Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic >> Page 2

Photos of tena taken aug 9th

Posted by posari 
Re: Photos of tena taken aug 9th
August 17, 2010 08:54PM
dry house- your absolutly right. responding just adds fuel to the fire.

spoolmak- el hombre del mar is out of water doing some home renovations. the pour guys has been trying to get out into the ocean for a good surf in boca or some fishing with the boys. looks like tomorrow morning he might take the boat out. ill tell him to take the camera so he can take some pictures.
when are you guys coming back???
August 18, 2010 12:34AM
Susan, 'Profile' is probably not the best word I could have used. 'Posting history' would be more appropriate.
Click on the name or handle which the poster uses for identification and than click on 'Show all posts'.

Dry House, Suggest you begin with the one in your mirror. The "fool" reflected there seems to be the "special" one who demands constant attention.
August 18, 2010 07:43AM
truer words were never said...

mirror image...

August 18, 2010 01:48PM
This project is dead without foreign investors. Anyone who really cares about preventing this from happening, or happening again, will be in touch with these people.

So journalists -- who are these investors?
August 18, 2010 02:18PM
RE; "This project is dead without foreign investors.'

I'm not sure about the accuracy of that comment. I would think there is probably enough money in Mexico?:
August 18, 2010 02:49PM
They should allow the narcos to invest all that money they are bringing down from the druggies up north. It would help the country a whole lot more than storing it in black trash bags in unused bedrooms and garages.

[redtreemelaque.com]

August 18, 2010 05:59PM
Bill, who says it's in trash bags and not in real estate?!
August 18, 2010 06:34PM
In the last year or two there was a Chinese-Mexican guy whose house was discovered to have many millions of dollars, pesos etc. in cash in large bundles all around the house. There was another up north in Sinaloa whose house and other buildings had many, many millions of dollars also stashed around the place.

And, as you say, in real estate.

[redtreemelaque.com]

August 18, 2010 08:48PM
posari....I sent you a PM.
August 18, 2010 10:13PM
As per Bill Gilberts comment about allowing narco money to support the Mexican economy, according to STRATFOR:

The amount of money pouring into Mexico annually is stunning. It is estimated to be about $35 billion to $40 billion each year. The massive profit margins involved make these sums even more significant. Assume that the manufacturing sector produces revenues of $40 billion a year through exports. Assuming a generous 10 percent profit margin, actual profits would be $4 billion a year. In the case of narcotics, however, profit margins are conservatively estimated to stand at around 80 percent. The net from $40 billion would be $32 billion; to produce equivalent income in manufacturing, exports would have to total $320 billion.

According to the CIA, the Mexican GDP, 12th largest in the world stood at 1.48 Trillion US in 2009.
Conservatively, the drug trade accounts for the equivalent of 20% of the legitimate Mexican economy. Now were talking about some stunning amounts of money.
August 18, 2010 10:43PM
Who's greedier, the narcos or the parisitic bankers who want to launder dollars for 50% of the take? No tiny part of the reason that Mexico has avoided the hemispherical meltdown is that an awful lot of drug money is floating around. Twenty million here, and forty million there ain't squat when you're talking about tens of billions. The only answer is a revenue department and federal investigation colossus every bit as nasty and ruthless as it is in the states and Canada.
August 19, 2010 04:36AM
buzzardwest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RE; "This project is dead without foreign
> investors.'
>
> I'm not sure about the accuracy of that comment. I
> would think there is probably enough money in
> Mexico?:

I say this because Villalobos himself said there were foreign investors involved. No one gets investors involved unless necessary, because one loses full control of the project otherwise. Also, investors may be flakey, and pull out -- adds too much risk to a big project.

So foreign investors are involved and no one knows who these people are?
August 19, 2010 05:50AM
I would expect a massive hotel/ resort would be an excellent way to 'launder' a big amount of money in this cash based society.
The hotels may be virtually empty, but the cooked books would show a 90% occupancy, with great wads of cash to support the claims of the high occupancy rate...
Can't say that I've ever seen a crowd at the 'huge local resort', and almost no one on the spectacular golf course.
Building another one of these white elephants on Tenacatita beach would seem logical, if I had a busload of cash to dispose of.
Many of us can just fantasize about monsterous heaps of hundered dollar bills, but in reality, getting rid of it is tricky.
August 19, 2010 07:42AM
re:'I say this because Villalobos himself said there
were foreign investors involved. No one gets
investors involved unless necessary, because one
loses full control of the project otherwise. Also,
investors may be flakey, and pull out -- adds too
much risk to a big project.

So foreign investors are involved and no one knows
who these people are?"

Well then, if Villalobos said 'that there were foreign investors involved' , I stand corrected.

Stupid Me

August 19, 2010 03:10PM
Another twist .... don't know how current this listing is?
Fecha: Miércoles 28 de Abril de 2010, 21:50:34

[www.mundoanuncio.com.mx]

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2010 03:13PM by sparks.
August 19, 2010 07:26PM
Sparks, call the number and ask about the property for sale. That might give a lot of info.
August 19, 2010 07:42PM
I hope someone calls. I can't take this one for the team.

This guy is speaking pretty slow and enunciating well and I still can't get it all. Anyone care to translate any key comments?
August 20, 2010 01:19AM
TENACATITA YOUTUBE TRANSLATION

Reporter---Tell us about your encounter with the police and how they started beating up people?

Guy--- I don’t know....I was coming back from out of town and I had stopped at the corner to see all the people and that’s when the cops drove by throwing stuff, and laughing at the people and making fun of them...the people didn't take it and started throwing stuff and yelling back at them. The cops drove back and that’s when they started beating people. I was standing there and I saw a girl crying and screaming all by herself.

Reporter--- Here on the highway??

Guy--- Right over there on the corner. I went over and picked her up and walked to the other side of the street and that’s when they came up behind me and started hitting me along with the girl. I had to let go of the girl......and l they pushed me on the ground and pepper sprayed in the eyes and that’s where they left me. I walked ahead to put water on me and take that stuff off because I couldn't even see. a lady pulled me into her house and the police started flashing lights into her house and that’s when the saw me and started chasing me in more and that’s when they beat me inside and pulled me out of there.

Reporter---What time was this?

Guy---Like midnight

Other guy---Like 11:30 pm

Reporter---So basically you wanted to protect the girl......

Guy---I wanted to protect the girl because she was crying because she was scared, or they had hit her, or I don’t know. I picked her up and took her across the street because I saw a bunch of women and I thought she might belong to one of them. I didn't know the girl and that’s when they came up behind me.....

(He basically says the same thing he previously said about how they beat him. He lets the reporter know that there was four state police that beat him. all the police there where state police.)

Guy---They took me out of the house and walked me about 20 meters kicking me...

Reporter---and they got you on the truck

Guy--- Yes...well first they had me face down beating me and then they put me on the truck...

Reporter---and then they round up more people to take them also all beaten?

Guy---Yes...they had some people from here and some other people that were here on vacation from El Torreo or something like that. They were in their car and they took them too and that's who I was with. I didn't know who was taking me or what was happening. I didn't know what had manifested.

Reporter---so you did know what was happening?? You where just coming into town??

Guy---I’m from the town, but since everything happened that same day...I was working with my dad and the helping him plant out in the field and I didn’t get back till about 9. About 9:30 I went to go see my girlfriend who lives out of town, I got back here about 11 or a little past 11. All I did was stop there, on the side of the highway and that was the moment that all that happened.

Reporter--- OK! And when you arrived at the jail in Cihuatlan, did they tell you what you’re being arrested for?

Guy---they just took us there and put us in and didn't tell us anything...they are accusing me of having a weapon. They said I had a weapon and I was shooting even though I had no weapon.

Reporter---Did they test you for...

Guy...they did the gun powder test and I was clean.

Reporter---Did they let everybody go because there wasn't any real reason for the arrests??

Guy---Well they let everybody go, they let us all go. Out of all the people arrested I was the most beaten and I guess that’s why they wanted to make it sound like I had a gun, to justify it...

Reporter---They planted it...the weapon

Other guy---According to them. Even though they never took the gun away...

Guy--- NO!! They never took anything....

Other guy----They didn't even show any weapon that you had...

Guy--- They showed it once I was giving my declaration but i had no idea why i was there until the declaration when they told me about the weapon.

Reporter--- But the gun powder residue test would show right away.

Guy--Yes!! And they did the test. I didn't even know what was happening. Not until I gave my first declaration did they start informing me of the gun I had. At no moment before did they tell me about any gun.

Reporter---Why did they make you guys stay two days in there?? What happened those two days?

Guy---They didn't want to let us out.

Reporter---Did they let you make a declaration?

Guy---yes! Twice, they gave us our one phone call to inform our families on the second day.

Other guy---(mumbles something)

Guy---they got them here!

Reporter---WHAT?

Guy---They got them with electric cords. they shocked people with the cords.....they got people right over there, they grabbed them and....well they are all burned.

Reporter---Also state police??

Guy---Yes! State police. There was lots of injustice.

Reporter---So what’s your state in this legal process? Are you free or do you need to make a declaration? Or what?

Guy---Yesterday I had to take two witnesses to Autlan, and then I still have like three more appointments in Guadalajara to get out of this case.

Reporter---So they are going to make you suffer still?

Guy---Well at least for me because of the weapon. And know I got to go sign every week.

Other guy----Because of this weapon.

Guy---Even though I never had a weapon. I didn’t even know about the weapon.

Reporter---And do you have a lawyer?

Guy---Yes! I have a lawyer

Reporter---Because I assume he's going to make all this known?

Guy---Yes! That why they did the gun powder test to show i never shot a gun.

Other guy---What kind of gun did they show?

Guy--- I don't even know what calibre it was. It looked like a small gun.

Reporter---22?

Guy---They said something like 380 or 32... I honestly don’t know.

Reporter---Your name??

Guy---Francisco Javier Campos

Reporter---Francisco Javier Campos?? Originally from El Rebalsito??

Guy---Yes!!
August 23, 2010 09:09PM
Wow....thanks posari.

Here is another. No need for translation.

TENACATITA MARCH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |