Home >> Main Index >> City of Oaxaca >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> City of Oaxaca >> Topic

Dixie Bar B Que Now Near Oaxaca

Posted by L.T. 
Click for city map
Dixie Bar B Que Now Near Oaxaca
January 22, 2013 02:43PM
Dixie Barbecue Pit # 2 is now open Southeast of Oaxaca on Carretera Federal 190 at Km marker 23 on the right. After passing the Beneva Mezcal Plant it is 1 Km farther. That is before the pedestrian overpass for Machuilzochil. This Tlacolula Valley of Oaxaca was the first trip my wife and I made outside the City of Oaxaca together. The villages of El Tule and Mitla were easy enough to pronounce for a non spanish speaking gringo. But after twisting my tongue with Tlacochahuaya, Machuilzochil, Teotitlan del Valle and Tlacolula the ruins at Mitla were a pleasant place to sip Dos XX Lagers till dusk. The Tlacolula Valley side of town is a great day trip for tourists wanting to mix up a bit of sightseeing. From the huge water cypress tree at El Tule to the ruins at Mitla stops along the way include the ruins of Dainzu, Lambityeco and Yagul. The magnificent church at Tlacochahuaya is a must see. Plus the weavers at Teotitlan del Valle. And the hot air balloon rides are a nice addition near Machuilzochil.
On your way to or from Mitla stop in and give our new Dixie BBQ Joint a try. We offer pork ribs, sausage, pulled pork, chicken and huge 1/4 Kilo bugers. All slowly smoked the right way with the native Hiuxache hardwood which is a close cousin to mezquite. Those old south recipes from Alabama are hard to beat and no shortcuts are accepted. True southern style can be imitated but never truly accepted by a pit master or customers seeking quality. We hope to see you there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |