Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn >> Page • Pαgina 4
Re: pet peves
May 05, 2012 08:26AM
Interesting. www.wnd.com/2012/05/wave-of-black-mobs

I could tell the Martin-Zimmerman case was getting out of control. Gere are some of the results! Disgusting!
May 18, 2012 07:46AM
As evidence is released in the case against George Zimmerman I cannot say that it surprises me. The Stanford Police responding to the call found Mr Zimmerman with lacerations on his face and forehead, an injured back, two black eyes, several cuts on the back of his head and a fractured nose. No marks or cuts were found on his hands. The deceased aggresor Martin was found with lacerations on his knuckles and marijuana in his system. Eye witness accounts confirm that Martin was on top of Mr Zimmerman as Mr Zimmerman screamed for help. The round received from Mr Zimmermans registered 9mm handgun was fired from a distance of 1 to 18 inches. In my opinion its definitely easy to understand the police not arresting Mr Zimmerman. The prosecution must now prove Mr Zimmerman did not fear for his life. That within itself is going to be a hard job! Good luck George! LOL!
May 18, 2012 11:47AM
Perhaps Trayvon was not hunted down like a rabid dog afterall!!!!!!!! Time, evidence, eyewitnesses will tell.
May 18, 2012 05:39PM
You couldnt pass that story off with free beer and peanuts now. Unless you could get some of them thar fancy new black panthers to congregate hahaha! LOL!
May 19, 2012 08:00AM
Whether of not Zimmerman should have gotten back in his car and waited for the police is immaterial, he did, those will say if he had done so Travyon would be alive and they are probably correct, but that did not happen. With that said, if Travyon had gone to his dads girlfriends house and not asked Zimmerman if he had a problem, and then sucker punching him and telling him, you got a problem now, the whole incident more than likely would not have happened, but it did. Both those things are not relevent. The only thing that is relevent until the punch was thrown was what happened after the fight began. It is not criminal for Zimmerman to follow Travyon, if the attack by Travyon did happen the way Zimmerman claims, and that is only heresay at had a right to defend himself. It is all way too early and the trail has not begun, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
May 19, 2012 09:44AM
While we are allowing the story to follow the "ifs" trail lets consider this. If Martins parents had been monitoring AND correcting his behaviour problems the kid would have not been expelled from school due to drug residues. AND the toxicolgy reports DO indicate his ingestion of marijuana. That being clearly impossible to deny could easily shift the blame of the sordid affair onto the irresponsible "parents" who seem to be impervious to the OBVIOUS! As in the parents should get of the squawking bandwagon tour and suck up the responsibility that they as "parents" hold in this tragic affair that has affected America in a very negative manner. The whole affair is disgusting. Especially the illegal attempt to incarcerate a man for defending his life! LOL!
May 21, 2012 06:15AM
Again since we will have to wait till the trial to see how it all plays out, Alan Dershowitz a Harvard Law Professor basically said the special procecutor in this case over reached with a 2nd degree murder charge, should have been at most a neglient homicide. He also said she had said her job was to quell a riot with this accusation and has done a poor job in the past at bringing charges in special cases. He said Zimmerman WAS arrested, when taken to jail in the police car in handcuffs, and that police let him out saying the evidence did not warrant keeping him in jail, but that was just his opinion, however I think a very unbiased informed one.
May 24, 2012 09:26AM
It has come to light that a year before Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin, he had asked at a city hall meeting that a Sanford police officer be suspended and his pension revoked due to a video of which a white Sanford officer was shown beating a homeless black man savagely. For all those that think he may have profiled Trayvon, how does it go hand in hand with Zimmerman standing up and defending a beating by a white officer on a helpless black man?
May 24, 2012 03:01PM
Not all profiling is racial. Zimmerman appears to have profiled Martin based on age and style of dress, at least that is what Sanford police said.

And interesting to see that several witnesses have altered their testimony, none to the advantage of Zimmerman.
May 25, 2012 12:54PM
This is a peeve thread and although partially justified we shouldnt let the 3 ring circus surrounding the Neighborhood Watch Captain deter us from posting other peeves. Lets try these for starters.
One school in Manhattan of all places is making Arabic language a MANDATORY course. If constructing mosques on the sight of the 2001 attack by radical islamic jihadists isnt enough now some nutty American is salting the wounds and forcing American children to learn the muslim lingo! This is outrageous! Spanish, French, German or American Indian of course. And an advanced English would be better.
That brings us to the school in San Antonio who are starting a program to track the students with an RFID ID. Thats right a microchip ID designed for the now get this "safety of the child. Plus the school cites money making effects will also be enjoyed while invading the privacy of US Citizens. The sad part is some parents believe its ok for the sake of "security"! Once you get a group of people scared theyre so easy to control. Theyre easing them in to chipping at birth and theyre still smiling........................
One of this weeks favorite peeves is the minister in NC who wants to build an electric fence and put all gays, lesbians homos etc inside only giving them food until as he puts it "they starve to death"! Hey preachie I can understand you not wanting to pulpit em and marry the silly willys but corraling them and feeding them like cattle in a snowstorm is a bit much. His philosophy being that with 0 reproduction rates they would eventually die off. Protestors are headed his way needless to say.
While touching this delicate subject we cant forget that the Justice Dept recently ordered the University of Arkansas to allow a crossdressing biological male to use the females bathroom on campus while he/she awaits her sex change surgery. That was based on the fact that the JD said he/she "indentified" and felt like a female already and it was violating his/her rights to not allow this. Thats pretty darn stupid if you ask me. I believe they mentioned something about building special bathrooms called unisex bathrooms for people like that also. Now how damn stupid can you get? You can squat or stand so whats the 3rd bathroom for? Maybe I shouldnt ask. And this dudes been married twice and fathered kids. Man o man this world is getting a wee bit edgy for me. Three friggin bathrooms. Im afraid those transgenders better not come to Mexico expecting those services anytime in the near future. Hahaha Clearout the operating room hes heading in.................
Well last but not least this pops in from DC. The Malcolm X (With a name like that anythings possible) school has declared today Trayvon Martin Day. This is very inappropriate due to the fact that not only is the jury still out on this case but the jury hasnt even been chosen. How they can take this tragic event and Martyrize such a poor example of Americas troubled youth is absolutely outlandish. They are teaching children to look up to a confused and less than desirable figure who had been suspended for drug paraphenalia and died during an attack on a Neighborhood Watch Captain while under the influence of marijuana! This is ludicrous. The principal was all smiles as she explained the children would all receive a can of tea and a bag of "skittles"! Whats this world coming to? Maybe a George Washington Carver or a Patrick Henry Day. Children should be shown greatness and outstanding accomplishments to look up to and not someone whos death as tragic as it may have been is far from clarified. LOL!
May 25, 2012 02:49PM
Yes several witnesses have changed their tune, makes one wonder what made them change their minds? If it were a black person, could it be they feel that if they say Zimmerman was being beaten, they may take a backlash from the black community? I really don't know, but one would think that is at least a possibliity. Also if any of the witnesses were hispanic, are they now changing their stories, to make a hispanic look better? Who knows, but you have to at least wonder what is their motivation to change their stories. Again, all this info coming out now, means absoulely squat, all that matters is what the jury decides. O.J. was found innocent, and I would bet even most Africa Americans, figured he WAS guilty, but they wanted one of theirs to beat the system, to make them feel better about themselves and beating the majority, they through O.J.'s not guilty verdict felt THEY had won.
May 25, 2012 08:30PM
As usual, there is much more to L.T.'s "outrage de jour" than he posts. Here, as the late Paul Harvey used to say, is "the rest of the story."

[www.news.com.au]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 08:35PM by paul falduto.
May 26, 2012 10:19PM
The Honarable Governor Sam Brownback of the Great State of Kansas recently signed a law into effect eliminating the possibility of any government agencies basing decisions based on any foreign laws. Although the law doesnt signal the ridiculous Islamic Shariah law specifically it appears this American law offends them to the point some muslims are contemplating legal action against it. Well good for you Governor Brownback and pooh on anyone condemning you on protecting your citizenry from foreign influences! Several other states including Louisiana, Tennessee and Arizona have enacted similiar laws and another 20 states are planning to do likewise. Hooray for America!
May 28, 2012 08:26AM
Pet peeve or worse goes freely to MSNBC's commentator chris hayes. This man made comments that he was "uncomfortable" using the word heroes describing U.S. Military personnel who gave their life for their country because he felt it justified more war. Im quite sure many of you feel Im exaggerating about this fellow however I assure you Im not. The audacity of this creep is breathtaking. Especially on Memorial Day! I truly hope I never meet this gentleman face to face. He should hope the same!
May 28, 2012 10:20AM
Once again, L.T. gives us his version of a story and it is not what really happened. Hayes comments, agree with them or not, are much more nuanced. Of course, nuance means nothing to Loony Tunes, he's just ready to blow away anyone who doesn't toe the L.T. line. Anyway, here is the quote that has Loony up in arms:

"I think it's interesting because I think it is very difficult to talk about the war dead and the fallen without invoking valor, without invoking the words "heroes." Why do I feel so [uncomfortable] about the word "hero"? I feel comfortable -- uncomfortable -- about the word because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don't want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that's fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism: hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I'm wrong about that."
May 28, 2012 11:26AM
You apparently have no ideas of your own on any subject. Therefore you jump from thread to thread arguing and contradicting others. Ill just keep my position on course exactly as I deem proper. Joining my latest opinion are thousands of Patriotic Americans, Honorable Veterans of War and Proud American Families of Heroes who gave their life defending the freedom and liberty we as Americans enjoy. Anyone having the slightest difficulty utilizing the word hero when referring to those great people isnt worthy of the ground he stands upon period! As far as a more personal note. Just watching that weak kneed liberal sleeze stumble through the few words is disgusting.
And you sir can nuance or denuance anything you want to. His words were stumbled through in English making his opinion very understandable to everyone! I strongly suggest you followup on the coattails of someone with a mindset weak enough to give a damn what you think. For with me thats surely not the case! LOL!
May 28, 2012 12:20PM
I certainly DO have my own ideas on this subject and that is that "hero" is used far too often. A hero has to do something heroic. Being killed on the battlefield doesn't necessarily make one a hero. It may make his or her sacrifice noble (a word Hayes used later in the broadcast) and certainly makes it worth honoring and remembering, and also worth supporting, such as making sure his or her family members don't become destitute because he can't support them. All veterans who served honorably are deserving of honor and respect, today and every day. But it doesn't make them heros. And Hayes' point, which got lost in the right wing hysteria exemplified by your screed, is that overuse of that word makes wars more palatable and easier to defend. War is hell and we need enter them only when absolutely necessary, such as WWII. We should have learned our lesson in Vietnam and now Iraq, but I doubt if folks like L.T. will ever meet a war they don't like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 12:39PM by paul falduto.
May 28, 2012 02:08PM
Identifying hayes obnoxious insults on a thread titled Pet Peeves should speak for itself. However considering the vast amount of infuriated responses he generated it does sorta take away from it being my "pet" gripe of the day. I hereby concide my attempt to attack his cowardly remarks alone and join the great majority of Americans who detest such tasteless remarks on such a special day for the Nation.
Maybe as a couple people have pointed out after reading the remarks of our nothing to do but follow and bark poster this thread has given a bit of relief to the ladies he continues to aggitate and argue with on another forum. If so thats great. Sorta like a poodle nipping at ones heels waiting for the boot. His wife should keep him busier girls. Hes all yours. Strip him to the bone! Hahaha LOL!
May 28, 2012 04:40PM
I'm not married.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 04:43PM by paul falduto.
May 28, 2012 05:13PM
Very understandable. LOL!

paul falduto Wrote
May 29, 2012 06:43AM
Mr. Falduto, I think what we have here is failure to communicate, a matter of symantics if you will, just depends what you think a word means in your mind. I think the point that is missed about using the word heroic is ALL of our men and women in the military, choose to do so on a volunteer basis. Thay have chosen that if need be, they put themselves in harms way to do the job, whatever it takes, to keep the rest of us free. It really is no different than a citizen who runs into a burning house to save a child, that person did not have to do it, but if he did not the child may have died, putting yourself in harms way to save others is heroic in my mind, if it is different in yours, well that is your opinion. The fact they have volunteered, again they did not have to do it, makes them heros to me, and appearantly plenty of others. I wonder if you had a conversation with a veteran from the Afghanistan war and told him in your opinion that you were thankful for his service, but certainly he was no hero, what reaction you would get from that vet?
May 29, 2012 07:26AM
While I never serverd in the military, I did not volunteer, nor was I drafted, I am now 60, so could have been drafted into Viet Nam, but I was fortunate to get a good lottery number and did not have to serve. PF, I am gonna guess you were not in the military either, but I could be wrong, however after seeing online Chris Hayes, kind of carefully sidestepped, and almost as if walking on egg shells, without any bravado, that "hero" was a word that he, please note the word he, here, that he was uncomfortable with that word. It seems as if the VFW looks at it in a different light and I am gonna predict Mr. Hayes will at somepoint try to backpeddle from that word and appologize, guess we will see.
May 29, 2012 08:55AM
While the apology from hayes has been issued by hayes himself. Without any "nuances" I suppose. Hahaha The VFW and NRA carry big sticks. Dont believe it? Cross em and find out for yourself! LOL!
May 29, 2012 09:09AM
Lamar, why should he have had "bravado?" He wasn't taunting the dead or making fun of them or disrespecting them in any way, no matter what the unhinged hysterical right wing is saying. He was making a statement about using a word accurately and obviously was sensitive to what he was saying. I am sorry to see he felt the need to apologize, but I guess that is the reality when you are being pilloried by the likes of L.T. and you have a TV job, you take the path of least resistance.

The only thing I disagreed with him about is use of the word comfortable, he should have said it was not accurate to describe them all as heroes. "Comfortable" is too much about feelings, "accurate" is about facts and it is simply not accurate to use "hero" to describe every single person who was killed in battle; even a lot of combat veterans say that.

And you are correct, I never served and never even had to register, I turned 18 during the period where there was no registration. I have always believed we have not treated our veterans well and need to do more for them. Ironically, it is now conservatives in Congress, not liberals, who are trying to cut veterans benefits. But don't expect folks like L.T. to recognize that, they are just "unhinged" and I say that with all accuracy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 09:13AM by paul falduto.
May 29, 2012 11:26AM
It seem to me that Hayes was going to say what he said, however it looked as if he knew what he was going to say was going to be sensative to those that served or did not feel the same way he did, and was trying to cushion the blow about what he was going to say, he seemed to be doing it a little apologetic in advance. Left or right leaning is a matter of choice, however I still believe that volunteering to lay down ones life for a belief, in this case Democracy, is heroic, whether or not one gets that opportunity. If you do not like that word, then you can choose not to use it, however if those that choose, by joing the armed forces, are willing to step in front of our enemys and take a bullet, or a bomb, or do whatever they can to protect me and our freedom, I choose to call them hero's. After rereading your last post, when did you become a member of the vocabulary police, telling anyone what words they should or should not use?
May 29, 2012 11:46AM
I guess it is just like "Hope & Change" it can mean whatever you want it to mean.
May 31, 2012 02:49PM
Without a doubt pet peeve of the day goes to the mom of Rudy Eugene on her CNN interview where she withheld her name by request. She claimed her son was a loving caring individual who could have been tasered instead of shot. Try telling that to the victim Mr Popo. The woman should have pleaded the 5th or simply declined comment altogether. Police reports indicate she herself had called the police not long ago when her son Rudy destroyed her home and was threatening to shoot her, his own mother. Im speechless........
June 01, 2012 07:45AM
Some things go completely past the pet peeve list but this is all we have so lets include Alexander Kinyua a Morgan State student originally from Kenya who is alledged to have killed his roommate Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei Kodie from Ghana and has admitted to eating him. Their countries of origin are known to be a bit more cannibalistic than America. One must wonder if this isnt the start of a Zombie age. Mr Agyei Kodie held several masters degrees from Ghana at the time of his death. Although Kinyua has admitted to murdering Mr Agyei Kodie he refuses to explain his reason for committing such an outrageous atrocity. My personal opinion upon seeing photos of Kinyua sets off alarms. Too bad others couldnt see what I see when he recently without motive attacked an inocent civilian in school with a baseball bat and attempted to kill him. This could have been easily been avoided. Actual pet peeve award of the day goes to all authorities involved in allowing this maniac to run loose on the streets of America.
June 07, 2012 06:58PM
Unfortunately todays peeve goes to none other than Eric Holder who upon being questioned by Rep Jason Chaffetz empatically denied that the contents of an internal E-Mail within the JD referred to the operation Fast and Furious when Mr Chaffetz clearly read it several times and the letter clearly stated FAST and FURIOUS. Lying didnt seem to bother holder in the least. This complete controversy over the supposed "accidental" operation of releasing weapons illegally into Mexico was nothing more than a well planned strategy to put public and political pressure to justify further federal restrictions upon firearms. Holder is playing the role of pansy to accomplish this end. Google Eric Holder Brainwashing and its easy to identify what type of mindset we now have as Attorney General. This whole idiotic plan for mass media consumption is sickening and worse! LOL!
June 09, 2012 08:07AM
And today the peeve award goes to the security guard at the Minneapolis Central Library who rudely informed mother Hadley Barrows she could not breastfeed her baby in the library. According to Minnesota law its perfectly legal to do so. County security manager later intervened and corrected the matter. I guess the old saying the only thing worse than a cop is a private wanna be cop!
America is definitely too involved in the private lives of its citizens. Just think you have the UA ordered to allow a man to use the ladies restroom and a security guard ordering a lady to not breastfeed her baby amongst a myriad of other ludicrous and outrageous examples of trampling of ones god given rights. The absence of Christian morality is the main cause of this phenomenon sweeping the country. I hope it can be reversed. LOL!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |