Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
salmon recipes?
September 04, 2010 05:22PM
Looking for some new salmon recipes for our record breaking sockeye run this year on the mighty Fraser river. My all time favorite is a cedar board salmon on the bbq. Simply soak a cedar board ( about 12'' ) in water for about 5 hours. Apply olive oil on both sides. Pre heat bbq for 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix 2 oz. Jack Daniels bbq sauce, a good squirt of maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of brown surgar. Dissolve and pour over salmon fillet. Place fillet, skin side down on pre-heated cedar board. Cook 15 to 20 min., depending on thichness of fillet. Use a water bottle for spritzing down flames. Then enjoy! If anybody has some favs, i`m looking for any new ones. Adios.
Re: salmon recipes?
September 04, 2010 11:01PM
You can make cold smoked salmon (Lox, Grav Lax)). it is easy to prepare but takes three to five days "smoking" in the fridge and tastes wonderful on a bagel with cream cheese , tomato and red onion and capers.
September 05, 2010 06:59AM
One of my favorite ways to prepare salmon is to marinate it over night in teriyaki sauce, then slow cook it over a very smoky mesquite fire, finishing it with really super hot flames to crisp up the edges. Ultra yum.
September 05, 2010 10:11AM
And, you are bringing down how much? And, your phone number is ___?
September 05, 2010 01:59PM
what a year for the sockeye!!!
September 05, 2010 04:15PM
Good stuff, I`ll have to try those ones. Thx.
September 06, 2010 08:56PM
Ok here is mine.
In a 1 inch high tray, pour good olive oil over salmon (skin down) course salt and garlic (to your taste) then sprinkle dry Italian seasoning on top, some dill if you have some but not necessary. Put in heat until cook, remove and squirt some lime or lemon on it.
Bom Appetite
Nelson
September 07, 2010 08:53AM
Here is a very easy recipe -

2 TBSP. Butter
2 TBSP. Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP. Honey
1 TBSP. Lemon Juice
1/2 TSP. Cilantro
1 Green Onion Chopped

Melt the above ingredients together. Pour over the salmon filets, and microwave (High) approx. 4 to 7 minutes.

Of course everything can be adjusted to taste and the size of the salmon. Enjoy!!
September 07, 2010 11:43AM
sesame oil, wasabi, tamari, pickled ginger and coat with sesame seeds. wrap in tin foil, put under broiler. accompany wth wakame salad and edamame.
September 07, 2010 12:08PM
take whole fish gut it stick a couple of onions split in two, add 1/4 cube butter, wrap in tinfoil bury in sand about 10 inches build a fire over it, depending on size of fish ready in a hour for a 60 lb king salmon let fire burn out and fish stays reaall warm for along time enjoy, really great on the copper river in interior alaska, outdoor fun!!!!!
September 07, 2010 12:30PM
Chill, slice thin, apply wasabi and good soy sauce. Put in mouth and let melt on tongue.
September 07, 2010 02:14PM
Cover salmon in maple syrup, wrap in plastic wrap and put in fridge 1/2 hour.

BBQ on med/high (in fish rack if you have) skin side down first for approx 5 min per side (depending on thickness)

Dipping sauce (the best part)

Whisk together:

1/3 cup maple syrup

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon wasabi (or to taste)

Serve with rice and sauce on the side.
September 07, 2010 02:50PM
Poached Salmon,

Cut fillets to pan. Melt butter in and lots of minced garlic to pan. Cook lightly until skin just starts to turn brown. Add one cup of cooking sherry or sauterne. Sprinkle dill weed on top. Cover and cook gently for a few more minutes.
September 07, 2010 03:40PM
My Son-in-law made this for my birthday dinner and is my newest favourite salmon recipe. If you let the cedar plank catch fire ( a little) and have a water spray bottle to put out the flame-ups, it really intensifies the smoky flavour. You won't be disappointed with this recipe.
The recipe came from a "Planking" recipe book.

1 cedar plank, soaked overnight
1 salmon , filleted
olive oil, for brushing
coarse salt
freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
1/3 cup grainy mustard
2 tablespoons dill, fresh or dried
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated

1. Leave skin on salmon (or not - doesn't really matter, but stays moister with skin on). generously brush the skin with olive oil. If using skinless salmon, brush one side of the fish with olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place the salmon on the plank, skin side down if it has one, oiled side down if not.

2. Place the mayonnaise, mustard, dill and lemon zest in a nonreactive mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3. Set up the grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium-high. When ready to cook, spread the glaze mixture evenly over the top and sides of the salmon. Place the salmon on its plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat, and cover the grill. Cook the salmon until cooked through and the glaze is a deep golden brown. 20 - 30 minutes.

4. To test for doneness, insert an instant read meat thermometer through the side of the salmon, the internal temperature should be about 135 degrees F / 57 degrees C. Another test is to insert a slender metal skewer in the side of the fillet for 20 seconds. It should come out very hot to the touch.
September 15, 2010 08:48AM
Here is a recipe for Poached Sockeye. When I get my Sockeye, I usually cut them into steaks about 1 1/8" thick, but stop on the steaks about 6 inches from the tail end(tail removed) This leaves what is actually the tastiest part of the fish. So,,,,,,,,,,,,

POACHED SOCKEYE CHUNK

1 QT. Liqiud(3 prts water, 1 prt white wine.)
1 t Paprika
2 Bayleafs
Top and Bottom of one onion. Use the center for a salad.
2 t butter
1/2 t Peppercorns
2 or 3 slices of lemon.
Bring this to a boil.
Add fish. When reboiling, simmer for 10 minutes.
Before serving, the skin will peel off easily.
Serve with rice, ? a salad and at least 2 Pacificos.

This might work with for you Melaquians and your local fish. I'll try when I get down.
BON APETIT!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2010 09:25AM by rompinggie.
September 21, 2010 09:45PM
wow!...this is more fun than the main forum...

foil...grease it up with mayo...add yellow mustard to inside of fish....wrap, cook on bar-b-que...flip two or three times...serve with a killer salad and iced Victoria.
September 24, 2010 03:35AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |