Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

zipo murder

Posted by nadamas 
zipo murder
January 28, 2010 01:14PM
I'm surprised this isn't a blog topic here... any comments?
Re: zipo murder
January 28, 2010 09:17PM
We know there has been a number of unsubstantiated cases. I have been going to the area
for 10 years and have heard of just a handful of "maybe" cases.
Has it gotten worse over the last few years? If so, why? Drugs, poverty, corruption, ......all the above?
Planning a trip in Feb. Is it still relatively safe?
February 04, 2010 08:21PM
Dont answer this person he's trolling for people...i.e. witnesses. How much you want to guess its not to put those responsible in jail either.
February 04, 2010 09:29PM
Info Daddy,

This was almost a month ago. The law in Zipo is tribal in nature.

We have all seen this play out before ... nothing new here.

With out knowing ANY details I am fairly certain that this murder was carried out by one of the gangs of disaffected local youth.

I say this because if it was performed by a single violent person without family or friends, the murder would have been reported sooner.

I could be wrong but .. like I said we all know how things work in a small Mexican town.

Who has anything to gain by "trolling for people'?

Lots of Hugs

Hope this helps
February 04, 2010 09:55PM
Yes GG!

Just making sure my little piece of paradise is still safe enough to take my wife and friends I've turned on to this
place onto over the years.
April 21, 2011 01:50AM
One of Puerto's younger businessmen in the Rinconada area knows who is the serial killer in Zipo. A long string of murders and rape's that ended near 1999. He recanted the stories of many murders by an individual, a loner that committed many murders that usually ended up in kidnapping, rape and dismemberment. One of the last were a boyfriend girlfriend couple, vry bad outcome. Most victims of whom were extranjeros and pretty women.
This person holding the knowledge of these murders is a major schizophrenic. People who he told the stories to over several years think he is the murderer. This individual is fixated on zipolite and the locations that are tied to all the murders. He, actually used one picture of one of the islands as his facebook main image. The second he was questioned as why he used the picture in reference to his stories of the murders, he removed his facebook account in a couple hours. As he explained to several people is that the little black island he would swim to, naked. The evil spirits would tell him to murder. After he did the murder (s) he would swin to the "white" island next door and stay their as long as he could. He said the white island was the good island and would forgive him for the murders he committed.
After murders he said the murderer would go up to the mountains and live for a couple months near a waterfall. He said his mother would bring up food to him. When he realized that no investigation were ever made into the murders he would return to zipo.
Pretty twisted, but so is this individual. A few people knew of these stories, another ten years have passed with this person in Puerto, his property for sale and now he is not to be found.
I have talked to families of some victims and some agencies (U.S.) but nothing has become of it. This man has been on the run for close to 20years from the U.S., confirmed by his family in ... Oregon.
the question is, where is he going next?
April 24, 2011 08:17PM
To visit you?
July 29, 2011 06:11PM
No I doubt it, his family in Oregon made it clear that when he went on the run well over a decade ago he was wanted for various crimes. I can show you the email.

Any families concerned about any of the brutal rape killings and some that included dismemberments can contact me. these happened to be almost all foreigners with light skin and before 1998. This individual I speak of above states he knows who did it and continued to be his associate for many years. This individual personally stated information to various persons in the area about the deaths and his information was repeated. Too much information for anyone not involved to even know about. To detailed, twisted..... this individual IS very upset this information is being published and he threatens me on this site constantly....... right Froggy?
He still visits the area, wated in the U.S. and has major social dysfuntions.
However if an investigator from the U.S., a real one not some fiction one that lurks these forums cares to contact me via a federal agency I would be glad to fill them in on the sick information this individual has told a few people. Not the kind of stuff you tell anyone and then think anyone would want to even be in the same town with.
July 31, 2011 07:17PM
I knew a crazy gringo from there....naked all the time. Daniel....or Surfer Dan, as he was called in the late 70's. He told me he cured his malaria using the electricity in the fish....? He used to live in back of Glorias, and was a fisherman. He had a burlap bag stuffed with 2 liter bottles that he used as a float to get him to his islands. I heard he got run out of Zipo after 20 years, but he returned.....He didn't seem the murdering type, but he sure was crazy.
December 10, 2011 12:04AM
The families of a string of murder victims (individuals and couples) of sexual crimes before 1999 can have their respective countries police agency contact me. I will not respond to individual contacts or Mexican based contacts.
I was as others have been approached by an individual for years who claims to be involved with the murders, intimately knows who did them and about various cases, locations ect.
October 07, 2012 01:29AM
Danny was my neighbor for several years in Zipol, and while yes, he suffered from unstable moments when very drunk and smoked up, he was a kind and gentle soul who would help anyone. He never stole, and certainlyl would not be killing except for the sea creatures he ate, shared with others, and sold for his metzcal. I can also say that he never disappeared for hours, much less days or months. He lost what ever few papers he had in a fire, and received some help from the U.S. consolate to go up to the states, to be with family from what I heard. I saw him on his way to Oaxaca City onhis way out, riding with an Irish couple in a van.
If you tell me that an Irish couple was found dismembered in the mountains around 2000 I will reevalluate if you have proof. I may be off by a year or so/I'm not the best with dates, but I don't think it could have been before 2000 when I lost saw Diver Danny.
I miss eating his fresh seafood.
If you happen uppon this, Danny, this is Burt. Lucio Felix and the boys were fine last I saw them...may go down there in a couple months.
October 19, 2012 04:02AM
It was told to me that Danny was murdered by local/s many years ago...........Danny a number 9 was what he said....He was a street from the San Diego and early on had a Russian girl friend and baby and a 15 ft surf board living on a rock and a hard spot....Diver Dan the best friend a man could have.... He would keep you alive from the free things out in the ocean... Many memories,many happy times. One morning there was some garbage out back and I just kicked it and lo and behold Danny was sleeping under it!
I gave him many things but he aways gave me more!
Loved that guy!
Re: zipo's surfer or Diver Dan
October 24, 2012 09:54AM
OffTheRadar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I knew a crazy gringo from there....naked all the
> time. Daniel....or Surfer Dan, as he was called in
> the late 70's. He told me he cured his malaria
> using the electricity in the fish....? He used to
> live in back of Glorias, and was a fisherman. He
> had a burlap bag stuffed with 2 liter bottles that
> he used as a float to get him to his islands. I
> heard he got run out of Zipo after 20 years, but
> he returned.....He didn't seem the murdering type,
> but he sure was crazy.

I knew Diver Dan and we bought fish from him as he passed through Shambhala in the mornings. I listened to his rants and considered him harmless. He loved his grandulated sugar and pot and was physically fit like Posidon. Bless the beasts and the children. The saga of Zipolite continues down the path of enlightenment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2012 09:56AM by cepulihtoa.
December 27, 2012 12:38PM
i'll echo unoboca & burt

daniel was humble and meek,
incapable of atrocity

when the throng pressed forward and mob-like,
daniel would back away, rather than fight for his rightful posistion
thus ensuring we would not get our bus tickets that Christmas day

so we took a taxi for the 10 hour trip (quite a few pesos as i recall)
but that was money well spent,
because over a decade later, i remember that lesson in humbleness

one more for Daniel,
he would say, 'you know the Bible, it is in your heart,
don't study so much, meditate on it (live it)'
sage words indeed

i hope unoboca is incorrect about his fate
he did not deserve that

"i just wanted to say goodnight,
and give Chief a hug,
then he bit me."
Daniel M.
winner of ribbons and trophies

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 11:49AM by the wind up north.
March 18, 2013 11:32AM
to "The Wind Up North" Danny the diver...... He did look like Charley Manson of the ocean but he had a heart bigger than that!
Attachments:
open | download - DSC00007.JPG (143.9 KB)
April 09, 2013 03:31PM
My Best Friend in Zipo "Diver Dan" Past Tense.........................
Attachments:
open | download - danny 001.JPG (150.8 KB)
July 25, 2013 07:36AM
hey info. you live here too. where is lolt in this? and eric...?
August 21, 2013 11:44AM
Derek Johnson,

I do not know all the history that many do on this forum but myself and my wife have been going to Zipo beach for 5 years now and about 4-5 days a week over the last 2 winters. We feel safe and love the beach, restaurants and people. I hope you returned in 2010 and have continued to return since then.

Cheers,

Brent
April 27, 2014 12:14PM
I just knew that Danny AKA "Diver DAN" would come to FAME one day....!

But the dead are forgotten later than sooner!
October 20, 2014 09:56PM
unoboca
But the dead are forgotten later than sooner!

you may be more right than you know

dan came up in conversation the other day with a home builder

i had mentioned the tree of infinity and he was curious where this phrase came from
(this was daniel's colloquialism for the tree of life in the garden)
which of course led to a little history of diver dan and what made him unique (like the rest of us!)
October 21, 2014 03:31PM
November 12, 2014 02:23PM
Danny always talked about this "tree".

That is this "particular tree" of "infinity" or to say " The Tree of Life" "To Live Forever" and the other tree of "the tree of knowledge of good and bad"

Up to that point everything was "good" it was "very good".......

Do to eating of the fruit from the tree of "the knowledge of good and bad" came the repercussions of death that lead us to this condition....to all....Danny was right......

He had a barrel of bibles.
January 11, 2015 03:08PM
Danny was right,
probably for more than he was given credit for
(his cover could be disconcerting at times, unless you had already cracked that particular book)

maybe idiom would have been a better word than colloqualism?

as i age my brain shrinks (not cool)

stay safe brothers and sisters
January 11, 2015 10:03PM
Pity none of you posters on this thread have the slightest idea what Zipolite is like right now. You'd sure leave scare posts like this listing of very old mierda out of the conversation. Zipolite has re-habbed - especially the Roca Blanca end. From the Italian cuisine at Don Francos to the gourmet offerings at El Alquimisto to the seafood at Piedra del Fuego, yo'd find the cuisine hard to beat anywhere on the Mexican Pacific. And on both sides of the main drag on Roca Blanca, the accommodations are damned near up-scale. But y'all keep dwelling on 30 year old horror stories if it makes you happy...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |