Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

Protests

Posted by rbm273 
Protests
June 23, 2016 10:57AM
Our trip to Zipolite is rapidly approaching and I'm curious about the recent unrest in Oaxaca and how it impacting the areas around Zipolite.

I've read that there are shortages of gas, food and other things. Has anyone found that to be a problem in Zipolite?

We are renting a car to drive from the airport in Huatulco. Will there any problem with blockades on our way to Zipolite? We don't plan on doing much driving, so I don't think gas will be an issue, so long as the car has a full tank when we get it.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Re: Protests
June 24, 2016 06:35AM
Other than bootleg gas at a premium there is no gas. Cash is getting short or in some cases non existent. Bring what you think you will need in pesos.Some places take credit cards but not sure about Zipo. Various other shortages but smaller vehicles can bring stuff in on "back" roads. Normally you need to bring a rental car back with the same amount of gas. Check this at the airport. At present there are no blockades in the area.
Re: Protests
June 25, 2016 09:45PM
If your not driving much, take a cab to zipo.

Outside the airport a reputable cab service with posted rates will drop you off and later return for the ride home. Inside the airport the rates are ridiculous, walk five minutes.

[taxihuatulco.com]

Zipo is 450 pesos, a screaming deal. No car to hassle with. Take the cab.
Reserve with an email or phone call.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2016 12:25AM by Pedro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |