Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

ATM/Cajero Automatica

Posted by johnzap 
ATM/Cajero Automatica
March 07, 2015 02:16PM
There is currently a working ATM in Mazunte. It is not attached to a bank, of which there are NONE below Pochutla on 175. If you do go into Pochutla, the lowest ATM fee I have found is at the Caja Popular de Oaxaca on your left going into town, at 17.5p. The next lowest I have found is two doors down at the Elektra, believe it or not. 20p. For comparison, Scotiabank is 29p and Bancomer (and the Mazunte machine) charge 39p.
Re: ATM/Cajero Automatica
March 17, 2015 10:20AM
Thanks...great information! The Elektra...? Makes sense.
March 30, 2015 09:10PM
OK, another ATM sighted in Marco's Hotel Playa Zipolite, on Avenida Roca Blanca, and yet another in San Augustinilla. As Pochutla grows ever more interesting, the necessity for going there lessens.
April 06, 2015 08:31PM
Thanks for the info.
I used to hate Pochutla and avoided it like the plague (I'm talking 20 or so years ago), but over the years it's grown on me.
Once I saw it refered to in an old Huatulco Club Med pamphlet as a "charming tropical village".
I certainly wouldn't go as far as to agree with that!
April 07, 2015 12:33PM
Sola, like a nasty fungus, Pochutla just keeps growing on you. Decades ago, it was the Zona de Tolerencias that kept folks coming back. But if you need building supplies and the like, Ferroteria Roga remains the most likely spot to find whatever you lack. Then another of the inovations of Gener's term as Presidente Municipal, the gorgeous new plaza between the mercado and the church, shows how much good a kid from Playa Panteon can do when he grows up and gets elected...
April 09, 2015 09:33PM
I love Roga...all time favorite hardware store...in the WORLD!!
But, we've discovered Materiales Toledo in Zipolite.
Our guy, Antonio, buys almost exclusively from them. Really nice family!
April 14, 2015 08:54AM
the ATM in San Agustinillo in front of Pariaso de Pescadores was stolen a couple of nights ago. Assume it had just been reloaded after Semana Santa.
April 17, 2015 09:12PM
So if the guy who was cadging beer from you last week has bleeding nostrils and a bottle of Remy Martin in his hand this week, it's probably not because he had a great week catching yellow fin tuna...
May 13, 2015 06:02PM
For Canadians, those with an old ING debit card, now known as Tangerine.ca, the charge at Scotiabanque on the main drag, half way up the hill in Pochutla is 9 pesos.

Same fee applies in d.f. - Mexico City.
May 16, 2015 02:35PM
Great for accounts in Loonies, Chloe! For my US dollars, 17.40 at the Caja Popular is the best I've been able to do...
May 17, 2015 06:31PM
Well Tom,

How can one forgot how in the recent past, the Canadian dollar against MXN Peso was higher.

We, the Australians and xx other nationals are used to being thrown off the high horse..and dealing with
a lighter change purse.

I remember in the l980's I'd change $1600 Cdn at the foreign exchange before heading to the US. I'd receive
$1000 American.
There was a strong wind blowing through and who knew where the other 600$ went.

We know it will all change again, sooner or later, and glad for you, it's on the up and up.

C'est la vie!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |