Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

How is the weather in Zipolite after all the storms

Posted by tirado2013 
How is the weather in Zipolite after all the storms
September 19, 2013 04:03PM
Just wondering how people in zipo weather the storm? is anyone the there now?
Zipo
September 23, 2013 08:43AM
I hope everyone is ok in Zipolite I havent heard back from this site but i have noticed that it got 47 views. The first time I was there was 27 years ago. I wonder how much it has changed I was reading about that Daniel guy I remember him, when I was there I got high with him a couple time he was a little out there but nice guy. I alway wanted to live like he did fishing for your food getting high all day, well 27 years later Im still thinking about going down there and living like that. I ran in to some health problems and need to rest . So I will be in Zipolite by November God willing. I wonder if any one that veiws this knows of a place i could rent for 9 months.
Re: How is the weather in Zipolite after all the storms
September 24, 2013 07:52AM
i never like zipolite but some times there was no weed, can you imagine, in Puerto so I use to go to cop. dangerous.
September 24, 2013 09:28AM
What is zipolite like now ? I stayed in puerto once very touristy and why didnt you like zipolite ? I need a safe place to rest any advice
September 24, 2013 09:56PM
OK, in Roca Blanca the main street is now paved from the disco west. Follow the paved street until the pavement ends. There are a couple of small huts in the left in front of a larger posada. Talk to them right and you're looking at a thousand pesos a month. Bathroom/showers are shared. Mosquito net over bed. Or, east of the pavement, there's the venerable Piedra del Fuego. Not a separate hut; still have the shared bath situation; but you can work a deal. As far as that goes, everybody makes deals, including Sergio's family at La Choza. If you like Viejo Zipolite, there's a couple of rooms at the lifeguard stand, Cafe Azteca, but a bit loud sometimes. Drifty may not like Zipolite, but I sure as hell do! Been spending time there since about '73...
September 25, 2013 12:45PM
Thank you for the information Johnzap, its been 27 years I can't wait to get down there
September 30, 2013 08:47PM
Tirado, the rules remain: Take half the clothes and twice the money you think you'll need. You will not recognize it after 27 years. The Italian invasion has continued, and I do believe that the best italian food I've ever eated is at Zip. Don Franco does it really well. That said, the raw yellowfin under a warm black pepper sauce at El Alquimisto is a MUST. Most nights you can find sushi at the lifeguard stand. And siempre en Zipolite, "Warm smell of colitas..."
Marco of Agua Azul has an upscale (for Zipolite) hotel accross the alley from La Choza with a nice pool/hottub complex; I'm almost over being mad that he wouldn't let my birddog stay there last March...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |