Home >> Main Index >> City of Oaxaca >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> City of Oaxaca >> Topic

Guelaguetza 2011 dates

Posted by juan bryan 
Click for city map
Guelaguetza 2011 dates
February 05, 2011 03:45PM
Does anyone know, for sure, whether the Guelaguetza in Oaxaca this year is on July 18 and 25, or July 25 and August 1? Or suggest how I can find out for sure?

I have been around the web, and there is support for both sets of dates. It is usually the last two Mondays in July, but there is apparently an exception related to when Benito Juarez's death day falls on a Monday, which it does this year (July 18). I want to book a flight now, so any advice most appreciated.

Bryan
Re: Guelaguetza 2011 dates
February 20, 2011 07:45AM
If you google Guelaguetza Oaxaca 2011, I believe that the only dates you'll find are the last two Mondays in July, at least those are the dates for which the Oaxaca hotel group are using to sell packages for 2011. If that doesn't provide sufficient assurance, then book your flights around the last Monday in July, which will give you an assurance that you won't miss out. In your position, that's what I would be doing ... sooner rather than later since it's a very busy time for tourism, and the highest rated and best value accommodations get filled rather quickly for Guelaguetza, as well as for Muertos and Navidad.

Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast
[www.oaxacadream.com]
February 28, 2011 08:38PM
Alvin,

Thank you very much for your response re the Gueluegetza dates. I was leaning in that direction. I am now going to proceed and book our flight, making sure that we are there the last Monday in July, as you suggest.

Bryan
June 13, 2011 08:38AM
Guelaguetza Update:

1) It appears that Ticketmaster is still not selling tickets. Contact your hotel or B & B, and ask them to buy your seats for you. They should not balk. It's part of providing value added service, which every lodging in Oaxaca should be providing.

2) A few weeks ago an article appears in a Oaxaca daily, assuring everyone that the new roof would be completed on the Guelaguetza Auditorium by the end of June, quoting government officials, citing details of the foreign company supplying the roofing materials, etc. Well, the roofing material is indeed in the process of being installed, so government may in fact make good its earlier assurance.

Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast
[www.oaxacadream.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |