Home >> Main Index >> City of Oaxaca >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> City of Oaxaca >> Topic

Looking for an inexpensive used car

Posted by jonivy78 
Click for city map
Looking for an inexpensive used car
September 10, 2013 04:39PM
We are looking for a car or small truck to scoot around town with. We would prefer to buy within Oaxaca state, since we live in Puerto, and don't really want to import a vehicle. Is there anyone here that has a car for sale?
I don't want to spend more than $30,000 pesos, and it has to be able to fit all five of us (my wife and I and our 3 kids).

I know that's not very much money, but surely we can find something?
Re: Looking for an inexpensive used car
September 22, 2013 07:57AM
Nissan sentra/t suru.

who sell a good used car?

I am a student of this art of finding a good used car. in mexico you buy a car and keep it. tough job. I would go to Oaxaca after striking our in Puerto.

a dead guy who spent more attention on it then the old lady you would be dealing with. you need to take your time. llook in obvious places and cars going the other way or sitting there w/ a se vende in paste wax.
December 05, 2013 07:59AM
so what do you buy?

how dead are these forums? no wonder nancy doesn't bother cenusing these places. dead is dead. eh ivy?
December 05, 2013 08:27AM
I actually drove up to León and bought a car there. We ended getting a Malibu. It has low Kilometers, and fits all of us, and it wasn't too expensive. This is Jon btw, my wife is Ivy.
December 09, 2013 08:18AM
I am tio jack. I have spent much time in Puerto over the years and pass through Oaxaca often.i love Puerto and Oaxaca as they were and as they are. true love.
September 12, 2014 03:38AM
Did you find this car? What kind of rental did you buy ?
September 22, 2014 12:18PM
Good Luck. We spent 2 months up in Oaxaca City trying to find one and ended up going out to Vera Cruz to get it. You are in a very small market and used cars are very expensive and unfortunately often tricked up for sale. I suggest you go for a week up to Puebla where the market is good, lower in price and filled with ex-pat second home cars with low mileage. I wish we had done this. As it is what seemed a bargain has cost us twice again in parts and welding.There is a government website where you input the VIN or the license number to check on whether or not it is stolen.
[www2.repuve.gob.mx]

You can check with any state's government office to see what if any tenencias are due. Buena Suerte.
September 23, 2014 09:00PM
I'd just like to add that anything of value in Oaxaca usually stays within an extended family forever be it cars, tools, musical instruments etc. Secunda mano is usually always overpriced with poor quality.
October 01, 2014 08:49AM
cheap used cars in guate. I agree w/ skinny. a good used car is a hard thing to find. yu want the dead guy's car that he spent more time w/ that the widow. she hates it and never learned to drive. check the obits like the real estae guys do.

sltolen cars are the thing in belize. lookout.

what is the best deals on hotels around plaza currently?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |