Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

? for any Washington State people

Posted by • Enviado por scott 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
? for any Washington State people
February 29, 2012 05:56PM
So, I would like to know what rocket scientist (governor or law maker) decided that "everyone" should be carded if you have a drink in a bar in that state regardless of age!?!?!?!?
Stopped in Seattle coming and going, had a beer at the airport and three of us thought the bar tender was joking about ID.
We are all in our 60's! I asked the bar tender for her ID to see if she was old enough to serve us, of course she had no sense of ha ha!
Was this an idea of some government person pretending to earn his/her money???
Re: ? for any Washington State people
February 29, 2012 06:19PM
This may not be the law in Wa. I have not been carded anywhere in the state for many years.
February 29, 2012 06:41PM
That's been happening to me in most every airport bar I've been in (every state) for years. Been a rule is Wash. for 15+ years ... unles they know you

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
February 29, 2012 07:49PM
Happens every trip through Phoenix, same bar, same old worn out piece of scrawny misery, serving me. It is likely part of the Homeland Security rules, policy, regulations, and faldera! Old burnt out misery doesn't even look. I could drag a bus pass out of my ass pocket, from high school, and she would reluctantlanty still give me a beer. I am afraid to tip her every trip, as she may have a jamber and I'd be carted off.
February 29, 2012 09:34PM
I always thought it because I looked so young, now I'm crushed.
March 01, 2012 06:12AM
The law in Wash. is all servers have to verify the customer is over 21. Some places check ID's of everyone; state liquor stores, 7-11's, airport bars, etc. they do that so certain people don't get mad by being checked so they check everyone.
March 01, 2012 10:44AM
Don't you have anything more important to whine about scott?

I am 55 and look it (or more) and often asked to show ID for beer or cigs (both for my roommate, I neither smoke nor drink) here in NC. It is the clerks job to ask and I gladly do it without complaint. Sorry you are so inconvenienced to actually have to reach into your wallet. It must be a tough life.
March 01, 2012 02:06PM
Scott definitely has a point. Isnt there anything a numbskull could do with their time that would be more beneficial to his or her employment than asking for ID from a 50 or 60 yr old man to purchase anything, anywhere at anytime? Reminds me of sitting on a stump while coon hunting one night in an Alabama swamp with a gentle but tough as nails Alabama Sheriff. As we were listening to the pack of Treeing Walkers, Black and Tans and registered Bluetick hounds and waiting for them to straighten out the chase and tree he injected a his philosophy of life and many years of seasoned law enforcement experience my way. He said there were already too damn many laws along with too damn many small minded characters that enjoyed any form of authority. He said he was going to beat the rap and get outa the rat race before it got unbearable. He also said my generation would be forced to live with alot of ridiculous regulations and arrogant government employees. As the hounds closed in on the hunted and began to open he arose and told me to get the 22 Winchester pump. As he walked away he was still muttering about the damn bureaucrats and sobs in Washington. He had no idea 35 yrs later Id remember his tall wide frame moving into the sahdows as I read Tomzap. The wisdom he passed along is priceless. RIP! Long gone but never forgotten!
March 01, 2012 09:22PM
I have the misfortune of living in one of the most over-regulated provinces/states in NA. Up here, even the cigarette display case can not be shown to the public, yet condoms are out on display like Mars bars. I use none of the above, but the Sheriff hit the nail on the head. While we are bitching, what has security in airports come to? Last trip to Phoenix from Guad, on my way home, I got shit for having my laptop in my carry on, having a small set of keys in one pocket, had 2 squirts of Crest in a 300 ml tube(which was conficated even though it had 2 squirts left in it), mandatory form to fill out to regain pocession of my Crest, and grabbed by the balls twice, AND, I was in f'''''ing wheel chair!
March 02, 2012 05:09AM
Speaking of airport security. We have the peaceful religion to thank for the ever growing state of dispair that the average law abiding citizen must go thru in order to use the services there. So many people are complacent being manipulated like zombies because of the regulations imposed to guarantee security from terrorists. With that lets not forget that mosques have doubled in the U.S. since the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. For a "religion" that preaches hate and death to all infidels its amazing how they want to integrate into our society. Its sickening how the citizenry is permitting such too.
The Sheriff I spoke of repeatedly said he was going to beat the rap and leave this world before it became unbearable. At the time of his lectures I didnt fully understand the points he hammered on a daily basis. However as events unfold I truly believe the gentle giant of a man was something more than a decorated WWII veteran sharing his philosphy and wisdom with a young lad as we tromped the watershed of the Black Warrior, Tombigbee, Cahaba or Alabama. He was a true visionary who longed for the old U.S.A. that he enjoyed as a child to return. He said hundreds of times he truly wished he could pass along a better world for the young people to enjoy. And trust me he did his job as well as any man in his position to make that wish a reality.
The WWII generation are slowly fading away. Known as our greatest generation without a doubt why. Sept 11 2001 could have been the point that brought our great nation together in a way as nothing has since Pearl Harbor. Unfortunately that is not the case. Maybe things will change. If not I can truly understand how my dear freind felt as he lectured me at least twice a week as the hounds trailed and opened. I can only hope to pass along to my children a more secure future than what I see on the horizon. Several years ago a large part of the U.S claimed they wanted a change. Now so do I, so do I! LOL!
March 02, 2012 07:41PM
LT, I know of, exactly of what you speak. The peaceful group you mention are infiltrating every country in the world, to the extent, with existing bith rates of various peoples in many countries, will make them the dominant sector of the population within 15 to 20 years in the likes of England, Holland, Germany, etc. Originally, like Canada, it was mainly because they were a source of cheap labour, but the birth rate is the problem. We, who have lived in our country of birth, run about 2.2 average children per married couple, whatever, whereas the peaceful group run about 4 offspring per couple. It takes 2.4 children to sustain a viable population, so we are on the dirty end of the stick. Therefore, in a democratic election, the peacefuls will need not lift a sword to be our leaders and governors. Your old friend was right, as was my now deceased ex-father-in-law. Twice decorated in WW 2, he worried himself to death, but left his mark, with 8 children. He knew exactly what your Sheriff, knew, and I got the same lectures. Were these 2 old birds visionaries? No, they just paid attention to the obvious, a simple trait the world has lost.
March 03, 2012 01:18PM
Ah yes, the "good old days", when straight white Christian men were first class citizens and the rest were at the "back of the bus."
March 03, 2012 03:42PM
Use a credit card paul?
How many times does the clerk ask to see another piece of id to prove that you are not using a stolen credit card.
No too often I'll bet!
I don't mind showing another piece of id as proof.
It is however idiotic to have to pull out id when you are 60 plus to prove you are over 21!
March 03, 2012 08:17PM
Scott theres no use attempting to shed light upon the masses nowdays. They were largely educated by a systematic process that taught them what to think and not how to think. Hence the sheep herd effect. Anyone who believes that checking a 60 yr old mans ID to be sure they are 21 is so outrageously idiotic! The sad part isnt the stupidity but the fact that those followers are growing in numbers.
Yes the good old days were just that too. Sheep will always be herded. The foolish complacent animal that they are. The bus theory is funny! I still sit there! LOL!
March 07, 2012 03:58PM
March 07, 2012 04:01PM
Only if you sit in the front! LOL!
March 18, 2012 08:12PM
Hey, wife and I are in our 60's, and have twice been carded in O'Hare airport while connecting flights and seeking a light alcohol refreshment. It seems that the Illinois law suits have determined that carding young appearing people is discrimanatory and targeted enforcement, thus discrimination. So the solution is to card everyone. My wife felt 40 years younger, for a few seconds anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |