Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
Hey Zummie
March 31, 2011 12:30PM
Did ya survive the high winds in Tampa!
Re: Hey Zummie
March 31, 2011 04:35PM
It was almost like a mini hurricane. The drains on my boat got clogged with flying leaves and I had to go out in the storm so the boat did not fill up like a pool and get so heavy that it broke the lift cables. Fun time.
March 31, 2011 07:34PM
Glad you and your boat are OK!
March 31, 2011 09:34PM
Sounds like Prince Rupert BC! We have something like 12 records for the worst weather but we still go fishing every day!!! Zummie, if you come up i will arrange for you to go fishing with the Canadian Coast Guard!
March 31, 2011 11:10PM
March 31, 2011 11:23PM
Hey Zoom, You would be well advised to take up Ms. Machin up on her offer, about July, August. If you latched onto a Northern Coho, hang onto your hat. Even a lumpy old 45 lb. Spring(Chinook, King and whatever else Alaska calls them) can be nice when it comes up into the boat. Take advantage, and if you went with the Coast Guard dudes, they would know every nook and cranny, and there is none of this tedious 30 mile ride looking for birds. Fantastic seafood, and I bet she has Canadian beer on tap after a hard day.
April 01, 2011 06:57AM
I used to fish in Northern British Columbia at a lodge called Sunya Lake. Only access was by private plane and there were bald eagles all around taking trout with their talons. I've fished for different species salmon in Northern California and Washington State. Amazing eating as fresh caught salmon was so different (and so much better) than anything you could buy but, I never thought they gave me much of a fight.
April 01, 2011 08:47AM
A Northern Coho will give you the fight of your life. I have had them run with 200 feet of line, just a dancing. AND, done on the BBQ by a native lady in Hakai Pass, likely the best eating fish in the world. Much different than all other species of Salmon. Sockeye is still the King of Taste, but not much of a sports fishery. Our bald eagles are about to hatch. There are 2 websites you may look at, live webcams and watch the eggs and parents. First ones to hatch should be about April 11. The camera is right in the nest. Try Hornby Eagles.com. That's h o r n b y, not h o m b y for the vision impaired.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |