Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn >> Page • Pαgina 2

Mexico issues travel warning against Mexicans travelling to and in Arizona

Posted by • Enviado por susanmachin 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Re: Mexico issues travel warning against Mexicans travelling to and in Arizona
May 02, 2010 04:59PM
[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2010 01:17AM by Rico.
May 02, 2010 05:08PM
don't do it...he's an errant sob who should be sequestered when he comes here...for the public good...at my ranch where we can keep his negativity confined to the disperate comments he's had that day about too many small boobs on the road, etc...not enough fresh cat eateries...

that man is a real poison to the modern civility of this forum...
May 02, 2010 05:48PM
Palafito ask:"Do you need to have your passport in case you are stopped in your native Canada?" and the answer is a big fat NO and neither will any "AMERICAN BORN citizens of Latino decent be required to show their passports while living in their NATIVE land". If any one regardless of skin color is detained by the police for any reason they are always ask to provide a form of ID.....and just about anyone over the age of 16 has a drivers license which is a legal form of ID and proof of citizenship.....unless I am mistaken no state will issue a drivers license to an illegal alien so if they have a drivers license that is all they need to prove citizenship.... period.
So if I or anyone else breaks the law and are stopped by the police it cant be racial profiling to be ask for a form of ID if they ask everyone for the same thing... and they don't ask for your passport they ask for your drivers license or a form of ID which most people carry with them anyway!
From the numbers I have seen 70% of AZ is in favor of this law......what percentage of the population in AZ are Latino?
May 02, 2010 06:00PM
we certainly have a lot of respondents not living here giving their thoughts...

visitors comments are welcome, and are frequently suspect...
May 02, 2010 06:10PM
A drivers license is not proof of citizenship in the US. Anyone can get a license if they can pass the test. A passport or birth certificate is proof of citizenship.
May 02, 2010 06:25PM
In Oregon, one must prove citizenship before they can obtain or renew a drivers license, therefore I would think that a drivers license would prove proof of citizenship. I am not certain if that is the case in Arizona......but that still does not solve or answer the question as to if the new Arizona law is valid or unconstitutional.. I am considering moving to Arizona and am watching this topic closely..
May 02, 2010 06:58PM
i dare say that the mexican population is higher in az. than any other group (legal population ), and they voted the law in so what does someone in another state or country need to put the noses in something that doesnt concern them
May 02, 2010 07:00PM
You are required to be a citizen to get a license in Az. I apologize. I've lived here too long.
May 03, 2010 05:50AM
May 03, 2010 08:44AM
Dare I tell an old joke?
Well, I live dangerously, here goes:
3 fellows, a Mexican, an American and a Canadian, are kicking a can along the beach, a Genie pops out and hollers ' quit kicking my lamp, but since you started I gotta give you three wishes and since you kicked instead of rubbed it's gonna be only one wish each'.
So the Mexican says ' oh Senior, plese give me enough money so I can stay home with my family and we all can have enough to eat and have a good life'.
Poof goes the Genie and says 'it's done'.
Next up is the American and says ' I'm tired of all those foreigners in America, put a wall all around the States, 10 miles high, that'll keep them out'.
Poof goes the Genie, 'it's done'.
Last up is the Canadian, and he looks at the Genie with a thoughtful expression and asks 'how strong is the wall?'
'It's a mile thick, very strong' says Genie.
'Are there any doors in it?' ,
'Nope',
' OK,' says the Canadian, ' Fill it up with water'
May 03, 2010 09:05AM
:-((

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2010 02:30PM by mazatman.
May 03, 2010 10:49AM
Lo siento Rico, while Zummie is a Jon he is not Jon Lovitz. Zummie is shorter and probably a few years older than Jon Lovitz. I would bet that he was the classroom clown when he was growing up though.
May 03, 2010 11:54PM
Sandy L. well said, people from Canada certainly are not "wannabe Americans"
May 04, 2010 01:37AM
LOVE a good joke and LOVE the banter on this chat forum : ) gracias!
May 05, 2010 11:40AM
Actually I have always felt the tea bagger movement is almost identical to the Special Olympics. Both are worthy causes that help the mentally challenged feel better about themselves.
May 05, 2010 03:51PM
Gee Zummie, that explains why Sarah Palin is involved with the tea party LOL
May 14, 2010 01:32PM
Arizona is a republican majority state. My understanding is that Obama intends to address the illegal immigration "problem" (which by the way world borders are man made and any one should have the right to go wherever they please in our world). President Obama has been preoccupied/prioritizing other pending serious issues that he inherited. I don't think I have to spell that out. This is just one more way for the republicans to be disrespectful of the president.
June 02, 2010 09:16PM
Interesting story comparing the AZ law to the present Mexican laws.

This is a link to the story in USA Today

[redtreemelaque.com]

June 03, 2010 04:26AM
But Bill, this has nothing to do with our "Forum for Barra de Navidad and Melaque, including Villa ObregΓ³n, CihuatlΓ‘n"

Jeesh

June 03, 2010 07:54AM
My bad. I thought that those places were in the Republic of Mexico. Interesting that it was determined that this topic was not in the right place after it got to the second page.
June 04, 2010 10:22AM
Were you NOT there for the memo, Bill

The forum is NOT about Mexico anymore, it must pertain solely to "Forum for Barra de Navidad and Melaque, including Villa Obreg
June 05, 2010 07:30AM
A drivers license is not proof citizenship or legal residency in the US. True that illegals are not supposed to get licenses, but in many states they do. Plus, consider that half of the folks here illegally came here with a legal VISA and overstayed when it expired. Those people very well may have valid drivers licenses but do not have the right to remain in the USA.
June 05, 2010 07:43AM
It is also not true that a person needs to be under arrest or have committed another crime for the police to check their ID under the new AZ law. The law says "lawful contact" by the police and that could be for almost any little thing. The reality is this law gives carte blanche to police to stop and check anyone at any time. Ironically, it is a law most law enforcement officials don't want. They know they have better things to do.

There is already a federal program called 287-g that allows local police to partner with the feds to train officers so they can check residency status IF THE PERSON IS ARRESTED FOR ANOTHER CRIME. That is the distinction the AZ law APPEARS not to make (I say APPEARS because it has already been changed and may be again).

No one has the right to be in another country without that country's assent. That is not the issue. The issue is how we deal with the problem in a way that is fair to US citizens and legal residents. Do citizens of AZ now need to carry their passports or birth certificates all the time? It would seem so. Again, a DL is not proof of legal residency and a SS card is easily forged (as are birth certificates). Police are not familiar with most of these documents, so citizens of Hispanic descent may be detained simply because they do not have these documents on them. I know I never carry anything that could prove I am a citizen while I am here. In Mexico, I carry a copy of my first passport page and my VISA. By the way, I have never been stopped and asked to show any ID anywhere in Mexico.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2010 07:48AM by paul falduto.
June 05, 2010 08:22AM
I guess Arizona didn't think that the ruling ,a few years back, that non-US people have NO rights whatsoever was sufficient.The ruling was made in the US because the US charter of rights is based on the US constitution which only covers US people, basically allowing any non-US person to be detained for no reason and his/her only right is to contact their embassy.
June 29, 2010 10:28AM
The Mexican/American border will NEVER be sealed

[www.eyeblast.tv]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |