Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

rodeo

Posted by Jane 
rodeo
January 16, 2014 07:40AM
A few years ago we were fortunate to be visiting Colima at the time of a huge rodeo and enjoyed a parade featuring many horses and riders. Believe this is an annual event, does anyone know when it will occur this year?
Re: rodeo
January 16, 2014 08:35AM
I think it was last weekend. The one that I am aware of is at a Hacienda outside of town.
January 16, 2014 09:36AM

[sparks-mexico.com]

I see dates from the 25th of Jan ... well into Feburary .... if that is the one you were thinking abour

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
January 16, 2014 09:42AM
January 16, 2014 12:41PM
Hello,

It starts on Feb 7th with a night horse parade until the Feb24th. There will be horse parades starting at noon. On our Colima history and tradition tour we have a special balcony that we see the parade on the main avenue.
Over 150 years of tradition! La Petatera

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 12:42PM by Comala Host.
January 31, 2014 09:39PM
We went to this last Feb. and it was fantastic event, over 1000 horses and riders, many with magnificent dancing (the horses) skills. We stayed at the Cebello Best Western downtown (8 of us) and watched from our rooms on the second floor balconies. Between groups of about 50 horses/cowboys there were a big variety of bands, Mexican folk, to rock and roll. The fascinating event is the rodeo like events on the edge of town every day, including horseman events, competitions, and bull fights. The grandstand is a huge circular arena, built every year, seating several thousand, using mostly sticks and rope, including a canvas sunshade for audience. Also lots do fairground type activities including patio restaurants and bars. Very big event and seems to be unique in this part of Mexico.

If you want a really special place to stay, check out the boutique Governors Mansion bed and breakfast nearby, and the historic mandarin trees. Try their special mandarin margaritas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |