Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

More Tenacatita news -Villalobos claims that foreigners that bought lots were "scammed" by Ejido

Posted by N2Futur 
More Tenacatita news -Villalobos claims that foreigners that bought lots were "scammed" by Ejido
August 27, 2010 04:31PM
[www.guadalajarareporter.com]

[www.guadalajarareporter.com]
edited to add second article

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 05:25PM by N2Futur.
Re: More Tenacatita news -Villalobos claims that foreigners that bought lots were "scammed" by Ejido
August 28, 2010 12:01AM
thanks n2futur for your links, they are the most informative.
Re: More Tenacatita news -Villalobos claims that foreigners that bought lots were "scammed" by Ejido
August 29, 2010 11:53AM
Regardless of emotions and "interpretations" it's very much in the realm of "probability" that Villa Lobos is dead on correct as this Caca de Pepe has occurred w/ every ejido except for 2 that I know of - San Patricio and Barra de Navidad - on the Costalegre. The real culprits here , as far foreigners are concerned, are the Real Estate agents that have promoted this area. We have had repeated attempts by agents w/ CB try to push this / these lots at my wife and I since 2005 and as she would always say - the land from Playa de los Locos and Tenacatitas has always been in dispute. Basically the ejido has been taking the stance that they are the final word and have misguided buyers into believing the property was clear and titled - bullsh#$% - always has been - all the way to Chamela. Take guidance from Jaime Martinez's threads. Not only is he one of the most badd ass vatos in town - he's an honest man w/ clear insight to "his" area's plights. Nothing new here - watch out for those "great deals and get in now offers" folks - that stretch of coast is only gonna get more privatized and only the people buried at Playa de los Muertos know who the real owners were ..........call something paradise and you can kiss it goodbye......
August 29, 2010 03:52PM
"And it once again shows the risks of purchasing land on ejidos and former ejidos, the dismally unproductive communal farms created from broken up haciendas after the revolution for the landless campesinos (peasant farmers), which long have been sources of legal conflicts, title disputes and murky governance."

Read more: [www.vancouversun.com]

From a FaceBook post - "long have been a source of legal conflicts" - these ejido titles that are registered in Mexico City have layers of claims and conflicts which is what everyone is observing now.

The story goes that the Governer of Jalisco (in the 50 or 60's I believe) owned all the property in question as well as all the sand past Blue Bay and Playa de los Locos. If that's the case - does anyone actualy believe the Ejido got the property back with constancias? I know the Ejido believes that - and I want to be clear that I am not calling any one a liar - but these Ejidos really believe they own the land and we're talking Zona Federal. Federal trumps Ejido - always , ever........................titles, constancias or whatever - Remember Ixtapa??..........and only the elite can legally (I use that term loosely) purchase and own outright these type of properties.

Old saying amongst ex - Pats in Mexico - Never invest in what you aren't prepared to lose.

Also - in the Mexican Constitution it clearly states that no Foreign Citizen may own land.

So back to the Gov and his sand - story goes his wife liked to swim and sunbathe nude at Los Locos. He put sentries around the property to guard her privacy and anyone who was caught was killed as well as anyone who worked there so they could never talk about what went on. Hence the name , Playa de los Locos ..................
August 29, 2010 06:11PM
Sorry, but the Mexican Constitution does NOT state that "no Foreign Citizen may own land." But there are some prohibited zones. Is that what you mean?

[redtreemelaque.com]

August 29, 2010 09:24PM
K2 casa
Playa los Cocos is not like tenacatita, the states is fighting over the land to be colima state oh jalisco state,, they don't tried to take it away from the owners, they want you to pay the property taxes, is the only thing they fighting about it, so it don't matter who wins, we will just need to pay property taxes to the state who win. is not any fighting about taken are land from us like tenacatita.
P.S.(sorry for my bad spelling I learn English my self)
K2casa don't start this bs about playa los cocos is no comparising., Tenacatita always have problems and no body care about it, even the real estate agents who sale land there to canadian's they knew it about it, but they din't care.
August 29, 2010 11:16PM
Thank you Hispanic - no hay pedo con el ingles amigo - y gracias por confirmar eso de los bienes raices porque mi unico intencion con mis comentarios es a caucionar los visitantes de los desmadres que pasan con esos cabrones - si lees todos mi hilos puedes ver que el denomidador comun son esos largos sin veruguenzas!!!

But I was referring to Playa de los Locos in Tenacatitas (Blue Bay, former Fiesta Americana Hotel) where the same Governer owned that beach

Viva Mexico y deja que Mexico se arregla sus pedos pues.................es mi mero mensaje - los gringos son muy creidos - quieren meter a todo

Yo les conozco bien - soy uno

Bill - yes that was the intent of my message
August 30, 2010 07:20AM
Some recent dishevelment, re: La Manzanilla. Because I don't know how to post a link, you will have to go to The Vancouver Province. Look at the story" Slice of Mexican Paradise becomes eviction nightmare for Surrey resident"/ A good article, Dug up by The Province because old Schkelgruber or whatever his name is, lives close by Vancouver.
August 30, 2010 08:12AM
Lots of papers/agencies picked it up

[www.google.com.mx]

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
August 30, 2010 08:40AM
The beach at "Blue Bay Resort" is known as Playa Los Angeles Locos de Tenacatita.

It was named after Maria de Los Angeles Pelayo by her husband Rudolpho Paz Vizcaino, owner of the land. He had a vision on how he would develop the land and he was put into prison because of his visions of the Tenacatita area. Maria fought his imprisonment and was called loco. That is how the hotel built on that beach got the name Los Angeles Locos de Tenacatita. Now it is called Blue Bay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2010 09:12AM by Don.
August 30, 2010 09:03AM
Funny how many stories are out there. I heard many years ago it was a rich family from Gudalajara that used to fly their private plane in for lack of roads. The locals called them los angeles locos due to there landing on a very short bad runway.
K2casa you sure seem to dislike your targeted clientele? Is it due to the lack there of ?
September 01, 2010 04:58PM
I heard the Chippy version of the Los Angeles locos name years ago as well. It is a beautiful piece of property. I wonder if the public restaurant on that beach - out by the river - that was previously operated by the folks from restaurant Raul in La Manzanilla will re-open now that the other restaurants at Tenacatita beach are closed?
September 01, 2010 08:28PM
My wife as a child use to go to Los Angeles Locos beach with her family on vacations. She met Maria and her husband Rudolpho Paz Viscaino. They kept the beach spotless. They made sure all rocks were removed from the beach. They had a restaurant there and some first class cabanas, which were often used by movie stars, etc. He even had a landing strip built, so the rich could fly in with their private planes.

I heard the other version also. I heard a group from Los Angeles were involved in the building of the hotel Los Angeles Locos de Tenacatita. They flew in very often to check on the construction and therefore the name Los Angeles Locos. But, the beach was named Los Angeles de Tenacatita long before any hotel was built. The name Locos was added after the hotel was built.
September 02, 2010 11:01AM
Chippy - way behind the curve - come on catch up, and I stick to my version ..........local lore and such.
September 03, 2010 09:09PM
Nan, we enjoyed this beautiful beach back in March 2008 with my husband's family from Guadalajara. I think this is the palapa restaurant you were writing about. It was called Restaurante La Vena. If this is the one, did it close later on? We didn't get back to it this year but would like to in the future.

September 05, 2010 09:49AM
That is the one and the family that run Restaurant Raul in La Manzanilla did close it a couple of years ago but I am not sure if someone else took it over or not. I am hoping someone will open it this season because if they do it will be a nice place to take my customers on the excursions after snorkeling over the reef at playa mora...there is good snorkeling just out from la vena too.
September 18, 2010 03:31PM
Check the website below for the history of Tenacatita and some of its past problems. Title of article is "El Amarrillo" or "The Yellow".

[www.nexos.com.mx]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2010 07:19PM by Don.
September 19, 2010 07:38AM
Nan, The restaurant was open last winter. Very nice location
September 19, 2010 08:27AM
Don, thanks for the post. I enjoyed the history lesson!

Linda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |