Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

Photos of tena taken aug 9th

Posted by posari 
Photos of tena taken aug 9th
August 14, 2010 01:17PM
what's left of tenacatita...
Attachments:
open | download - tena1.jpg (50.2 KB)
open | download - tena2.jpg (41.6 KB)
open | download - tena3.jpg (65.3 KB)
open | download - tena4.jpg (55.9 KB)
open | download - tena5.jpg (58.9 KB)
Re: Photos of tena taken aug 9th
August 14, 2010 06:03PM
more tena pics
Attachments:
open | download - tena6.jpg (29.5 KB)
open | download - tena7.jpg (62.8 KB)
open | download - tena8.jpg (51.2 KB)
open | download - tena9.jpg (53.2 KB)
open | download - tena10.jpg (70.8 KB)
August 14, 2010 06:49PM
This does not look burned and destroyed. It looks like they have fallen out of use and fallen down. Is this where the restaurants are??
August 14, 2010 08:07PM
no this is on the middle/ east side of the beach...im attaching alot more pictures of the whole beach. its just taking some time cause i can only seem to attach 5 at a time and then it takes a while before they are posted.
Attachments:
open | download - tena11.jpg (77.9 KB)
open | download - tena12.jpg (77.2 KB)
open | download - tena13.jpg (58.2 KB)
open | download - tena14.jpg (51.2 KB)
open | download - tena15.jpg (105.4 KB)
August 14, 2010 08:08PM
last two images....
Attachments:
open | download - tena16.jpg (63.3 KB)
open | download - tena17.jpg (25.2 KB)
August 14, 2010 09:35PM
Does anyone know who this guy is? These are very strange pictures of places that have always been falling down -- every year for years. Who would someone be who could get in and then fail to take pictures of the restaurant area or any of the houses. I don't get this post...
August 14, 2010 10:13PM
[www.facebook.com] Go to their PHOTO page - Looks like the restaurants are still standing, just no tables/chairs.

[admiralfox.blogspot.com] info on lots affected and road block fence photo....
August 15, 2010 09:28AM
Tena looks fine to me. Missing are tables, chairs, people and pangas on the beach. Hopefully whatever the stink is, will get resolved and put to rest. Thanks for the photos.
August 15, 2010 12:18PM
this "guy" is a girl, and im a melaque local. the photos were posted on a facebook page that belongs to some people i know. and thankyou N2Future for adding the link. and as for carol and puppy...why are you so paranoid?? people were asking for photos and these people got them from driving into to the bay on a boat...we are young and have many sneeky ways of getting pictures without getting planes and helicopters involved. its also alot easier when you dont look like a tourist. so i hope i have cleared up your confusion carol and puppy.
Now those photos where taken aug 9th so i dont know what has happend since then.
August 16, 2010 02:48PM
Apologies for assuming your were a guy. Dobie posted another picture on the La Manz site. Heard there was now the equivalent of a restraining order in place, so maybe nothing else will get the dozer.
August 16, 2010 03:11PM
it's good to hear things may be getting better there!! i know the locals are fighting to make things right again. its hard when our government acts the way it does. here's an example of our fine, polite, sober, governor of jalisco.HA!!!!!!!!!

[www.youtube.com]
August 16, 2010 03:22PM
FYI - they are bulldozing buildings.... [translate.google.com]
August 16, 2010 07:00PM
The photo shows a bulldozer on a beach but the article doesn't mention buildings being bulldozed or destroyed in Tenecatita.
August 16, 2010 08:19PM
Mike B. - I think you should invest in a new pair of spectacles - THAT is a bulldozer blade on top of a roof! And palapa remnants behind the bulldozer. And yes, the article doesn't say anything about bulldozing places in Tenacatita - but a picture is worth a 1000 words.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 10:19PM by N2Futur.
August 16, 2010 08:42PM
What a shame. i had some hope that the people of tenacatita would be able to get back to their normail lives. im so discusted with the way things have turned out. my family and i were at a taco stand the other day and a woman who owns a restaurant in tena was talking about the situation and how she felt about it. she wasn't able to fight back the tears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 09:26PM by posari.
August 16, 2010 09:53PM
posari - our thoughts are with the people of Tenacatita! As foreigners we are prohibited with getting involved in Mexican politics, otherwise - we'd be there protesting the injustice!

FYI to all - the machinery in the photos above is not a BULLDOZER, it is a BACKHOE - but it accomplishes the same task - DESTRUCTION... (thanks "......." for the PM correction and for not slamming me.)
August 16, 2010 10:30PM
Look at the 1st picture with the backhoe, in N2's above post, where you see water, beach and then the hill behind. Reference the pink house and the white house in that picture and then reference my posted pic from Tomzaps aerial shots of Tena beach this past Feb......it certainly appears that several beach structures are missing. Hopefully not more to follow.
Attachments:
open | download - Tenacatita.jpg (244.7 KB)
August 16, 2010 10:54PM
This just makes me want to cry...its such a damn shame. My heart goes out to those who have/had homes in Tena. For the most part the gringos will recover from the loss as for many it was a second home but for the people who invested their lives, who built small business's and raised their families, who made that home i can't imagine the pain they feel and the loss and disbelief that this can happen. I wish the non Mexicans could do more to help but the threat of being deported and never again being able to see Mexico is for most not something they can do. For everyone who is affected its bad sad news. Like Nan said though, if the planned sale of multiple lots had been accomplished the place wouldn't have been much of a paradise anymore either. Mexico needs to leave some magical places like this as they are and not over populate every single inch of beach.
August 17, 2010 12:29AM
ditto - susanmachin - Tenacatita - PRIVATE RESORT/GOLF CLUB-we will NEVER go there - and neither are ANY of our friends....and friends of friends, etc.... visitors that we normally bring there to enjoy the ambiance of a swimable beach, great snorkeling, great food and just having a wonderful time...

Elke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 12:43AM by N2Futur.
August 17, 2010 04:12AM
Elke,

My specs are just fine, but thanks for your gratuitous suggestion anyway.

The article would have been better served, and the photo would have had more validity, had either it or the article indicated when and where it was taken. As posted, the destruction suggested by the photo and the lack of any mention of such destruction in the article make the whole thing somewhat disingenuous.

Much like some of the photos of dilapidated structures that were posted earlier in the thread, someone without your first hand experience and superior knowledge of the area might not know how recent the photos are or even where, specifically, they were taken.

"but a picture is worth a 1000 words....." Think Photoshop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 04:19AM by Mike B..
August 17, 2010 06:52AM
Really disturbing: Notice the State Police truck in front of the backhoe. Must take an incredible amount of money for Sr. Villalobos
to hire his own militia.
August 17, 2010 07:40AM
Scott, Mr. Villalobos needed them exactly when there were no problems to be dealt with by the police here in Jalisco. So it was easy to take them from pointless jobs and put them to work where they were desperately needed.

[redtreemelaque.com]

August 17, 2010 12:18PM
Hey Mike...

why don't you stop criticizing everybody who is trying to get some information out there on a very important subject. maybe its because you don't have anything else to do. i personally have lots of things to do and so do my friends who are trying to figure out how the hell they are going to get back this beautiful beach. we don't have time to photo-shop some images of tenacatita. are youn kidding me? why don't you stop nit picking at everybody and maybe suggest some solutions to the issue at hand.
August 17, 2010 01:30PM
posari,

Mike B is thousands of miles away from here minding your business...you probably don't have to pay any attention to his criticizing...
August 17, 2010 05:35PM
Thanks dry house. I'm not used to the way things work here on tomzap and i get that there is a lot of sarcasm and harsh joking around, but when it come to a topic that is so sensitive and people I know are actually going through some horrible things, i just get pissed off.
August 17, 2010 06:42PM
yes, but no need absorbing more injury from the peanut gallery that shouts from afar...
August 17, 2010 07:06PM
Posari,

I didn't criticize anything or anybody. I merely pointed out that the print news story didn't explain the idea that the photo was obviously meant to convey. Your reaction to my observation was unexpected and inappropriate. I see that you are under a great deal of pressure but I'm not the enemy.

The situation in Tenecatita is an unbelievably serious one and if there was anything I could do to help I would. To assume anything other just because I make a comment about a newspaper article, or to get "pissed off" about it, doesn't seem to me to be too constructive.

"i personally have lots of things to do . . " Please do them, and good luck. I wish you and every person in Tenecatita who is suffering because of the current miscarriage of justice the right to soon return home. I'm not impeding you in any way.

You don't know me or anything about me. Why don't you take a look at my profile and at my posting history before you brand me a 'nit-picker'?

Dry House, I guess I'm your target for a while now, huh? I sure hope our mutual friend introduces us when I get back in a couple of months. I'd like to get a chance to know you off of the forum.
August 17, 2010 07:15PM
Posari....can I assume some fishing/diving was done that day?

We would love to see some pics of the daily catch by Hombre de Mar and Tule sometime.

Hope all is well with you and the crew.
August 17, 2010 07:26PM
"Dry House, I guess I'm your target for a while now, huh? "

ah heck, i don't even know you...why would you be so special?...there are lots of fools out there...
August 17, 2010 08:33PM
We have profiles? I can read more about the forum members? Please, where is this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |