Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

Tena news...

Posted by Dry House 
Tena news...
August 10, 2010 09:02PM
time for a new thread...

from [blog.thepeoplesguidetomexico.com]

Tenacatita Owners: Read This!
August 10, 2010 | 1 Comment

I’m Sean Godfrey, one of the publishers of the Guadalajara Reporter.

I was in Tenacatita with Jane Gorby, our La Manzanilla correspondent Sunday and talked to various people including realtors and Notario Lomali on Monday. I did manage to go with the German woman Irene to her house but they aren’t letting her in anymore as there is nothing left in her home now.

My partner, the editor Michael Forbes and I have a meeting tonight, Tuesday, August 10 in our offices at 5 p.m.with the lawyer for Villalobos, the guy who claims the land and obviously used his political and financial muscle to orchestrate this land grab.

What I need are some copies of land titles and fidiocomiso papers to show this lawyer and so we can put a stop to the bulldozing of homes of foriegners. Please scan and send me as much documentation of your home or lot as you can and tell me who you are, how to get in touch with you by phone, how and when you bought your land, through what realtor, with what notary or if you used a presta nombre (Mexican citizen) to buy the ejido land, does he have a title to the land–and if so send me a copy of that. We are working to put a stop to the madness, but need your help.

Sean Godfrey Publisher the Guadalajara Reporter Tels. 011(52)+ 333-615-2177, 333-615-0606 fax: 333-616-9432 reporter@prodigy.net.mx www.guadalajarareporter.com

looks like sean never made a sea assault for photos..., but, his request is important
Re: Tena news...
August 11, 2010 06:29AM
(and this just in...)

Since my posts now take 48 hours,please post this from "a moderated poster" or even Buzz if you wish........

re: 'What I need are some copies of land titles and fidiocomiso papers to show this lawyer and so we can put a stop to the bulldozing of homes of foriegners. Please scan and send me as much documentation of your home or lot as you can and tell me who you are, how to get in touch with you by phone, how and when you bought your land, through what realtor, with what notary"

The nortary should have the copies and it should be filed in Autlan. They should at least remember the bank they used who will also have copies.

Buzz
August 11, 2010 09:48AM
Why has no one considered the possibility that the developer is right and he was merely evicting a bunch of squatters on his land ??
August 11, 2010 09:56AM
that may be part of the final disposition, but the reactions and the stories are all over the place with very little confirmable at this point...plus, as of yesterday, access to the srea was still blocked.
August 11, 2010 10:06AM
Chubasco1954 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why has no one considered the possibility that the
> developer is right and he was merely evicting a
> bunch of squatters on his land ??

It may be correct that he has rights to a portion of the area but why are they closing the whole area and putting fences thru the mangroves.
The police showed up either with no instructions or orders to take everything and let the chips fall where they may in a few weeks. The methods they used may work against them in the long run

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
August 11, 2010 10:24AM

sparks Wrote:

>
> It may be correct that he has rights to a portion
> of the area but why are they closing the whole
> area and putting fences thru the mangroves.
> The police showed up either with no instructions
> or orders to take everything and let the chips
> fall where they may in a few weeks. The methods
> they used may work against them in the long run

Seems like the developer DID try a lot of other methods for a lot of years. He may have not had any other options.
August 11, 2010 01:38PM
You are talking about "Squatting" in Mexican law,Eh.

"Since Mexican laws establish that an individual may take legal possession of a property after five years of peaceful occupation, many paracaidistas establish themselves with the hope that the legal owner will not discover them and expel them before five years."

WIKI, Squatting Mexico.

[en.wikipedia.org]
August 13, 2010 04:13AM
re "My partner, the editor Michael Forbes and I have a meeting tonight, Tuesday, August 10 in our offices at 5 p.m.with the lawyer for Villalobos, the guy who claims the land and obviously used his political and financial muscle to orchestrate this land grab."

And, the results are?

Re: Tena news... with photos
August 14, 2010 12:27PM
I have a new blog up about Tenacatita with some photos --- including the road closure and the beach palapas (link to photos at the bottom of the blog).

Sylvia

[admiralfox.blogspot.com]
Re: Tena news... with photos
August 14, 2010 12:29PM
that's a serious fence, alright! Has anyone at all been allowed access to Tenacatita beach?
August 16, 2010 10:51AM
I just found this website with some pictures from the ocean OMG is all I have to say about this.

Message Board
August 16, 2010 11:16AM
Yikes!!!

After looking at the map for titled properties as presented on that blog above I am wondering in the long run what is the difference? How to choose between a subdivision of teeny tiny little lots chock full of vacation homes covering every square meter and cluttering everything up or the planned resort. What a shame that it all could not have just been left as it was by both the real estate 'development' bunch from this area and the resort developer.
August 16, 2010 11:47AM
By the looks of that fence and shelter for the cops, somebody means business. My wife just looked at the plan, and asked, who in the hell do they think they are going to sell ANYTHING to? She raises an interesting point. Is this another case of Mexicans shooting themselves in the foot?
Oh well, I guess Hawaii will be my next snorkeling, beer drinking, and eating hangout.
Note: For we Northwesters and SW B.C.ers, Alaska Air and Alegiant Air will have very very reasonable flights out of Bellingham, WA. in the early fall that will whisk us off to any Hawaiian Island.
August 16, 2010 11:51AM
They can't own the Ocean, so that means we can still go snorkeling there with you Nan... I hope
August 17, 2010 01:33PM
The "plan" from that blog above [www.flickr.com] isn't what the resort developers have in store for Tenacatita. That is apparently the "plan" that was in place before the resort developer got involved.

See what I mean when I say what difference does it make?

I had no idea that Tenacatita had such an over development "plan" in store for it even before this all happened with the resort developer. Either way it goes I think it will be a real shame to over develop the area in accordance with either of the so called "plans".

You are correct Handyman...neither of the "planners" can own the ocean. We are however not currently running snorkel tours from the boat to Playa La Mora though we do plan to once again once it is for sure safe to do so.
Rodenas Concession - does not exist?????
August 17, 2010 02:10PM
copied from the La Manzanilla board:

"Here is a link to the SEMARNAT page, the Rodenas link is at the top

[www.semarnat.gob.mx]"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |