Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Puerto Angel >> Topic
Coffee Run
September 01, 2015 04:29PM
Our coffee guy from Xanika hadn't been by in a while, and we were fresh out of beans. Bought the cafe molida from Siete Regiones; from Yaniz; from Don Pedro; then back to Siete Regiones for a bag of beens marked "medio", but I've had less burnt French Roast. So if the mountain won't come to Mohamed, Mo must go up the mountain! Pluma Hidalgo just doesn't cut it for the Xanika aflicted, so we took the four hour (each way) drive up the mountain from Santa Maria Huatulco to Xanika. The dirt road was a task, but the views are fantastic! Finding an 18th Century church was a surprise, and the coffee alone is worth the trip.
Attachments:
open | download - DSCN1639.JPG (334.4 KB)
open | download - DSCN1640.JPG (271 KB)
open | download - DSCN1647.JPG (238.6 KB)
open | download - DSCN1651.JPG (297.7 KB)
open | download - DSCN1641.JPG (274.9 KB)
Re: Coffee Run
October 25, 2015 04:48PM
Thanks for the fotos! I love that place! We can see it's lights at night from our house in Estacahuite, and always try to imagine what they're doing way up there!
April 15, 2016 10:45AM
Very cool pics. I just moved here 2 weeks ago....where can I try some of this fine coffee you speak of? And good coffee shops around in the Puerto Angel/Zipo/Mazunte area?
April 23, 2016 12:16PM
This is the coffee served at Lunchaia Tio Chilo. We are expecting a new shipment today or tomorrowñ awaiting a call from Dona Imelda to meet up. We serve the normal dark roast, but will be getting a couple of kgs of lighter roast this time around as well. Tom and Nancy have expressed a defini. te preference for the lighter roast, so we{ll try to keep some of each around.Tio Chilo. Ribs and pulled pork this Sunday!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |