Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Puerto Angel >> Topic

Angel 'Que

Posted by johnzap 
Angel 'Que
May 24, 2015 09:27AM
That delicious oder of burning wood and meat juices you smell on entering Puerto Angel is coming from the Kingsford smoker sitting on the sidewalk in front of Tio Chilo's. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, you'll find smoked chicken (that's "ahumado", NOT al carbone nor rotisado). Sunday will feature Texas-style pulled pork. As demand and customer flow allow, brisket will be added. The sauce is a modified version of Aaron Franklin's basic recipe. The butt roast should be coming off, say, five-ish?
Re: Angel 'Que
May 28, 2015 01:50PM
Where, mas or menos, is Tio Chilo's? What time this Sunday will you be serving pulled pork?
May 28, 2015 05:08PM
John. looks like you are a one man band in Puerto Angel.
May 30, 2015 08:53AM
As you come into Puerto Angel, Tio Chilo's is on your left, at the last intersection before Hiway 175 makes a 90 degree turn to the right to track through town and on to Zipolite. The pulled pork should be coming off the pit between five and six. Thanks for asking.

Oh, this is Frijole Contador. You'll be coming from Mazunte. After passing through most of Pto Angel, you'll be making a 90 degree LEFT right in front of the muelle/basketball court. You'll pass the Agencia Municipal on your right. Tio Chilo's is just past the Agua Potable plant at the first intersection.
June 03, 2015 02:00PM
Just picked up the most gorgeous 4kg slab of meaty pork ribs from Carne Popalapan in Huatulco; I'll toss 'em on the smoker about noon Saturday; wrap 'em between 1:30 and 2:00; should pull 'em off by 6:00. Anybody want dibs on some? There'll be plenty of chickens available, too...
June 11, 2015 08:01PM
OMG, sounds delicious!! How could we have passed that by, and not stopped!!!
June 12, 2015 07:48PM
Because we haven't been advertising yet? This weekend, we are taking a little break as the very wet conditions are making it hard to keep the wood burning - and the pitmaster has a touch of "la grippa" from chopping wood in the rain. We'll re-vamp ads and be at it again next week!
June 13, 2015 07:44PM
Keep me posted as to when you 'que. I'll let the guests who rent our house know to check it out.
June 19, 2015 08:56AM
Today, Friday, there will be chickens coming off the smoker about 5:00, along with chistorro (sausage). SaturdaY will find chickens and pork ribs. Sunday, the piece de risistance, pulled pork as well as more chickens. Both sweet and hot sauces are available. You can buy a plate; all or part of a bird; and tortas. Tortas will also be available during the week. Look forward to seeing you.
June 19, 2015 05:49PM
Mmmm!! What time will the pulled pork be ready on Sunday?
June 21, 2015 08:18PM
I've GOTTA stop leaving this 'puter upstairs when I cook! I am sorry I didn't see this in time to report, but if you're coming through town this week, I've got pulled pork held back for tortas. There's fresh ribs for another hour or so...
July 17, 2015 09:12AM
Pork ribs are in the smoke; chicken follows soon; sausage in a few hours. Ribs should be coming off between 3 and 4.
July 24, 2015 07:25PM
Business reasons force a morning trip to Santa Maria Saturday; ribs won't be coming off till after 6. Smoked Boston Butt is still scheduled for four-ish, Sunday.
May 03, 2016 09:46AM
What happened to the que? Almost 10 months?
May 04, 2016 01:56PM
This isn't facebook, you want BBQ, go there and ask. Don't sit and wait for a status update.

PecosPeet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happened to the que? Almost 10 months?
May 05, 2016 09:29AM
Thanks for the good advice.
May 06, 2016 06:36PM
Frijole Contador asked what time will the pulled pork be ready Sundat, just curiouis why you did not tell them that this is not facebook, to go and find out? Why single me out?
May 07, 2016 04:28AM
Because you are a troll.
May 08, 2016 09:40AM
He was asking because he intended to visit. You are not even in Mexico, so why resurrect a dead thread, except to post in a forum that you can get in without being moderated.

So, shall I lock down this forum, or delete your userid - again?

PecosPeet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Frijole Contador asked what time will the pulled
> pork be ready Sundat, just curiouis why you did
> not tell them that this is not facebook, to go and
> find out? Why single me out?
May 08, 2016 11:19AM
For your information, I will be down in the area in the next 10 days, wanted to know if the que was open and if so when.
June 05, 2016 02:06PM
Peet, I'm in tthe midst of relocating the pit since customers have been nonexistent. I'll let you know when it's ready, and will do a 15 hour brisket smoke to celebrate.
July 27, 2016 06:07AM
Hello John, is your location now open?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |