Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Test Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

FM 3

Posted by • Enviado por Brenda 
FM 3
December 14, 2009 10:25PM
I am looking for information on FM 3. I understand I can start my FM 3 at a consulate outside of Mexico before I actually go to Mexico. Has anyone done this? What are the requirements? What is the procedure when I enter Mexico with my new FM3, do I need to go to Manzanillo consulate the first year? What about the following years? Is a payment required every year? I am just trying to get this going, and would appreciate any advice I can get. I have attempted to get this started the past two years in Melaque, but was always missing a document. This year, I thought I could start in Vancouver... and then carry on from there. Is there a required amount of time I have to stay in Mexico (not that I don't want to...but work doesn't allow it) if I start my FM 3 in Vancouver. I know last year, I was approved for everything...but had to stay for 3 months. At this time...3 months is not an option. I would defininetly appreciate info from those who have succeeded with this procedure.
PS for those lucky ones....it's snowing like crazy on Vancouver Island tonight....
Thanks
Brenda
Re: FM 3
December 15, 2009 06:50AM
If you can't stay more then six months why bother with an FM3?
December 15, 2009 08:37AM
Yes you have to visit immigration withing 30 days of arriving in Mexico to register your FM3 and will need all the paperwork you provided up north and whatever the local office wants. You also need to notify immigration of address changes.

Like Howard said ... doesn't sound like you are ready for an FM3

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
December 15, 2009 09:20AM
Thanks for your reply, but yes I do want to start my fm 3 now. We have purchased property in Melaque, and have it with a presto nombre, a friend of our in Canada. I would like to eventually get my citizenship in Mexico and have the property in my own name. Thought I could get started before I actually retire....just trying to plan ahead.
December 15, 2009 10:42AM
I don't see how getting an FM3 will help you. It does not lead to citizenship (you need an FM2 for that) and it does no count towards time for an FM2. With respect, I like your pre-planning but think you are wasting your money.
December 15, 2009 03:14PM
>>>> and have it with a presto nombre, a friend of our in Canada

I sure hope that friend is Mexican

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |