Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión

Hurricane Sandy's Dire Forecast

Posted by • Enviado por Farkem 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Hurricane Sandy's Dire Forecast
October 29, 2012 05:57AM
If you have family on the East Coast of the U.S. or Canada, you should be aware:

[www.weather.com]

A synopsis:

- A meteorologically mind-boggling combination of ingredients is coming together: one of the largest expanses of tropical storm (gale) force winds on record with a tropical or subtropical cyclone in the Atlantic or for that matter anywhere else in the world; a track of the center making a sharp left turn in direction of movement toward New Jersey in a way that is unprecedented in the historical database, as it gets blocked from moving out to sea by a pattern that includes an exceptionally strong ridge of high pressure aloft near Greenland; a "warm-core" tropical cyclone embedded within a larger, nor'easter-like circulation; and moisture from the tropics and cold air from the Arctic combining to produce very heavy snow in interior high elevations. This is an extraordinary situation, and I am not prone to hyperbole. (Weather.com)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 06:24AM by Farkem.
Re: Hurricane Sandy's Dire Forecast
October 29, 2012 07:12AM
As a certain VPOTUS would say..."This is a big @#$%& deal!"....

[www.wunderground.com]

Sucio
October 29, 2012 07:50AM
the worst winds will be in sspni. i hope the house survives. the young ward has gone to be with his mom in rumson. she said this morning's high tide came to the bottom of her front steps. next one is nine tonight.
October 29, 2012 08:23AM
Can anyone explain what this storm has to do with Pto or Mexico for that matter? LOL!
October 29, 2012 08:37AM
October 29, 2012 09:27AM
Hey, NJscott, give us an on-scene report!
October 29, 2012 10:01AM
Real nasty here in Jersey. I'm 12 miles from Atlantic City, in Linwood. Been here 50 years and the first high tide was 2 feet higher than I can remember. Winds are starting to kick up now.It's 12;00 noon. Power still on ,but not for long. The shore communities will be devastated along the entire coast, from Cape May on up. It's not happening quickly, so it's a very stressful endurance run ,.wish I was in Puerto drinking a michelada on Playa Principal
October 29, 2012 04:06PM
Holy Jeebus on a slice of French Toast....this didn't take long....[defendproclaimthefaith.org].....

Sucio
October 30, 2012 08:18PM
Its funny how this guy can get so much free publicity for the biggest farse known to man. Just a month ago high altitude caused Oblamas stumbling and bumbling through the first debate. Now Hurricane Sandy is caused by "global warming"! Whats next? A terrible winter? LOL!

[www.washingtontimes.com]
November 02, 2012 12:52PM
In times of serious natural disasters or terrorist related incidents one would think both the Govt and the Unions would suspend unnecesssary rules and regulations. Our Nation is so divided that even the picture of President Obama and Gov Christie was politicized by the media and some citizens as though they should both be against working together due to politics at this difficult time. Only a damn fool could think like that. LOL!

[www.foxbusiness.com]
November 05, 2012 02:11PM
November 09, 2012 10:13AM
Regarding LT's "that even the picture of President Obama and Gov Christie was politicized by the media and some citizens as though they should both be against working together due to politics at this difficult time. Only a damn fool could think like that. "

Bill O'Reilly Rants About Chris Christie Helping Obama Win The Election

Limbaugh Slams Chris Christie As Obama’s ‘Greek Column,’ In Thralls Of ‘Man-Love’ For President

Laura Ingraham: ‘It would not surprise me if Chris Christie at some point became a Democrat’

Dick Morris, "I did not take full account of the impact of hurricane Sandy and of Governor Chris Christie’s bipartisan march through New Jersey arm in arm with President Obama. Not to mention Christe’s fawning promotion of Obama’s presidential leadership."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |