Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

10 Poorest Cities in America- how did it happen?

Posted by • Enviado por Lamar 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
10 Poorest Cities in America- how did it happen?
September 27, 2012 11:11AM
City & State: % People below Poverty Level

1. Detroit Mich 32.5%
2. Buffalo, N.Y. 29.9%
3. Cinci, Ohio 27.8%
4. Cleveland, Ohio 27.0%
5. Miami, Fla. 26.9%
6. St. Louis, Mo. 26.8%
7. El Paso Tx. 26.4%
8. Milwaukee, Wi. 26.2%
9. Phila, Pa. 25.1%
10. Newark, N.J. 24.2%

What do these top ten US Cities with the highest poverty rate with 250,000# min. people, have in common?

They all have not elected a Republican Mayor since the following years.

1. since 1961
2. since 1954
3. since 1984
4. since 1989
5. never had a Republican Mayor
6. since 1949
7, never had a Republican Mayor
8. since 1908
9. since 1952
10. since 1907

Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results"

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats, yet remain POOR.

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich"
"You cannot strengthen the weak, by weakening the strong"
"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift"
"You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down"
"You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred"
"You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initative and independence"
"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves"

All these above quotes are from what I think was a pretty wise man, Abraham Lincoln
Re: 10 Poorest Cities in America- how did it happen?
September 27, 2012 11:44AM
Truer words were never spoken! LOL!
September 27, 2012 11:46AM
There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Not only is your chart too simplistic to explain urban poverty, it is irrelevant. Just because two things happen concurrently does mean there is a causal relationship between them. This looks like one of those emails your crazy aunt Agnes sends around without even fact-checking. Did you ever think that if these cities HAD elected Republican mayors they might be even poorer? Best for you to stick with your whining about poor George Zimmerman.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2012 11:52AM by paul falduto.
September 27, 2012 11:57AM
I just googled those supposed quotes from Lincoln. According to the book "They Never Said it: A Book of Fake Quotes, Misquotes, & Misleading Attributions" these quotes are not from Lincoln.

Which means that the original post was from what I think is a pretty dumb man, Lamar. Best to stick with thinking up even more fake user names for yourself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2012 12:00PM by paul falduto.
September 27, 2012 12:47PM
Theres definitely a corelation of Democrats and poverty! Anyone knows that. Just look at the Democrat POTUS. Hes doubled the welfare and food stamp leeches in less than 4 yrs. Another 4 yrs of this joke and he will have Congressmen signing up on welfare! Hahaha LOL!
September 27, 2012 03:08PM
Paul I did not know you had ever met Aunt Agnes, she is funny. As for you, I do not see why you have to call someone dumb, or even attack things you don't agree with. If you thought it was dumb or irrelevant, could'nt you have just read it and then kept your opinion to yourself? While it may not be up there with your superior inteligence, and if I do use a different name than my own, why should that bother you? I am certain most of the regulars go by names which are not their real ones, and I don't see you telling them they are using fake names, is that just because you happen to agree with their take on things?
September 27, 2012 05:07PM
yes Lamar, it is true most of the regulars use a user name which is not their own, but they use the same one. You have at least three. I don't blame you, if I said as many dumb things here as you do, I wouldn't want others to think that all that stupidity was coming from the same fella. Tell Aunt Agnes I said hello and also let her know that is best to check the veracity of emails before you reprint them and look stupid when they turn out to be wrong.
September 27, 2012 07:27PM
The point is moot ... Obama is a shoe in for the next 4 thanks to Mittney, his running partner and the most dysfunctional REPB's ever

Take up your conversation in 2016 when they may mean something

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
September 28, 2012 06:41AM
Paul, what I did not tell you was that Aunt Agnes, was really Uncle Arnold, who liked to dress up as a woman and parade around as if he/she were. But he/she had a good heart and never called anyone stupid.
September 28, 2012 09:26AM
i'll make a deal with you, Lamar. Stop posting the stupid internet urban legends that Aunt Agnes emails you without verifying whether they are true or not and I'll stop calling you stupid. I recommend you check out snopes.com
September 28, 2012 10:36AM
Why would I make a deal with you? Who are you, no one that I would want to deal with. I will give your recommendation consideration.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |