Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
American hockey
May 02, 2012 10:46AM
Does anyone know where in Melaque or Barra I can watch a Canadian hockey team play a Lord Stanley Cup game ? Trick question !!!LOL...Only American teams. ..and by American teams I mean U.S.A., are left in 2012 Stanley Cup. Nothing says hockey like Nashville vs Phoenix, Two of the great hockey powers and both with such great history.LOL.... Seriously, EH, how are you Canadians handling the rest of these playoffs? National pride and all. I'm sure it must be a little hard to take. You are in my thoughts and prays...LOL LOL
Re: American hockey
May 02, 2012 10:56AM
You cannot watch a Candain team play for the Stanley Cup now is the answer to your simple question. The reason you know too.
May 02, 2012 11:30AM
Witchita, Thank you so much for your answer to my simple question. I understand now. Gracious
May 02, 2012 12:39PM
I can handle it. Over half of the players in the NHL are Canadian anyway.
May 02, 2012 01:00PM
Most of the players in each American teams left are Canadians. But yes it is a little hard to take. Garry Bettman should be very happy about this situation.
May 02, 2012 01:23PM
What is Canadian pride?

Am I proud that the military of my country isn't being truthfull with the leaders of my country who aren't being truthful with the electors of my country? Not me!

Am I proud that the working stiff gets the axe all the time while most CEO's and other Head Lewies of Crown corporations and other government services and lazy exec's of money loosing companies that were bailed out with my tax money are still get big bonuses for non-performance? Not at all!

Check out the pay of a Cabinet Minister's chaffeur and the $600.000.00 (bigger) dollars in overtime they got last year. "This ship is sinking!"

Am I proud that the Minister of Defense can take Zummie cod fishing in a high tech military search and rescue helicopter under the ruse of a training excercise? Sure, why not? We paid for the chopper's gas when we bought it so what to hell!
May 02, 2012 02:18PM
Look at it this way........

no riots this year!
May 02, 2012 03:33PM
No more interest for this year.
May 02, 2012 04:47PM
May 03, 2012 02:18PM
"Canadian pride" is a slogan just like "America the beautiful" or all those other catchy phrases written by marketers. They're based in truth but ignore a lot of unpleasant details. I guess it's the 'glass half full' optimistic approach.
Signed, Tacoloco from 'beautiful B.C.'
May 03, 2012 06:57PM
edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 11:21AM by Pedro.
May 03, 2012 07:44PM
Pedro you are dead wrong. Canada whacked the shit out of Russia long before the US won one game. The styles of hockeyty are very different and once Henderson(I think) scored that winning goal in world cup, Canada has never looked back and the Canadian sport started integrating eastern europeans shortly thereafter with the net result being a better professional game in both world regions and a whole culture of people who don't play to fight and fight to play like our famous Canadian home-boy goons who have to go out and get penalties to protect the best players who are usually too busy with their skill and leading their teams to fight.

The old, "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" story!
May 03, 2012 08:21PM
Yes, but who won the gold medal???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |