Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

TSA Agents Barbaric Treatment of Children!

Posted by • Enviado por L.T. 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
TSA Agents Barbaric Treatment of Children!
April 26, 2012 10:04AM
Just a couple examples of how overzealous federal agents harrass law abiding citizens AND WORSE! Family Misses Flight After TSA Gives Pat-Down To Girl With Cerebral Palsy
April 25, 2012 1:32 PM
Share this View Comments
Photo of Dina Frank. (Photo by CBS 2)
Filed under
Homeland Watch, News, Syndicated Local
Related tags
Agents, pat down, Screening, TSA WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – The Transportation Security Administration is once again the subject of national scrutiny, this time after aggressively screening a 7-year-old female passenger with cerebral palsy which caused her family to miss their flight.

The girl, identified as Dina Frank in a report by The Daily, was waiting with her family on Monday to board a flight departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York headed to Florida.

Since Dina walks with the aid of leg braces and crutches, she cannot pass through airport metal detectors, and must instead submit to a pat-down by TSA agents.

Dina, who is also reportedly developmentally disabled, is usually frightened by the procedure. Her family reportedly requests that agents on hand take the time to introduce themselves to her.

However, the agents on duty at the time began to handle her aggressively instead.

Air travel is difficult to the family due to Dina’s disabilities, but the nature of Monday’s inspection was especially traumatic for the child.

β€œThey make our lives completely difficult,” her father, Dr. Joshua Frank, a Long Island pediatrician, told The Daily. β€œShe’s not a threat to national security.”

Frank taped the encounter, which ended when a supervisor inspected her crutches and let them pass. But agents followed up and insisted upon doing a full inspection of Dina.

Ultimately, the family missed their flight.

β€œThey’re harassing people. This is totally misguided policy,” Frank told The Daily. β€œYes, I understand that TSA is in charge of national security and there’s all these threats. [But] for her to be singled out, it’s crazy.”

Dina, from Long Island, had recently experienced triumph after Botox and phenol injections helped her to gain control of her legs, enough to take several unassisted steps.

After being born prematurely and suffering from bleeding in the brain, Dina struggled for years to get around, even enduring a double hip replacement to assist in her recovery, CBS New York reported.

UPDATE: The TSA issued a statement defending their decision to pat-down the girl.

β€œTSA has reviewed the incident and determined that our officers followed proper screening procedures in conducting a modified pat-down on the child,” the agency said.

......TSA defends pat-down of 4-year-old at Kan. airport
By ROXANA HEGEMAN | Associated Press – 2 hrs 3 mins ago....EmailNew: Now the email button gives you a quick and easy way to start a conversation.
Share0Print......Related Content.
...This April 14, 2012 photo provided …
....WICHITA, Kan. (AP) β€” The grandmother of a 4-year-old girl who became hysterical during a security screening at a Kansas airport said Wednesday that the child was forced to undergo a pat-down after hugging her, with security agents yelling and calling the crying girl an uncooperative suspect.

The incident has been garnering increasing media and online attention since the child's mother, Michelle Brademeyer of Montana, detailed the ordeal in a public Facebook post last week. The Transportation Security Administration is defending its agents, despite new procedures aimed at reducing pat-downs of children.

The child's grandmother, Lori Croft, told The Associated Press that Brademeyer and her daughter, Isabella, initially passed through security at the Wichita airport without incident. The girl then ran over to briefly hug Croft, who was awaiting a pat-down after tripping the alarm, and that's when TSA agents insisted the girl undergo a physical pat-down.

Isabella had just learned about "stranger danger" at school, her grandmother said, adding that the girl was afraid and unsure about what was going on.

"She started to cry, saying 'No I don't want to,' and when we tried talking to her she ran," Croft said. "They yelled, 'We are going to shut down the airport if you don't grab her.'"

But she said the family's main concern was the lack of understanding from TSA agents that they were dealing with a 4-year-old child, not a terror suspect.

"There was no common sense and there was no compassion," Croft said. "That was our biggest fault with the whole thing β€” not that they are following security procedures, because I understand that they have to do that."

Brademeyer, of Missoula, Mont., wrote a public Facebook post last week about the April 15 incident, claiming TSA treated her daughter "no better than if she had been a terrorist." The posting was taken down Wednesday. Another post said the family had filed formal complaints with the TSA and the airport.

The TSA released a statement Tuesday saying it explained to the family why additional security procedures were necessary and that agents didn't suspect or suggest the child was carrying a firearm.

"TSA has reviewed the incident and determined that our officers followed proper screening procedures in conducting a modified pat-down on the child," the agency said.

The statement noted that the agency recently implemented modified screening procedures for children age 12 and younger to further reduce the need for pat-downs of children, such as multiple passes through a metal detector and advanced imaging technology.

"These changes in protocol will ultimately reduce β€” though not eliminate β€” pat-downs of children," the statement said. "In this case, however, the child had completed screening but had contact with another member of her family who had not completed the screening process."

U.S. Sen. Jon Tester, a Montana Democrat, pressed the TSA for more information Wednesday. Tester, a member of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, said he was concerned the TSA went too far.

"I am a staunch advocate for effective transportation security, but I'm also a strong advocate for common sense and the freedoms we enjoy as Americans," Tester wrote to TSA Administrator John Pistole. "Any report of abuse of the power entrusted to officers of the TSA is especially concerning β€” especially if it involves children."

In a phone interview from her home in Fountain Valley, Calif., Croft said Brademeyer tried to no avail to get TSA agents to use a wand on the frightened girl or allow her to walk through the metal detector again. She also said TSA agents wanted to screen her granddaughter alone in a separate room.

"She was kicking and screaming and fighting and in hysterics," Croft said. "At that point my daughter ran up to her against TSA's orders because she said, 'My daughter is terrified, I can't leave her.'"

The incident went on for maybe 10 minutes, until a manager came in and allowed agents to pat the girl down while she was screaming but being held by her mother. The family was then allowed to go to their next gate with a TSA agent following them.

Croft said that for the first few nights after coming home, Isabelle had nightmares and talked about kidnappers. She said TSA agents had shouted at the girl, telling her to calm down and saying the suspect wasn't cooperating.

"To a 4-year-old's perspective that's what it was to her because they didn't explain anything and she did not know what was going on," Croft said. "She saw people grabbing at her and raising their voices. To her, someone was trying to kidnap her or harm her in some way."

Re: TSA Agents Barbaric Treatment of Children!
April 26, 2012 12:18PM
Would you feel the same if some "raghead" "dog eater" "moor" where trying to rush their beloved wheelchair bound child through TSA?
April 26, 2012 12:38PM
Easy solution, there is a time and place for everything, a 4 year old should not fly if she is going to throw a hissy fit. Take the Greyhound, they don't screen and are lots cheaper. Then when the 4 year old gets on the plane and has another hissy fit, passengers have to put up with these tantrums. No sympathy from me, we are raising a generation of whimps, excuse me, we have already raised a generation of whimps, these 4 year olds parents! It is a me generation, forget everyone else, as long as I am happy, who cares what everyone else has to go through.
April 26, 2012 02:28PM
klasp, you are expecting logic and consistency from L.T.? Just another of his very selective "outrages de jour." He's not know as "Loony Tunes" for nothing you know.
April 27, 2012 05:30AM
This would probably be a good time to point out, that since inception TSA has not caught a single terrorist....not one. Additionally, TSA has been charged and convicted of everything from stealing lap tops to running pedo rings. And finally, last week, Pres. Obama stated "the war on terror is over", so let's send the TSA. boys and girls all back home. They don't make us any safer....they only harass us and slow us down. BTW Klasp....it is attitudes like yours that keeps the morons working. The board should delete racist comments like yours. You disgust me.
LT.... you are the voice of reason today.....thanks for the post.
April 27, 2012 11:43AM
I should point out that Klasp was quoting LT for those terms, he (LT) is not quite the voice of reason you make him out to be. Check out past posts.

Ronaldo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>. BTW Klasp....it
> is attitudes like yours that keeps the morons
> working. The board should delete racist comments
> like yours. You disgust me.
> LT.... you are the voice of reason
> today.....thanks for the post.
April 27, 2012 12:17PM
nor did I suggest that LT was consistantly a wise sage......I intentially said "voice of reason for the day"
I believe the TSA people to be trogladytes and should be done away with.....again....they have not caught a single terrorist.....oh wait... the war on terror is over....but I digress.
April 27, 2012 03:43PM
Ok allow me to post since I do appear to be causing a certain amount of unnecessary controvery hence the intervention of our most distinguished host.
First lets take a look at the word moor and allow Miirriam Webster to clarify.
moor One of the Arab or Berber conquerors of Spain
Ok lets move on to dog eaters and without beating around the bush. Consider the two words combined clearly define the combined meaning. Anyone born and raised within Western culture would undoubtably consider eating the meat of canines a most gross and barbaric practice. If the shoe of such barbarism applies wear it. Unable to find a solid defined definition by any quotable sourse Ill leave this as is. Should nancykp have anything to add to defining "dog eater" I certainly extend the most cordial invitation to do so.
Which no doubt leaves us with the word raghead which I do on occasion use describing the savage radical Islamic beasts who attacked our Great Nation Under God Sept 11 2001 killing many U S civilians in the process. Considering the overall perspective which includes the fact that that very group of radical jihadists have publicly proclaimed the desire to eradicate the world of all infidels which I proudly proclaim to be. I solemnly uphold my 1st Amendment right to describe the above mentioned terrorists as ragheads. I have in the most recent past avoided any confrontations with our hosts by avoiding the use of said word considering that nancykp finds it too offensive or inflammatory for this website. (Sorta delicate folk she is) Considering my sincere heartfelt disdain for radical muslims and their enablers I think its best not to engage any liberal bleeding heart peacenik jibber over said subject on this site but do truthfully challenge and welcome good hearted debate on other terms. Anytime, anywhere. In doing so Ill consider myself a bonafide Happy Pork Eating Crusader! LOL! L.T.

If this makes it thru the moderation cage itll be a miracle! Just the facts folks! Hahaha!
April 27, 2012 06:01PM
If I were a terrorist, the best way I could think of to get weapons/chemicals aboard would be through a baby and baby paraphernalia or someone in a wheelchair and their medical crap. Something like TSA will always be needed because of radical fruitcakes. If TSA can search little kids and a crippled grandma with dementia, then they can search anyone. They can call it random too. Let's hope they will randomly search suspicious people more randomly than others. I would like to think a woman in a full burka outfit in wheelchair would be (randomly) searched and if you are wearing a burka for you modesty, you should expect to be searched, just a price to pay for being modest in a world with too many fruitcakes.

As far as difficult children and handicapped folks go, you got to be early and prepared. Perhaps you need to play TSA at home a few times with the kids to prepare them for the real TSA or perhaps you have to medicate them.

I do not know the stats on TSA agents. I remember it used to be a minimum wage job so I guess the stats would be poor.

And Ronaldo, sorry I disgust you. You do not disgust me even though your opinion is different than mine.
April 28, 2012 06:09AM
Klasp; Twas the racist comments that disgusted me.....I have no ax to grind with you.
Please keep in mind that TSA has done nothing to improve your safety.....in their entire history....they have never caught a terrorist....nada....zip....and yet we allow them to fondle our children, wives, etc. They do nothing but give us angst....and now the government wants to have them on buses, sports arena's, and so on. They are a symptom of out of control government, and need to be abolished. America was not designed to be a police state...and should not be so.
April 28, 2012 07:33AM
Ronaldo, perhaps you are just angst prone, they don't cause me angst, a little annoyance perhaps, but not angst, but thats just me. Since the war on terror is offically over, you suggest that the TSA be disbanded, unfortunately in this world there are plenty of nutballs, with all kinds of agendas that would love to blow up a plane in midair to claim responsibility and bring their causes to light. I think you are being naive to think we no longer need the TSA to seach for weapons to do harm to planes and their passangers. And if the TSA has not caught one terrorist as you say, and I think you are correct, how many hijackings, have there been since they have been put in place? Let me quote you, nada, zip, perhaps they are doing the job.
April 28, 2012 07:00PM
Once again crybaby L.T. wants us to feel sorry for him because he seems to believe that the moderators and others here who don't think very much of him want to take away his "First Amendment rights." Sorry Mr. Professional Victim, but you apparently have no idea that the First Amendment doesn't apply on a privately-owned website. Yes, you certainly have the right to spew your hate and the GOVERNMENT cannot stop you and to that I say wonderful. The First Amendment means nothing if it doesn't protect offensive speech such as yours. But I guess you have not noticed that this is a PRIVATE website and you have no First Amendment rights to post here. You should be very thankful to the moderators that they let you continue to post here. If this was my site, I for one would not be nearly as tolerant as they. I would ban your lame ass from posting here in a New York minute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 07:03PM by paul falduto.
April 29, 2012 06:38AM
April 29, 2012 08:23AM
Mr Falduto, since I do believer you know where you can say the things you say here face to face with LT, why dont you do that instead of hiding away behind this forum? Your name calling, "crybaby, Mr. Professional victim, and call his lame ass, I would think a man of intestinal fortitude would be better served addressing that person, in person. Gonna go out on a limb and guess, you may be lacking in intestinal fortitude.
April 29, 2012 09:18AM
Gee, Phanrkfurter, could the fact I do not say these things to his face have something to do with the fact that he is in Puerto Escondido and I am in North Carolina? And when I do come to Mexico I am nowhere near Puerto Escondido and have no plans to go there, L.T. or no L.T.? And could you not also ask why L.T. does not have the guts to say the things he says about me to my face? He isn't really nice on this board, you know, although you ignore that little fact because you agree with him.

And in what way am I "hiding"? Unlike you and L.T., I use my real full name here. I am Paul Falduto in Efland, NC. As they say, I'm "in the book."

I think you are as crazy as L.T. and that's saying something!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2012 09:22AM by paul falduto.
April 30, 2012 10:11AM
Thank you, I will take that as a compliment.
April 30, 2012 11:07AM
"Im in the book". You sure are!
May 03, 2012 07:58PM
paul falduto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once again crybaby L.T. wants us to feel sorry for
> him because he seems to believe that the
> moderators and others here who don't think very
> much of him want to take away his "First Amendment
> rights." Sorry Mr. Professional Victim, but you
> apparently have no idea that the First Amendment
> doesn't apply on a privately-owned website. Yes,
> you certainly have the right to spew your hate and
> the GOVERNMENT cannot stop you and to that I say
> wonderful. The First Amendment means nothing if it
> doesn't protect offensive speech such as yours.
> But I guess you have not noticed that this is a
> PRIVATE website and you have no First Amendment
> rights to post here. You should be very thankful
> to the moderators that they let you continue to
> post here. If this was my site, I for one would
> not be nearly as tolerant as they. I would ban
> your lame ass from posting here in a New York
> minute.

ΒΏLefTenant Hate would be referring to the first amendment right of the american (united states of american) constitutional amendment? How does that apply to him when he is writing from Mexico to the world and on a privately owned international web site??? And, if the paranoid racist fool was a canadian, and this site from Canada, there are hate crime laws he might be in contravention of that are criminal in nature spewing his hateful garbage and our hosts could be held criminally responsible for his filth!!!
May 03, 2012 09:10PM
But I hereby reserve the right to love and hate as as feel the need. You can take your canadian "hate" laws and do with them as you please. Your are doing a wonderful job of staying out of my sight and mind. Good day! LOL
May 09, 2012 06:49AM
While Renaldo wants to disband the TSA, yesterday a plot was uncovered by a double agent working against Al Queda, he was going to board an airline headed towards the USA, and blow it up with a more sophisticated underwear bomb, which contained no metal and would have been able to pass detection and board the plane. I understand the atempt was foiled, gladly, but it just enforced that TSA here in the USA and other security measures around the world are need to thwart radicals with the idea of blowing a plane out of the sky to avenge their cause. How could anyone, Ronaldo, object to that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |