Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusi๓n

"The Least and Most Trusted News Sources in America".

Posted by • Enviado por Jacobo2241 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
"The Least and Most Trusted News Sources in America".
February 23, 2022 08:09PM
"The Least and Most Trusted News Sources in America". Interesting, the least trusted source is run by Democrats and most trusted by business interests out of the City of London and the bastion of free markets. NPR comes in 5th, ahead of the Wall Street Journal.

If you notice, the source of the survey is the visualcapitalist.com. Not exactly the Brothers Bolshevik.

[www.visualcapitalist.com]

PecosPeet are you from Pecos, Texas? I am third generation South Texan and son of the DAR. I gave up the weed about 50 years ago, more into a good Malbec.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2022 08:11PM by Jacobo2241.
Re: "The Least and Most Trusted News Sources in America".
February 23, 2022 09:11PM
February 23, 2022 10:23PM
Give what a rest? Good gravy! Keeping profanities out of this!!!! Jacobo2241 makes sense! Despite ANYONE'S party affiliation one has to recognize a strange gap in info. I'd shake my head but I'M flabberghasted!!!!!!!!!
February 24, 2022 08:30AM
definition: I.M.H.O. the operative word in this definition of trust: is "BELIEF"

How many folks with "firm beliefs" in conspiracy theories where included in the polling results????
I would throw their responses out as "uninformed bias". Any statistician will tell you that.

Just look at the polarization of the results.

And coincidences of coincidences, the most untrustworthy sources are the same sources who say the other side is untrustworthy.
DEFiNITION:
noun
noun: trust
firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
"relations have to be built on trust"
Similar:
confidence
belief
faith
freedom from suspicion/doubt
sureness
certainty
certitude
assurance
conviction
credence
reliance
Opposite:
distrust
mistrust
skepticism
acceptance of the truth of a statement without evidence or investigation.
"I used only primary sources, taking nothing on trust"
the state of being responsible for someone or something.
"a man in a position of trust"
Similar:
responsibility
duty
obligation
LITERARY
a person or duty for which one has responsibility.
plural noun: trusts
"rulership is a trust from God"
February 24, 2022 08:59AM
The OP link is from August 2, 2017, article By Jeff Desjardins.

I always thought the Christian Science Monitor had high integrity, (not listed on the survey).

[www.csmonitor.com]

What's the old adage attributed to Edgar Allan Poe,

Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.
END
February 24, 2022 09:25AM
Pedro, Good point, the Christian Science Monitor certainly should be on the list as well as the Financial Times. This kind of survey is next to impossible to do objectively to suit all. As to the date, I donยดt think 4 or 5 years is long enough to represent a great change in currency.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, s๓lo puedes enviar mensajes si estแs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquํ para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |