Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

Another covid story

Posted by • Enviado por M Morgan 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Another covid story
May 03, 2021 08:54AM
Last week yet another person told me that the whole covid thing is BS.

Another covid story. Here is something to keep your eye on and pay attention to. It may be nothing... but I think not, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

[www.eluniversal.com.mx]
Re: Another covid story
May 03, 2021 09:45AM
From the article;

"authorities such as INSACOG have stated that 'current data does not suggest that the increase is due solely to a variant or a particular factor', but rather to 'non-compliance with the appropriate behaviors of Covid-19'."
May 03, 2021 12:32PM
I am confident that Canada and most western/developed countries will reach herd immunity by early fall. That will allow them to essentially return to hopefully a β€œbetter normal”.

With such a huge percentage of the Yee Haws in the States refusing to accept a vaccine, they wont reach herd immunity for a couple of years and will continue to suffer wave after wave of infections. More than 1/3 of active duty military have refused to be vaccinated. Biden is considering making it mandatory. The very people that are demanding their Free-Dumb will ensure restrictions, periodic lockdowns, masks, social distancing etc etc will continue. No doubt that irony is lost on the ignorant.

As for Mexico I truly hope that they continue with a robust roll out of vaccinations. With luck, Mexico can reach herd immunity next winter. Fingers crossed.
May 03, 2021 01:19PM
Gene, stop and really think about it. Just because herd immunity is reached in one country, do you really think that virus is going to respect borders and not cross over?
May 03, 2021 02:15PM
M, of course not.

We are all in this together. Once herd immunity is reached it severely restricts the transmission vectors and makes large β€˜breakouts β€˜ virtually impossible. Covid will still be passed around by the ignorant and selfish anti vax crowd. They will still be killing people, just not as many as before.

Will there be covid in Melaque next tourism season -absolutely. Should we be lucky enough to get as many people as we can vaccinated we can β€œmanage” through it without having to do what most of us have been doing for the last fifteen months.
May 03, 2021 02:45PM
I see a vaccine passport as a very likely feature coming in our lives, and in no way do I think of it as a violation of privacy. No more a violation than my assumption that as you pass me at 75mph in your 1800lb steel beast that you are carrying a driver's license.
Want your free-dum? Go for it.... I'm heading to Maui and you can't come! Next year I hope they stop people at the border for it.
I've loaded up Verifly in my smart phone and more than happy to be uploading my test results seamlessly, touch-free with a simple QR code image. And if they want my vaccination data, I'm all in.
And I would not object to requiring this for concerts, live events, more. Maybe we'll just have a segregated society where the nut cases aren't included in all the fun stuff with us "sheeple".
Just reading today that in the US herd immunity is unlikely at our current culture.
Here is a link to a convincing interview with the CEO of Travelocity on the future of covid passports, and why they make perfect sense:
[www.cnet.com]

Verifly:
[www.futuretravelexperience.com]
May 03, 2021 02:58PM
Monte... looking at the two graphs depicting COVID infection rates in Canada and Mexico... the difference is significant. Why?? Canada is a national prison while Mexico never really shut anything down and the borders have been and are wide open... you just drive in as I did just three weeks ago. So why the difference?

Lemme GUESS and yes it's just an semi-educated guess....

Mexico's second or third wave occurred last July and August, when I got COVID.. hospitals were getting overwhelmed, ICU's were full. And a lot of people died. Now many States have a hospital ICU occupancy rate of 30%.. you can't lie about everything. What's happening in Canada happened in Mexico 6 or 8 months ago. The infection rate in Mexico is rapidly receding.. in some areas of Mexico, COVID appears just a bad memory, and everything is wide open..

Herd immunity is happening in Mexico because over the past year I suspect just about everyone here has been exposed to COVID.

Some had natural immunity and never got anything.
Some were asymptomatic and they became the super spreaders.
Some got sick but were OK after 2 or 3 weeks.. as was in my case.. many of those were super spreaders too.
Some got really sick but survived.. and a few died.

Now, many are getting vaccinated, as I have been, I believe with mostly AstraZenaca, this is rapidly improving the 'herd immunity' of the general population. From my reading the vaccines appear quite effective against the variants.

Just as in Mexico last July and August, COVID is raging through Canada and the political dumb-ass fools think that by shutting borders and restricting movement they will somehow stuff this monster back into the bottle. That should have happened a year ago last March... a waste of time now because COVID is so pervasive.. it's everywhere. All they are doing is spreading out the misery, because unless you are a hermit living on a mountain top and don't ever go into stores, a supermarket, a gas station, a church, a friends place, talk to someone.. you are eventually going to be exposed to the virus at some point. Just as happened in Mexico last July and August, I believe few people will escape exposure to the virus.. it will happen, eventually at some point.

When I got sick. I took Fenofebrato, a chlorestrol med, two a day for 10 days, shown in Israel to have SOME efficacy against the worst of COVID.. med is OTC at Similares here. Serious study is now ongoing.

[www.pharmaceutical-technology.com]

[www.clinicalomics.com]

"The results demonstrated that patients who were taking the drugs to speed up the breakdown of fats were recovering from lung infections caused by COVID-19 in a matter of daysβ€”with no mortality among these patients."

[www.eurekalert.org].
May 03, 2021 06:22PM
Mort your argument makes zero sense. No one will be shocked.
May 03, 2021 06:24PM
I knew this was coming, but go ahead... come up with a better reason. Let the trolling begin

"As for segregation from the Yee Haws, that happens naturally as they can’t handle anyone that isn’t in their cultist echo chamber." ...good grief, another pointless post that adds nothing to the discussion... now that comment makes no sense whatsoever..talk about the pot calling the kettle...

Is that all these forums are good for??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 06:40PM by MortimerSnerd.
May 03, 2021 06:28PM
Kip, I agree, covid passports will be a thing.

As for segregation from the Yee Haws, that happens naturally as they can’t handle anyone that isn’t in their cultist echo chamber.
May 03, 2021 06:48PM
Mort,

I cant speak to the situation in Canada, but you have nailed what has happened here in Mexico as well as anyone could. I congratulate you for being factual -- not emotional or political -- about this health crises.
May 03, 2021 08:23PM
For me, this thread contains almost nothing but "user ignored - click to show/hide this message"

Sorry, but I have to laugh at that!

The Tomzap days are about done for me. Too much immature/angry/nonsensical bitching for me.

Buena suerte a todos!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 08:27PM by TomNBarra.
May 03, 2021 08:42PM
Hard to say how bad things really are in Mexico as testing is not as widespread. The Indian variant is in Canada which means it is probably everywhere in North America. 5000 people entering Canada since the hotel quarantine started have tested positive. The fact of the matter is as long as people move around the planet, so will variants. It is straight science. The sensible thing from a scientific point of view to have done last year would have been to ban all travel, period, but that was not going to happen. So, we are in a race with vaccines, because ultimately they are the only thing that will bring this under control, and we have to hope they do so before a vaccine resistant variant emerges. On the other hand it is also possible a non lethal variant will emerge and become dominant. After all it is not in the best interest of any virus to kill its host. It is speculated it was the emergence of a less lethal variant that bought the 1918 pandemic to an end.
May 03, 2021 08:44PM
Buena suerte a ti tambiΓ©n. Adios amigo.
May 03, 2021 08:52PM
BTW I don;t agree with mort on everything, but his opinion is just as valuable as anyone else's. However, IMO, his statement about it decreasing in Mexico is a dangerous assumption when we see what happened in India in just 2 weeks. I see Yucatan just went orange again for eg. I don't think anyone can breathe easy until vaccination rates are around 70%

I do think vaccine passports are important, especially in the US where vaccine resistance is around 40%. People need to realize not getting vaccinated means paying a price in freedom of movement.
May 03, 2021 09:50PM
TomNBarra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Tomzap days are about done for me. Too much
> immature/angry/nonsensical bitching for me.
>
> Buena suerte a todos!

Good Luck with that. Buena Suerte.
[www.youtube.com]
Another covid story
May 04, 2021 02:09AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |