Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión

which vaccine is best for seniors?

Posted by • Enviado por KM2544 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
which vaccine is best for seniors?
April 08, 2021 09:54PM
In BC there are 2 separate groups [there may be more] giving covid vaccine shots. The pharmacies and travelling medics are giving Astrazenica shots. The provincial health authority are giving Pfizer or Moderna shots at the large vaccination centers in the bigger cities. Both groups have separate websites to make your reservations through and today both groups sent me an email to choose a time to come in and get vaccinated.
From what I have read, the Pfizer gives the best over all protection. Any thoughts on which vaccine you would prefer if you had a choice?
Re: which vaccine is best for seniors?
April 08, 2021 10:22PM
Count yourself lucky that you have a chance to get vaccinated and also a choice . If you do have questions or concerns you should probably speak to your doctor because there are not any doctors giving advice here .
April 08, 2021 11:19PM
"From what I have read, the Pfizer gives the best over all protection".... me thinks you answered your own question if peace of mind is all you need. .

For the rest of us... if only one option is offered... take it. The only issue is after the first vaccine shot, if possible wait the 12 to 15 weeks for the second shot. There is evidence that the efficacy, particularly of the AstraZenaca vaccine, is significantly higher simply by spacing the two shots out over 12 to 15 weeks.. You might be told to do that in any event...

Not a doctor de Mort.
April 09, 2021 08:49AM
What brand of shots are being injected here locally in Melaque, Barra, Cihuatlan and Manzanillo?
It would be nice to know what is going to live with me.
Seems there are very different values and risks involved.
Are they all the same or different content?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |