Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión
law in mexico
December 16, 2010 02:38PM
if you electrify your building totaly from the out side, put up a warning sign, not to enter, if some one trys to break in and ether gets the shit shocked out of them or happens to die are you liable for anything
Re: law in mexico
December 16, 2010 03:19PM
December 16, 2010 08:12PM
Visions of barbequed cats, dogs and kids, littering the ground around the house, enter my mind.......

maybe some are still fried to the wires, just hanging there......

Don't know the law in Mexico (NOB it's a definite NONO) but you at least leave yourself wide open to whatever a lawyer can dream up if something happens, not to mention retributions from family members of somebody who got fried .
December 16, 2010 10:07PM
Sandy -
Some day
Some way
Some place
Some monment
B4 either of us are carried away

I'd sure like to meet you in person

John
Re: law in Mexico
December 17, 2010 06:02AM
I don't think low voltage fries you .... but may startle you if you don't clip the wire first

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
December 17, 2010 06:52AM
It is the amperage that kills you, not the voltage.

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
December 17, 2010 09:24AM
December 17, 2010 10:43PM
Yes, you will probably be responsible for killing a local police family member or a person working for the police.

Honestly, foreigners are not allowed to kill any criminals in Puerto and will pay dearly if they do. Thanks to our last governor. Carizalillo residents were warned by the Ministerio Publico the day after 8 homes were invaded and their occupants were tied up and robbed. All the residents were foreigners, no investigation and were told that if they injure any robbers in the act they (the victims) would go to prison.

An attorney in the area told one victim to have a large sack and twine available. When they break in shoot them, do not call police and dump them in a very deep arroyo. Their were over 14 other robberies in about a two week period not including the Carizalillo invasions within one kilometer from the Ministerio police station. I witnessed one and we called the police four times, it took them 45 minutes to get their, middle of the day in broad daylight.

One resident whom called the police many times as robbers were trying to enter their second story window failed to get any response from police who refused to come. The robbers were unable to get past the bars. The next night he fired his gun into the air, the police were their within minute. Just a couple blocks away.
Little children sat in front of the home two days later and when the owners left the children told the local thieves who then broke in and robbed the home in broad daylight which was one block form the police department.
The head procuradora for the state of Oaxaca offered to return the goods minus the gold and cash for half the value.

I recommend a 50,000 volt, 10 amp, neon sign transformer, but it has to be insulated well as the shock will guarantee the stopping of your heart.
December 18, 2010 08:55AM
Looks like my posting above got truncated, here goes again:

John-
It would be my pleasure.
We'll be driving to Melaque in the beginning of January sometime and then hang around until the end of February. Is my understanding correct that you can be found by going to the 'Ranch' and that the 'Ranch' is that entertainment place about 1/2 way from the highway to Barra on the left side when driving towards Barra?

Sandy
December 18, 2010 09:18AM
I can be found at various places, butt NOT at the "rancho"

***Here*** is where I am most easily found, Sandy

December 18, 2010 02:04PM
Ladrones mueren electrocutados
Ricardo Castro/Cihuatlán

Dos sujetos murieron calcinados al recibir una fuerte descarga eléctrica, cuando intentaban robar cable de CFE, trágicos hechos ocurridos en Jaluco, Cihuatlán. (Fotos Ricardo Castro)

La madrugada de este viernes, dos sujetos del sexo masculino murieron al recibir fuerte descargas eléctricas, al intentar robar cable de cobre de un poste de alta tensión propiedad de la Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE), en la localidad de Jaluco, municipio de Cihuatlán.
Fuentes policiales que acudieron al lugar informaron que los dos sujetos hasta el momento del cierre de esta edición sin identificar, recibieron fuertes descargas eléctricas al intentar robar cable de cobre, toda vez uno de ellos portaba en sus manos las tijeras para corte con las que pretendían cumplir su robo.
Al lugar de los hechos acudió personal de la Unidad Estatal de Protección Civil y Bomberos, toda vez que la corriente seguía fluyendo en el cable que cortaron los ahora occisos, causando que uno de los sujetos se calcinara parcialmente en el lugar.
Así mismo acudieron elementos de la Dirección de Seguridad Pública Municipal, así como agentes de la Procuraduría de Justicia del Estado y personal de Servicios periciales para recabar mediciones de los hechos, así como la toma de un set fotográfico para posteriormente el levantamiento de los cuerpos.

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
December 18, 2010 04:02PM
buzzardwest Wrote

Well John, you know what you wrote but everything past the above was lost, so, here goes again:

Thanks for putting me straight, you'll be found. :)
Sandy

edited to add the lost part

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 09:53PM by Sandy L.
December 18, 2010 06:22PM
Sandy:
My guess is you have the software set to Spanglish.
It will choke on the quote signs - the reason I hated the software.
Took me a long time to work it out!

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
December 18, 2010 09:44PM
Thanks Howard.
It was set to 'default', I changed it to 'English(American)'. I'll see what happens.

Sandy
December 19, 2010 06:36AM
sandy l. as a added note, the place would only be electrified at night time, when all good little boys should be home and in bed , if they are out in the country noseing around so be it ,there would be no reason for anyone tobe out there after dark unless they areup to no good, i have no neighbors even close
December 19, 2010 07:52AM
My workers said the two guys in Jaluco were on the 'cel' tower just outside of town and were not from around here

December 19, 2010 08:48AM
hey sparks was that in the dead of night, no lights around, pray how did they see them?
December 19, 2010 08:55AM
No idea .... maybe just found them the next day. Maybe they put on a light show and the neighbors noticed. The tower is not isolated and is next to a well traveled road

December 19, 2010 09:37AM
nona j. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sandy l. as a added note, the place would
> only be electrified at night time, when all
> good little boys should be home and in
> bed , if they are out in the country noseing
> around so be it ,there would be no reason
> for anyone tobe out there after dark unless they
> areup to no good, i have no neighbors even
> close

This is Mexico, not NOB, good little boys are up and around during the night.
Nevertheless (I like that word), you asked for input and I responded, not telling you what to do.
December 19, 2010 10:14AM
December 19, 2010 11:43AM
sandy l. they may be up but are not out in the middle of the country far away from any lights just pirtch dark"" plus i see you are a gringo snow bird that does not live here year around i really didnt need your opinion about anything anyway no need to reply sandy and i surly didnt ask for a gringo opinion
December 19, 2010 12:16PM
If you don't want Gringo opinions, you just wanna try ***THIS***
December 20, 2010 05:17AM
hey buzz its not that i dont want "gringo" opioions its just that i dont need gringo laws and values that they impose on people north of the border, most of THEM spend a few weeks down here and want to impose their values on the people that live down here, let them live in their crime infested citys up north and turn the other cheek
December 20, 2010 05:54AM
The gringo laws protect those that choose to have others protect them.

There are "laws" albeit Napoleonic, handled on an ad hoc basis, if that's the right word.

If you look around you, Mexicans of any "wealth" build with walls and, live near neighbors, and have dogs.

Now, where do we go from there?
December 20, 2010 09:05AM
Cheesh nona j, you just gotta take a breather and re-read all that I said, not what you think-but what I said.
To recap, you stated that you may electrocute any person attempting to enter your house during the night and asked for advice as to what you are liable for and I pointed out consequences you may not have thought of. I even pointed out that I'm not attempting to tell you what to do, but you sure got hostile.

Nevertheless( here is my favorite word again), I shall tell you what my experience with Mexican law is:
In 1967 I was involved in a car accident in Acapulco. A woman stepped out of some bushes on the divider, at night, in front of my car, I hit the brakes, the bumper of my car knocked the woman down,I put the emergency brake on, stepped out of the car and while I looked at the woman the police appeared, there were witnesses.She was bleeding slightly from the head, feet under the car, rest of her just laying in front of it, she was unconscious.Ambulance took her away, cops impounded my car and I was about to get booked. When I insisted on a lawyer the cops phoned the local representative from my Mexican insurance and he came and explained the Mexican law to me: According to him, by Mexican law a person who injures anybody is responsible for the injuries and their consequences, and since the woman was taken to the hospital I would have to be in jail until the extend of the injuries were established,regardless of my insurance coverage or who's fault it was.When I asked him what would happen if she died, he just shrugged. I ended up bribing everybody ( cost me a mint), the accident report got torn up, there was no accident.A few days later I found out that the woman was just dead drunk and except for a little scratch on the head, she was released in the morning, there were no injuries.
December 20, 2010 02:28PM
Nona j. If you don't want anyone's opinion why bother to post here??? Why would you ask a question where the "gringos" post? If you are from mexico or a full time resident I would think you should know the laws!
December 20, 2010 03:12PM
Nona, there are alot of things you can do to protect your property besides warning people you are preparing to electrocute them. Personally I dont see anything wrong with the idea but it will only cause you hardships here in Mexico. Better avoid the scenario. LOL
February 03, 2011 08:48AM
You can go to a fish and game club, Campo de Tiro, ask their about joining. Go to the PGJ and get an report of prior arrests. If you have non you can then get a medical and psych evaluation. After you pass you can then buy up to 10 firearms.
However you have to go to the D.F. to purchase. Not the Puerto Armory (they sell illegal arms their, to anyone) or the illegal high power firarms in the mercado in Oaxaca City guarded by federal police. That is illegal too, they sell to Narcotraffickers.

You purchase these arms for sport purposes and NOT protection. By that you cut out anything the local authorities can say about a permit. The problem is the local authorities do not want you to have firearms because if someone comes into your home, many times its THEM -POLICE or their friends and they do not want to get shot. If they have some beef with you and know you have firearms they will kill you straight off and you will be in the newspaper as committing suicide. Thats what they did to Beat Salzmann....Becasurf.. I had the opportunity to visit his home while the local boys in blue were doing him in. He refused to pay extortion like I did. Needless to say a few businessmen took long vacations in the following days.

Its always questionable when the police arrive just before a murder and then leave to come back later to make the report. I guess I was the last person he ever invited to his house, sad to say it was a most uncomfortable situation. He explained the entire situation just hours before and identified the people from my photos as the same police that just extorted me for 45,000 pesos and stole a care from me and forced me to give them the title.

You can get firearms up to 30.06 with the hunting permit and can get permission to carry up to 4 firearms in your vehicle properly.
IF you have some clout or a handful of funds you can get a carry permit. You must have a good reason.
The Mexican Constitution allows this for ALL RESIDENTS of Mexico here legally.
If you have the time it can be as little as a month or two and you can be arranging the transport papers to drive your firearms home in our own car. Be carefull many of these permits are not real expensive, some dishonest people will try to screw you so that is just another day in paradise.
Now if you have a home in another state this can all be done their. Their are approximately 14 states in Mexico that allow the transportation of firearms.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 08:56AM by Info1.
February 04, 2011 11:42AM
Como bien sabras, las leyes mexicanas son sujeto al interpretacion del juez.

Se me hace un poco extremo. Creo que invitara problemas.

Yo recomiendo un perro guardian, u otro tipo de proteccion "no letal."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |