Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread Discusin

Crazy things happening

Posted by Enviado por Jacobo2241 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Crazy things happening
April 20, 2020 08:59PM
Sorry, I don´t know what other topic heading to use for this.

Trump will ban all foreigners from entering the United States. (corrected to future tense)

[nypost.com]

Now that ought to be a real shot in the arm for the airlines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 09:34PM by Jacobo2241.
Re: Crazy things happening
April 20, 2020 09:16PM
It was a Tweet (what an idiot...) from him that he "will", "would" sign such a presidential decree. Future tense. As of 10:10 pm Puerto time, I don't think it's a formalized policy, yet. Who knows about tomorrow.

From the Washington Post, 9:30 pm Puerto time: "It was not immediately clear what Trump was referring to or whether such an order would be possible."

From the referenced NY Post article: "I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!” Trump tweeted."

Repeating: what an idiot...
April 20, 2020 09:39PM
April 21, 2020 12:32AM
On another front, Trump´s best friend Kim Jong-un is a little under the weather.

[www.independent.co.uk]

For the state funeral will he go in person or send Pence? I would suggest sending the evangelic, close to the Moonies. I actually think Pence might be a Moonie.

As Gertrude Stein said of Oakland, there is no there. That pretty much sums up Trump´s favorite country. Strange there are no golf courses in North Korea.
April 21, 2020 06:34AM
Neither the Trump tweet or the link you included say foreigners. They both said immagration.
What the link said was
President Trump to suspend immigration to US due to coronavirus
And that was the tweet

Immigration is the international movement of people to a destination country of which they are not natives or where they do not possess citizenship in order to settle or reside there, especially as permanent residents
April 21, 2020 08:08AM
“Sorry, I don´t know what other topic heading to use for this.”

Why not put it under the “Uplifting Sidebar” thread?

As I had earlier sensed, it was only a matter of time before polemic American politics would eke its way back onto this México forum, again giving local expats ‘a gleeful outlet’ to release predictably pent-up animosities.

Accordingly, as America’s president also recently noted too, and which appears sadly evident here, “cabin fever” amidst this DISease-ridden interim, is indeed beginning to set in…....

Thus, as earlier posted too, please take note of apparently where some of you ARE at…. via the always humorous; the forever entertaining; and the so very often ‘accurate’ poignancy of wonderfully irreplaceable cartoonist, Ben Garrison!!!!

And IMHO, replacing all hostility with curative (endorphin-releasing) Humor is a much better alternative with all of that extra “time on our hands”….

AKA: As perhaps equally prophetic Lou Reed once staunchly recommended, “Take a walk on the wild side” with some remedial laughter during these stay-at-home inconveniences = purportedly The BEST Vaccine!! :-)

And some other distinctly Puerto alternatives, TOO!! [www.youtube.com]
April 21, 2020 08:11AM
Greetings and continued good health to all, as, fortunately, we have been blessed. Drifted into the President’s Facebook page to add the commentary and plea below, for what it’s worth:

Until now, I have restrained from drawing attention to the similarities between Donald Trump and the ill human wind that sucked up many miserably poor and poorly educated desperate and gullible citizens in my native city and led them to murderous, suicidal doom more than two score years ago. Now, the President has spit in the face of scientific knowledge and medical facts to advise his followers that he alone, with his unmatched wisdom, would lead them to a glorious future where they all would gather to celebrate on an Easter Sunday in the churches, where some have unwaveringly and faithfully supported his every whim.
By now, many know where I am going, but it was not only or, maybe, any Republicans or evangelical Christians that went along with Jim Jones to drink the infamous kool-aid metaphor. It was just well intentioned and well meaning people who thought he would redeem the injustices oppressing them and bring them relief and prosperity. When reality and the rule of the laws of man and nature began to close in on him, Jim Jones led them south to their doom. It is starting to look like that now. Beware, my fellow Americans.

That was an Easter-day reflection. Now, with the President is inciting resistance to the measures his administration advocated to stem increased coronavirus infections for pure political gain, it is a full throated Mayday call to you all. Donald Trump really has that Jim Jones thing going. Please do not be his fool.
April 22, 2020 03:18PM
By definition an immigrant is a foreigner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Lo siento, slo puedes enviar mensajes si ests registrado.

Click here to login Haz click aqu para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |