Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread Discusin

.Why is anyone a Republican anymore?

Posted by Enviado por alan vlautin 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
.Why is anyone a Republican anymore?
January 25, 2020 08:20AM
In my country times are troubling as traditional definitions shift and party labels are peel off. Accordingly, I’m popping up in off-topic land to pose a vexing question, germane to American voters, like Paule and I and certainly perplexing to knowledgeable Canadians and Mexican nationals, among others.

Why is anyone a Republican anymore? You have no choice for President, it’s only Trump, the GOP shut down everyone else. Democrats offer many candidates, some better than others, all more plausible than the incumbent. Republicans are now just a TPP, a Trump Pity Party, with night rallies on sadly strange display.
Down ticket there’s Moscow Mitch, the richest member of a do-nothing Senate, who once married into foreign oligarchic wealth, aligned with Trump’s cabal of oligarchs and abandoned all respect for his oath of office and allegiance to America, becoming unwilling to bring any House bills on gun control, environmental protection and voting rights to the floor. Or, there’s Lacy Lindsey; when he knew John McCain, he seemed to have a backbone but now just embroiders silk cushions for The Rump. The Republican party run has amuck, spewing fragile snowflakes with childish fealty only to their Don, kicking traditionally admirable Republican concerns like free trade and national debt to the curb, demonstrating the frailty of their courage and hollowness of their convictions. During these impeachment hearings and trial, a lock step Republican defense is a passion play performance with a weak angry face flourish for the audience of one.

To be a Republican now is to be only of Trump and all that comes with him; the constant lies, petty spitefulness, vindictive cruelty, crazed behavior and, as the impeachment reckoning continues to unfold to its disastrous end for man and nation, it is now apparent that complete allegiance to Donald Trump has permanently and indelibly soiled the Republican brand and your reputation? Why is anyone a Republican anymore?

As, I do not want this Republican President anymore, I’d run the tape of Trump and Jerry Epstein at Mar-a-Lago in the 70s, often in a televised loop, to highlight the sick predators they were and that this President remains. Either way, he’s got to go.

There’s my question submitted not necessarily for any response to engender heated or ugly discussions. Honest and thoughtful people always have differing opinions and mine have been at times wrong. For several years, in the past, I was strongly of the view that my congressperson should retire and now I am more than glad, for the good of my country, that Nancy Pelosi did not. Also, after the 2016 election I had to apologize to all our nieces and nephews for my misguided assurances that Donald Trump would never be elected.

Sadly, I was very wrong. As, John Adams, my country’s second President noted, “There never was a Democracy yet that did not commit suicide”. Now, as the impeachment trial in the Senate unfolds, it seems the Republican party will furnish President Trump the gun. Why is anyone a Republican anymore?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2020 07:23PM by alan vlautin.
Re: .Why is anyone a Republican anymore?
January 25, 2020 04:59PM
Very much agreed. If America was aware of how the rest of the world perceives Trump and by extension, Americans, they would be embarrassed by their unholy support of an obviously amoral self aggrandizing megalomaniac with a total lack of humanistic values or empathy for others.
January 30, 2020 07:37AM
Thank you for your agreement Bob. That such a despicable person, so void of decency and empathy, leads the United States extinguishes a dimming beacon that it once was in the eyes of many others.

While there is much concern that, given his craven and megalomaniac nature, he would refuse to leave office if impeached or turned out by the voters in November. To these fears, I take great comfort in the Secret Service. As sworn law officers and, unlike the President, faithful to their oath, and having to be, in the course of their duty, around that person 24-7 for the last three years, any indiction of such a refusal would quickly result in a duck taping of his tweety fingers and potty mouth, and a quick, in the trunk, ride to an undisclosed location. That scenario may not be exact, but “I know a guy”.

God Bless America.
March 05, 2020 09:54AM
Because it drives you off a cliff. David McGroinald.
March 08, 2020 12:39PM
See, it works! All caps and everything.
April 09, 2020 08:07PM
Well, get ready for 4 more republican years. Why? Because it is a republican take over of the country.
And, who is going to do anything about it? The democrats, who because of the split between Sanders
philosophy and Biden philosophy, and the democrats that have decided not to vote because it doesn

represent their beliefs in either one. The party is split, and the absence of an electorate will give
Trump and the republicans all they need to continue the revolutionary take-over of the country.
So, what is the answer, anybody?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 08:04PM by bradc.
Oh no
April 09, 2020 08:09PM
Not responding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 08:03PM by bradc.
Oh no
April 09, 2020 08:11PM
Not responding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 08:02PM by bradc.
Oh no
April 09, 2020 08:13PM
Not responding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2020 08:01PM by bradc.
September 08, 2020 04:13PM
4 more years go trump and another scotus yay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2020 02:14PM by David McDonald.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Lo siento, slo puedes enviar mensajes si ests registrado.

Click here to login Haz click aqu para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |