Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión
no politics
May 16, 2019 10:07AM
at one time there was not suppose to be any political views on this board, wonder what happened, it sure changed i wonder what the moderators has to say about this subject
Re: no politics
May 16, 2019 02:37PM
I don’t think there are “political”discussions anywhere anymore.
However there are many discussions about morals and ethics.
Too bad. Bigly sad.
May 17, 2019 09:51AM
Gene The Bean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don’t think there are “political”discussions
> anywhere anymore.
> However there are many discussions about morals
> and ethics.
> Too bad. Bigly sad.

What I find puzzling and amusing is why so many Canadians that live in Mexico are so concerned with United States politics. (This is not directed to you personally)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 09:52AM by TomNBarra.
May 17, 2019 10:33AM
"What I find puzzling and amusing is why so many Canadians that live in Mexico are so concerned with United States politics. (This is not directed to you personally)"

Becuz what happens in the Excited States of Trumpistan affect us Canadians greatly... it's about individuals and families passing borders, trade, which makes up a significant portion of the Canadian economy... and the politics of Mexico and the USA can dictate what happens to the economy here in Mexico to a great extent.

....de Mort watching phat flakes of snow come down... 1 degree C in Calgary
May 17, 2019 11:24AM
TomNBarra Wrote:
> Gene The Bean Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > I don’t think there are “political”discussions
> > anywhere anymore.
> > However there are many discussions about morals
> > and ethics.
> > Too bad. Bigly sad.
>
> What I find puzzling and amusing is why so many
> y Canadians that live in Mexico are so concerned
> with United States politics. (This is not directed
> to you personally)

You think you're puzzled??????????

Try looking at the American political scene from a Canadian perspective, (your next door neighbour, and ally, in case you've forgotten.)

Amusing??? America is the laughing stock of the world, and not in the least amusing to the rest of the civilized world.

The inmates are running your asylum.

del Sol
May 17, 2019 12:14PM
David McDonald Wrote:
> at one time there was not suppose to be any
> political views on this board, wonder what
> happened, it sure changed i wonder what the
> moderators has to say about this subject

Nice try David, but there are haters on every public website. They seem to be so unhappy with their miserable lives, that they vent their frustration wherever they can -- not just here. The Americans who read the offensive comments on this site (by the very few impolite Canadians) should remember that most Canadians are good people with much better manners than the few who are so offensive here.

I want to make it clear that I am not referring to Mort's comment, which was was very thoughtful and clear. It demonstrates that we can differ in opinion without the nastiness.
May 17, 2019 12:17PM
There are a very few degrees of separation between the two countries, there are thousands of Americans living in Canada who continually look back across the border for some sign of positive change. Our national economy is so so closely linked to what happens directly and indirectly to the USA, and like it or not, we are not nearly as independent as we would like to think we are. Our relationship is like master and servant and guess which one we are (as Canadians), instability down south causes us great concern on many many levels, so YES we are tied on one another, that is the reality of the matter.
May 17, 2019 01:44PM
Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt.

Pierre Trudeau
May 17, 2019 05:17PM
finally got the thread removed,,,, some one must have posted nancy, im sure glad as i said no POLITICS on main page
May 18, 2019 01:42AM
Yah David, someone must have posted Nancy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |