Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

Reaction to US policies

Posted by • Enviado por sungal 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Reaction to US policies
February 11, 2017 10:39AM
I realize the majority of posters here may be Canadian, but as a US citizen, now with an unhinged and mean-spirited president, I am wondering how locals are reacting to all the anti-immigrant and blatant disregard to the Mexican people and their government that is occurring within the present US administration.

I have always seen that people in Mexico are able to separate the US govt from the US citizens who visit, but this current situation is far beyond anything that I have ever experienced. I will be arriving in Barra in two days - hoping ferevently that nothing will have changed from all the other years I have been a welcome visitor in Mexico.
Re: Reaction to US policies
February 11, 2017 02:21PM
The nationals here do not treat people differently based on their country of origin. They are just happy to welcome you to their country so long as you behave and treat them as you would want to be treated.
The Mexicans will welcome you and treat you as an "amigo", as usual, regardless of the political madness that may exist outside their borders.
They are amazing people.
February 11, 2017 02:37PM
So far so good, but it's early in Trumps presidency. Will be interesting to see a few years down the road after increased deportations, wall-building, NAFTA altering, etc..
February 11, 2017 03:02PM
My neighbors question me about what I think ... and then we shake our heads and throw up our hands> They think the US is stupid. That's about it

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
February 11, 2017 03:26PM
Hi
Another message that people talking against Trump!
And why this message is not removed?I Really think that the moderator
Let message goes when is on the same page that what he thinking!
This message need to be removed,or we already know that the Trump bashing
Will continue on and on.....
Thank you
February 11, 2017 03:56PM
Actually, patrick1720, my intent in posting was not to be bashing Trump. However, from recent news reports, it does seem that the Mexican government's view of the new US administration is less than positive.

My question was posted in hopes of getting an idea of the attitudes of people outside the government in Mexico might be.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinion of the current US administration, I think we would all agree that the relationship between the formal governments of Mexico and the US is strained right now. I think it's a fair question as to how the local populace may be affected by that.
February 11, 2017 04:25PM
I hope that it goes on and on and on and on........
February 11, 2017 04:38PM
Bill Gilbert,
Are you canadian or american?
Because if you are canadian,like a lot of People here,
You should stop worried about Trump and start worrying about YOUR prime minister Who will put YOUR
Country in bankruptcy if he continue like that!
February 11, 2017 07:32PM
Hello Sungal,
I fully understand the meaning of your message,and I think that is a fair questions!
As a canadian,I think that we have a lot of problems in our OWN country,and with our OWN supposed Leader,
I hope that all of you Who critics Trump will do the same thing with our governement that you canadian had vote for!
February 28, 2017 06:05PM
Sungal, you say your original post was not to bash Trump, but your words, "unhinged and mean spirited" say otherwise..
March 06, 2017 12:16PM
Bashing Trump? Those are just accurate adjectives.
March 08, 2017 09:14PM
If ever there was a human being (?) deserving of being trashed it is the disgusting Trumphf. (and I am both US and Canadian citizen)
April 13, 2017 05:14PM
Patrick1720, my question is if you are Canadian, why are you concerned about who comments on Trump, or Putin, or Assad, or any leader where you are not a citizen? Those of us who are Canadian born US citizens have a right to vote and complain. On both sides of the border. As a west coast Canadian, we are barely in Canada, are told after the fact when decisions we pay for are made, are poorly represented politically and share disproportionately of the Federal handouts. I voted for Trudeau, maybe after he's tired we could have Obama, someone with a brain to think on their own, not just spout rhetoric. At least in Canada, we don't have a person with a personality disorder running the country, and we don't have to fly United.
June 17, 2017 10:30AM
WOW WOW alot of bs spread around
February 22, 2018 12:31PM
Sungal a year has passed since your original post, just curious if you were a welcomed visitor as before, or has that changed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |