Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión

When does moderation become censorship?

Posted by • Enviado por Sir Lance 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
When does moderation become censorship?
February 05, 2017 01:08PM
a community leader on the Internet, chances are you've been accused of censoring those whose comments you've deleted. Of course, you probably don't want to come across to your site visitors as an authoritarian dictator-type, and you probably don't refer to yourself as "Big Brother" in your About Me page. But after enough accusations, you might start to wonder… “have I gone too far as a community moderator?”

The diversity of opinions that live on the Internet are infinite (by my precise calculations) so it can be a bit overwhelming when you sit down to decide, "how should people interact with each other on my site?” We're here to help and share a pro-tip that might sound a little counter-intuitive: the more restrictive you are and the clearer you make your rules, the better you can foster high quality engagement.
Re: When does moderation become censorship?
February 11, 2017 06:58PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |