Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
Heat wave
July 26, 2016 08:02AM
You think it is Hot? Kuwait today has 54C, everyone has taken to the water.
While Whitehorse Yukon this morning has 10C, making a fire in the wood stove the morning
Re: Heat wave
July 26, 2016 08:30AM
Just to your southwest, Haines, AK. it's been mid 50's 12, two weeks ago it was 80, 27. Can't wait for Nov. headed south.
July 26, 2016 08:34AM
It is 9:33 AM here. 82 degrees with 78% humidity. A grand day. It looks as if we are headed toward 90 degrees in the afternoon.

Steve Cotton
[steveinmexico.blogspot.com]
July 26, 2016 08:43AM
He's talking centigrade. That's 110 or something????
July 26, 2016 10:00AM
54C degrees is around 129.2F on the olde English scale.. ...toasty. These temperatures have only been matched by some record Death Valley temperatures.

The official highest recorded temperature is now 56.7 C (134 F), which was measured on 10 July 1913 at Greenland Ranch, Death Valley, California, USA.
July 27, 2016 10:54AM
Hey Mort, the record low -ambient- temp. In North America ever recorded was at Destruction Bay Yukon at -83....... saw - 62 in Cokeville Wyoming January 1982, that was flipping cold.
July 27, 2016 12:52PM
verna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's talking centigrade. That's 110 or
> something????

Just in case you haven't noticed.................THE WORLD talks Centigrade.
July 27, 2016 02:17PM
Oink... worked outside in -52, Camrose Alberta... that was cold enough for me... at -60... you take a pee and it freezes before it hits the ground... no yellow snow....fun to toss a cup of hot water into the air... instantly freezes into ice crystals.

Oink... I have the coldest temp according to Wikipedia as: the coldest temperature ever recorded in Canada was -63 Β°C (-81.4 F) in Snag, Yukon, back in the 1940's. Where did you find the Destruction Bay YK record? ...and if you look at the dates there are no city low temperature records registered after 1979... kinda says something about climate change doesn't it.

...del Sol...thought the center of the world is supposed to be the good ol US of A... is it not? The Donald thinks so.

In the States some have never heard of that foreign centigrade measurement thingy..Maybe some think it's the name of some French town. There Fahrenheit remains supreme ...as does other units of linear measurement... the 'inch' is supposedly the length between the bone joints of some long dead English kings index finger ... that's what started it all
July 27, 2016 04:07PM
MortimerSnerd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> ...del Sol...thought the center of the
> world
is supposed to be the good ol US of A...
> is it not? The Donald thinks so.

Daft Donald can think????
July 28, 2016 10:23AM
Was in a restaurant in Destruction Bay where they had a newspaper article framed on the wall with the low temperature featured, this was several years and many gin and tonics ago but I think the article was written in the early 50s. And yes, it was a Canadian paper and yes, oh my god, it was in Fahrenheit.

Whacky Donald I'm sad to say is an embarrassment to all of us rational Americans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |