Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión

A Little French History

Posted by • Enviado por bill gilbert 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
A Little French History
July 14, 2015 09:36AM
Twenty six years ago today I kicked my addiction to tobacco while in Mexico City. The addiction never had any good effects for me, it was only a way to transfer some of my money to the hands of some multimillionaires in North Carolina.

Apparently there was some bad blood between some people in North Carolina and France in those days. When the French found out how I had put the screws to the North Carolinians by cutting off some of their (up to then) assured income, they decided it was time for them to pounce.

July 14th has been called Bastille Day ever since. Bastille means something like "Bill's freedom Day" in French. I'm not sure of the exact translation since I don't speak French.

Happy Bastille Day! La Fête Nationale

Re: A Little French History
July 14, 2015 02:10PM
sounds good to me, smoking cigs cant be any good for you or anyone, but each to their own
July 14, 2015 04:22PM
it sucks but 75% of cig sales is taxes should offset the downs pop and food for the obese not seeing it but thats good for you drink a 4 litre of pop i feel the same on booze taxes offset the downs should tax pills but they have no side effects
July 14, 2015 09:27PM
July 15, 2015 06:15AM
funny paper gibberish, could not figure it out maybe english not first language used

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 06:17AM by fast eddy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |