Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión >> Page • Página 2

Pemex to raise prices 3% on the 1st of the year

Posted by • Enviado por wayne overby 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Re: Pemex to raise prices 3% on the 1st of the year
January 06, 2015 04:52PM
Oh but Wayne there is. Sayonara (That means adios.) [galtsgulchchile.com]
January 07, 2015 08:38AM
Hi Wayne,
Your strident adherence to Ayn Rand’s objectivist claptrap explains why you seem to miss several points. I too read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead at an impressionable age but was not so impressed, likely because I was reading a lot of other books, as well. Let me suggest you wander through Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness and William Golding’s Lord of the Files to sample the joys of a couple other utopian Gulches. “Heart of Darkness” does seem an apt description of Ms. Rand, at that!
Reading them might give you more balance, which it seems your volleyball efforts need, as well. Perhaps in picking teams you could adopt the method our softball group employs. We draw red or blue tiles from a little tray held overhead and different teams of the same players emerge each day. “If you all have fun, you all have won”
January 07, 2015 09:16AM
I have read most of the other books
I still believe that the looters are after all that I have
I refuse to relinquish
And this is not really the proper place to discuss politics
For me enough said
Wayne Overby
PS my volley ball really sucks (old white man who cannot jump )
But damn I have a wonderful time playing
with many wonderful people
January 07, 2015 05:15PM
he needs to read waynes world.
January 08, 2015 05:38AM
Dick Cavett on Ayn Rand...

CAVETT: [...]You can piss away valuable hours of your life reading Ayn Rand—her wretched appeal to the young, her wretched writing, her wretched person.

She was supposed to be on my show; I was kind of sorry she wasn’t, because I was kind of laying for her. I did not succumb, as a kid, to being enthused by Ayn Rand, and that sense of power, as every kid was at one time until they outgrew it. The old bag sent over a list of fifteen conditions for appearing with me, or for appearing with anyone, I guess. One of them was, “There will be no disagreeing with Ms. Rand’s philosophy.”

GREEN: You’re kidding.

CAVETT: No! I wrote at the bottom of the list, to be sent back to her, “There will be no Ms. Rand, either.”
January 08, 2015 07:59PM
I know folks who were seduced by Marx and Chairman Mao, too. Equally as despicable as Ms Rand, but certainly no worse.
January 08, 2015 09:49PM
January 09, 2015 06:12AM
January 09, 2015 08:57AM
Reality dictates that the differences between any of us are minuscule to say the most. Discrimination is the order of the day. In the absence of those we love to hate could we still be we?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 08:57AM by Frank in Texas.
January 09, 2015 08:59AM
"Oh, sorry HTA, forgot you were there." I only use regular in my rides and its around $1.90 at the present time. Life is good.
January 09, 2015 12:17PM
In August of 2011, as Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) campaigned for the GOP’s presidential nomination, she vociferously blamed President Barack Obama for high gas prices, pledging to get the cost under $2 a gallon if she’s elected into the White House.

“The day that the president became president gasoline was $1.79 a gallon. Look at what it is today,” she said at an event in Greenville, South Carolina. “Under President Bachmann, you will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon again. That will happen.”

It appears that Bachmann achieved that goal without ever becoming president, as she proudly pointed out on Twitter Friday morning

Bachmann wasn’t the only Republican to attribute high gas prices to Obama. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Bachmann’s challenger for the 2012 nomination, predicted that if Obama was reelected he would push gas to “$10 a gallon.” He promised $2.50 gas if he was elected. In March 2012, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) predicted that if Obama was reelected gas would cost $5.45 per gallon by the start 2015.

But today, the nationwide average for a gallon of gas is $2.24 and can be purchased for under $2 in at least 33 states. Experts have attributed the plunge to a host factors generally outside of any president’s control, including weak international demand, fuel efficient cars, advances in gas technology, greater domestic production, a growing reliance on public transportation and OPEC’s failure to reduce supply.

Damn you Obama
January 09, 2015 02:45PM
im asking about the cost premium IN MEXICO not texas...............also anyone know how mad max(west park café) is doing...........he got busted up real good last week while I was in town on one of those hi speed crazy racing motorcycles that only people with a death wish would own.....I know someone else with one of those crazy machines too...its just a matter of time............hope he recovers from all the broken bones........
January 09, 2015 05:32PM
Puerto Bill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In August of 2011, as Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
> campaigned for the GOP’s presidential
> nomination, she vociferously blamed President
> Barack Obama for high gas prices, pledging to get
> the cost under $2 a gallon if she’s elected into
> the White House.
>
> “The day that the president became president
> gasoline was $1.79 a gallon. Look at what it is
> today,” she said at an event in Greenville,
> South Carolina. “Under President Bachmann, you
> will see gasoline come down below $2 a gallon
> again. That will happen.”
>
> It appears that Bachmann achieved that goal
> without ever becoming president, as she proudly
> pointed out on Twitter Friday morning
>
> Bachmann wasn’t the only Republican to
> attribute high gas prices to Obama. Former House
> Speaker Newt Gingrich, Bachmann’s challenger for
> the 2012 nomination, predicted that if Obama
> was reelected he would push gas to “$10 a
> gallon
.” He promised $2.50 gas if he was
> elected. In March 2012, Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
> predicted that if Obama was reelected gas would
> cost $5.45 per gallon by the start 2015

>
> But today, the nationwide average for a gallon of
> gas is $2.24 and can be purchased for under $2 in
> at least 33 states. Experts have attributed the
> plunge to a host factors generally outside of any
> president’s control, including weak
> international demand, fuel efficient cars,
> advances in gas technology, greater domestic
> production, a growing reliance on public
> transportation and OPEC’s failure to reduce
> supply.
>
> Damn you Obama

The president of the United States has never been able to dictate the price of fossil fuels and never will. I would make a hefty wager that if Obammy was asked a year ago if gasoline would be 2 bucks a gallon today he would have thought you were nuts. One must admit that O has been staunchly opposed to the fossil fuel industry since inauguration day. He has threatened to bankrupt the coal industry and he has his veto pen warmed up for Keystone. The EPA under his administration has invoked regulations regarding coal fired electric cooperatives emission standards that are unattainable with the current available technology. We are not in the Carnegie smoke billowing steel plant era but 100% clean coal fired power is not realistic in 2015. You cited several valid reasons for lower fuel prices, none of which can be attributed to the president. In fact if he got what he really wants he would shut down all coal and oil and give everyone tax credits to install solar panels that don't work. The Saudis are trying to break the new production in the US by opening the valve and flooding the market. If they get their way oil could be $30 this year but I'm betting they blink first. Political pressure from Mr. Putin who is going down fast at the price of crude right now.
January 10, 2015 10:38AM
Conspiracy theories are like personal philosophies. They are for amateur thinkers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2015 10:38AM by Frank in Texas.
January 10, 2015 11:47AM
the Saudis have the tap wide open and what you see are the power they have over world oil prices.....just bought Shell today for an even 2$ a gallon in Chicago area..............my brother lives 100 miles west of Chicago and its $1.75 a gallon or less..................lets go for buck a gallon!.......pull that 75 Eldorado out of mothballs and DRIVE BABY DRIVE!
January 10, 2015 02:19PM
Frank in Texas Wrote:
> Conspiracy theories are like personal
> philosophies. They are for amateur thinkers.

Not quite sure if that comment was directed my way. I was merely presenting the facts as I see them and pointing out possible implications.
January 10, 2015 02:40PM
74 Monte Carlo....454...Supercharged. Could never pass a gas station without stopping...But it was a quick ride in between.
January 10, 2015 03:50PM
"The president of the United States has never been able to dictate the price of fossil fuels and never will." Go tell it to the Republicans who ran on blaming Obama for the price of oil and said they would bring the price down. Now that the price is down they will say that Obama has nothing to do with it. That is my point. I said when they were making fools of themselves (Yet had quite of following from the Ayn Randians) that the president had little to do with the price of oil. Sorry to let you down but I totally agree that the president does not control the price of oil. My point was that the Republicans blames him and now will not credit him.

"One must admit that O has been staunchly opposed to the fossil fuel industry since inauguration day. He has threatened to bankrupt the coal industry and he has his veto pen warmed up for Keystone."

I would say that Obama is trying to get the country to stop using so much fossil fuel and try to find something better for everybody. As far a coal is concerned it is terrible stuff and if it goes the way of the dinosaur it will be a good thing but something has to be exchanged for it and at least he is trying. Unlike His Highness Reagan who took solar panels off the White House because of the oil industry. If we would have put more effort into alternative fuel back then we would be much further along than now.

"solar panels that don't work" Really? Go tell that to Germany. But hey, think what you will and the rest of us will move forward with or without you. China uses a huge amount of coal and look at the air in their cities.

And to hell with Keystone. If the Canadians want to refine their oil (The shittiest dirtiest oil on the face of the earth) and ship it to China let them do it from their own country.
January 10, 2015 03:56PM
What I posted aboout Bachmann et al was from this. [thinkprogress.org]
January 10, 2015 05:40PM
Puerto Bill Wrote:
> "The president of the United States has never been
> able to dictate the price of fossil fuels and
> never will." Go tell it to the Republicans who ran
> on blaming Obama for the price of oil and said
> they would bring the price down. Now that the
> price is down they will say that Obama has nothing
> to do with it. That is my point. I said when they
> were making fools of themselves (Yet had quite of
> following from the Ayn Randians) that the
> president had little to do with the price of oil.
> Sorry to let you down but I totally agree that the
> president does not control the price of oil. My
> point was that the Republicans blames him and now
> will not credit him.
>
> "One must admit that O has been staunchly opposed
> to the fossil fuel industry since inauguration
> day. He has threatened to bankrupt the coal
> industry and he has his veto pen warmed up for
> Keystone."
>
> I would say that Obama is trying to get the
> country to stop using so much fossil fuel and try
> to find something better for everybody. As far a
> coal is concerned it is terrible stuff and if it
> goes the way of the dinosaur it will be a good
> thing but something has to be exchanged for it and
> at least he is trying. Unlike His Highness Reagan
> who took solar panels off the White House because
> of the oil industry. If we would have put more
> effort into alternative fuel back then we would be
> much further along than now.
>
> "solar panels that don't work" Really? Go tell
> that to Germany. But hey, think what you will and
> the rest of us will move forward with or without
> you. China uses a huge amount of coal and look at
> the air in their cities.
>
> And to hell with Keystone. If the Canadians want
> to refine their oil (The shittiest dirtiest oil on
> the face of the earth) and ship it to China let
> them do it from their own country.

I have no problem with the reduction of fossil fuel usage but there is a problem with the timeline in transition from conventional energy to alternatives. In my humble opinion you don't understand the strategic position the US is in right now as far as energy production is concerned. So go ahead and move on without me. Would it be a stretch to imagine you sipping a cold beer on the Rinconada watching sewage trucks dumping their load into a storm drain flowing directly into the Pacific?
January 10, 2015 08:14PM
66 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CONVERTIBLE 500 CUI............DRIVE BABY DRIVE!
January 11, 2015 04:44PM
Maybe the timeline is aggressive but how do we know? It seems there is always a starting place then negotiate from there. Having said that, auto manufacturers said it was too expensive to put rear view mirrors on cars. And oil corporations will always be against alternative energy. The same with coal corporations.

I'm not sure why you would say, "In my humble opinion you don't understand the strategic position the US is in right now as far as energy production is concerned." What evidence do you base that on? For what reason? I don't think that there has been anything written on this thread (by me) about the strategic position the US is in right now as far as energy production is concerned. But in my humble opinion you are wrong. What does the strategic position the US have to do with this conversation anyway?

And then there is this; "Would it be a stretch to imagine you sipping a cold beer on the Rinconada watching sewage trucks dumping their load into a storm drain flowing directly into the Pacific?" Why would you even ask that? It seems to be off the wall. To answer your question though, it would be a stretch. Can't remember the last time I had a beer on the Rinconada. I may have never had a beer on the Rinconada and I have no plans to have a beer on the Rinconada in the future. In fact I think the only time I have eaten on the Rinconada was a meeting I had with somebody who suggested El Cafecito one morning last year. So yeah, it would be stretch but really? Why do you ask? Are you having a hard time focusing on the subject matter?

Would it be a stretch to say that you get your information from FOX News? I only say that because what you have been saying is for the most part wrong and research tells us that people who watch Fox News know less than people who watch nothing. Also trying to change the subject and say I am ignorant about something that has nothing to do with the conversation and annoy me is a tactic that Fox News hosts use to get away from a subject that they are losing the debate on. But I am confident that I do understand the strategic position the US is in right now as far as energy production is concerned. I also know that the president does not have much influence on the price of oil like the Republicans who were running against him said but if they still believe the president has influence they should give him credit for the drop in price don't you think? And I do know that solar panels work. And I do believe that the Keystone pipeline is not a good thing for the U.S.. And I do know that coal is a very very dirty form of energy and should be replaced as soon as possible. So there. (I am still wondering about the remark about beer and the Rinconada)
January 11, 2015 05:19PM
what the hell is a rinconada?...........never heard of it..........fox news is the only good news the rest is krap.............and for those who think its krap they will wake up when its to late...............coal and oil is the way to go for now..........let the future generation figure out what they want...............im tired of worrying about what the world will be like in 200 years!!............live for the moment.......use it while you got it.........earth is doomed anyway so your only delaying whats written in stone..................
January 11, 2015 05:32PM
Hey guys, lighten up a little bit. No too much though.

Here's a fun thing I have admired since the guy built it back when I was a kid. A 500 ci Lincoln is a little baby compared to this.

A man named Cramer, who owned a garage in Omaha back in the mid fifties, came across a brand new Allison V-12 aircraft engine. So he built this car around it. He said it got 3 mpg. 2300 horsepower.

Richard
January 11, 2015 09:53PM
Frank (HTA), it's somewhat entertaining that you and your nemesis, WO, both find FoxNoise FakeNews to be your favorite sources of mis-information. It's that old "perceptual filters" thing: a comfortable lie is always preferred over an inconvenient truth. Or as Stephen Colbert would term it, "truthyness".
January 12, 2015 05:10AM
Johnzap
Did you read anyplace that I only read Fox news
Here we go once again the liberals making false assumptions and claims
Plus please no matter what you claim do not put me in the same box as HTA
Wayne Overby
January 12, 2015 02:39PM
yea...leave my good buddy wayne alone...........by the way how do you READ fox news if its on tv?..........or did you just finish watching a great book?.............people hate fox news because they cant stand the TRUTH!.........Obamas golf game is more important to the haters or listening to Al Sharpton........ hahaahahaha
January 12, 2015 05:37PM
Whether your hymnal is video or literature, if all the songs are lies (and hey are), it just means you're willfully deceived. And you go after Barry's golf game 'cause he has a lower handicap than Ike or W.
January 12, 2015 08:53PM
no ...only because he has no knowledge of foreign policy what so ever....hes made a disaster of the middle east.....bushes mistake was Iraq.......obamas mistake is the whole middle east... he has no idea how to deal with other countries because he has an 8th grade education!...americas mistake was voting for a bum for president....the last thing we needed at this point in america.....American young people who voted for him must have a death wish for America.......the best is yet to come I feel.......hold on to your boot straps!!.........LETS GO FISHING!
January 13, 2015 11:56AM
I've always thought of the Kenyans job something akin to the worst job in the circus...

[www.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |