Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

Relevancy and updating

Posted by • Enviado por sparks 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Relevancy and updating
May 21, 2014 05:47PM
3 posts absolutely missing with no explanation

[69.73.170.179]

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2014 07:30PM by sparks.
Re: Deleting posts - new chicken shit moderating
May 21, 2014 07:24PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:11AM by sparks.
May 21, 2014 07:25PM
May 21, 2014 08:14PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:12AM by sparks.
May 22, 2014 08:18PM
Sparks, think about this for a minute. You are coming on rather aggressively towards a moderator who does this out of respect for the people who post and visit the website and who has a real job, too. Lucrative, this site is not. So if you're feeling ignored, you are, and rightfully so. It's a private service; Tom and Nancy pay the bills to keep it up and running, and it is THEIR choice regarding content. But don't expect Nancy to get excited and into some sort of raging war of words; blocking is a lot easier.
May 22, 2014 08:58PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:13AM by sparks.
May 23, 2014 07:38AM
sparks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I appreciate your point .... and appreciate that
> this is too much of a job for people who still
> have a full life NOB .... and are not all that
> excited about some community on the west coast of
> Mexico
>
I love Barra and Melaque. I'm just not thrilled by you and your whining.

> I just find it very difficult to transition from
> 20 other boards that have moderators that can and
> want to participate .... to a board where the
> moderator just responds to complaints The weak
> stomached and whiners are the ones that will rule
> this message board.

Isn't this what you are trying to do? Very few posts get reported or deleted. The main reason for this whole stink is that one of YOUR posts got deleted.

>Real conversations and self
> solving solutions not allowed.

Using the visitors comments to abuse someone else is not part of the stated purpose.

From the FAQ
Q Are the Visitors' Comments moderated?
A Some forums are moderated and some users are moderated. Moderators may adjust the scope of moderation as required. The posts of new users are moderated by default. Registered users may participate by clicking on "Report" to alert the moderators to a post that is off-topic, contains person-to-person name-calling, contains objectionable images, or is otherwise inappropriate.
| Top of Page |
Q To what degree are the Visitors' Comments censored?
A Posts may be removed if they do not pertain to or contribute to the discussion or if they appear to be designed to agitate or contain person to person name-calling. Posts that contain images that either the moderators or other users deem objectionable are subject to removal. Topics posted in the Mexico forums that are not about Mexico will be moved to the Off-Topic Forum. Certain bad words, such as the f-word, will be excluded automatically by software.

>
> I wish I could suggest a level headed moderator or
> 2 that they could ask to fill the job ..... but at
> least in the Barra/Melaque area there is none that
> would want it.. Every other MB has volunteer
> moderators, not always the best .... but they
> participate regularly.
>
> Something to think about as this site gets less
> and less relevant with outdated info, maps and
> message boards

And from the About section: An attempt has been made to provide useful, accurate information on the Pacific coasts of Oaxaca, Jalisco, and Colima, within these pages. However, it is entirely possible that information herein may be in error or out of date. Please report corrections to tom@tomzap.com.

If you know of outdated information and you do not report it, YOU are part of the problem.

And as for the maps, it takes hundreds of hours to work on those for this site. Why do that when anyone can use Google Maps on their phone now?

True, this site may fade away someday, but it has been growing and changing with the times since 1994.
Relevancy and updating
May 23, 2014 11:52AM
Re: Relevancy and updating
May 23, 2014 06:01PM
>....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:17AM by sparks.
May 23, 2014 07:44PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2014 01:16AM by sparks.
May 24, 2014 06:40PM
note to self... when I get older, find hobbies, lots of hobbies so
I do not become a BOM :)
May 26, 2014 11:32AM
Sparks.. I'm the one who changed the subject line and posted "sparks wrote." Due to an error on my part, the remainder of my excellent comment (I must say) disappeared into Inet oblivion. That's the reason it didn't make sense. I promised the moderator who tried to help me that I would practice a bit more before subjecting the rest of you to my newbie ways. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Deleting that original blurb would have been the prudent thing to do, but that would require proficiency here and I have proved beyond a reasonable doubt that I sorely lack in that department! If this post doesn't come thru intact, then I imagine my days here are numbered..... just sign me "embarrassed"....
May 27, 2014 08:03PM
Sparks, is this the point where I mention that I'll be transitioning to live in the Puerto Angel area (PA; Arroyo Cruz; Zip) this fall? I can assure you and Tom and Nancy that I will endeavor to keep everything from the chacales in San Antonio (the one by La Ventanilla) to the cafes in Barra de La Cruz as up to date as I can; I still don't see myself spending a whole lot of time in Puerto Escondido; that'll be up to you city dwellers. I know Tom loves PE, but I'm more likely to be hunting a plate of Iguana in Copalita. And while I've got better sense than to argue with Nancy, I'll argue with Tom even to the point of whether the wood on his Gibson S-3 looks prettier than his blonde Stratocaster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |