Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread Discusin

Michoacán under federal control

Posted by Enviado por sparks 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Michoacán under federal control
January 14, 2014 10:27AM
Gov’t steps in to take over security in Tierra Caliente
BY CIRCE VARGÓN

The News

Mexico’s federal government has announced that it is taking over security operations in Michoacán’s violent Tierra Caliente region, where vigilante groups have been battling drug traffickers.

Interior Secretary Miguel Ángel Osorio Chong made the announcement after signing an agreement with Michoacán Gov. Fausto Vallejo to ensure federal support for the state government’s crime-fighting efforts. The agreement will allow for closer collaboration between state and federal security forces and establishes that the federal government will provide 250 million pesos ($19 million) for crime prevention programs in the state, particularly in the Tierra Caliente.

“There will be no tolerance for anyone who is found in possession of unauthorized weapons,” Osorio Chong said, adding that the law will be applied indiscriminately against anyone who decides to take the law into their own hands.

[www.thenews.com.mx]

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
Re: Michoacán under federal control
January 14, 2014 11:27AM
" What we are observing is the absence of state, the absence of Governability ". " Michoacan has become a failed state ". The Mexican government has allowed it to get to this point. Now that the vigilantes have started to make progress, in steps the government. This should slow things down. My guess is the government doesn't want their kick backs messed with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 11:30AM by IrishStew.
January 16, 2014 10:29AM
January 16, 2014 11:42AM
What a huge can of worms the US of A has created with their so called "War on Drugs". At the same time this is in the Mexican press up North they are talking about how the US Dept of Justice, their storm troopers the DEA, and various high ranking Pols have been in bed with the Drug Cartels (Sinaloa) since at least 2000. How "Fast and Furious" was no more than a Nod And Wink to supply Druggies with fresh arms and ammo.

Makes me ashamed to admit I come from such a F_ _ _ed up country. Rojo
January 16, 2014 03:24PM
We are talking billions and billions of federal tax dollars. Do you really think they want to win their "war on drugs"? I think they will milk it until the people of the USA wake the f up but unfortunatly that aint gonna happen.
January 16, 2014 07:30PM
oh please Red, if you gave at least lip service to libertarian ideas I can see your rant. While I can appreciate your frustrations I think some should be saved for the rather large population here (USA) that buys the bloody drugs and thus created the demand. In Colorado and Wa. the population voted to legalize pot. Fine... lets see how that works. Last article I read it might be going in a rather predictable fashion.
.[www.foxnews.com]

but time will tell.

as for the billions and billions spent... well according to Keynesian economics, all that government spending helps the economy!!! circular flow dont you know! lol I do admit though, (for different reasons) you are right, we are F- - -ed up.
January 16, 2014 09:38PM
Why the hell don't you start a Mexico General forum instead of pushing stuff into OFF TOPIC which is basically the garbage can. Anything that goes on near us is important to us. Michoacan is important to us. The knights Templar invaded us a year ago. Don't remember ? This recent killing of Cano is certainly a concern and could be connected. Where else would I post something regional

Wake up TomZap

Also PM's to Admin

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2014 09:39PM by sparks.
January 17, 2014 05:36AM
Tha initial post is on topic, but ALL the following posts ( except IrishStew's) are off topic and given the thread drift, getting more so.

This is not a political forum for US politics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Lo siento, slo puedes enviar mensajes si ests registrado.

Click here to login Haz click aqu para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |