Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

Anyone out here REALLY understand the Obama Care deal

Posted by • Enviado por reel1in 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Anyone out here REALLY understand the Obama Care deal
January 12, 2014 08:31AM
My US health insurance just went up to $400 from $290 and I'm going "WTH?" I would really like to sit down over a beer or two with someone who understands and can explain to me the whole Obama Care situation.
Re: Anyone out here REALLY understand the Obama Care deal
January 12, 2014 08:53AM
It's all part of the "affordable" care act. I'm sorry, but this is happening to almost everyone here in the states as well.
January 12, 2014 09:01AM
Same here. I am completely in the dark on this subject, but...
I explored every reasonable option the Affordabel Healthcare Act and only came up with lousier plans that cost around $500 more per month (for husband & wife) in the state of Washington. I am hearing from other friends up north (in the U.S.) that is best to searched for a healthcare "broker" to help you muddle through this mess. They are apparently provided free-of-charge, and there is a link on the various websites. What state are you from?
I sincerly hope that over the next few years this law is refined extensively... it's a mess. If I were 24 y.o. again I would be really pissed at paying these costs without any clinic visits for years and years.
I voted for Obama (twice) because I mistakenly thought he had cajones. Without a single payer system it's just another corporate money grab. We're screwed.
January 12, 2014 09:02AM
Try this [obamacarefacts.com]
or this .about.com/od/healthcarereform/a/Obamacare-Explained.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2014 09:04AM by scott.
January 12, 2014 09:11AM
Hey Scott thanks for the link … will check it out. I'm not sure what to do. I spend most if the year here in barra, but several months in the US, WA state for the time being. I have US insurance there through Regence, who just hiked up the rates. I'm checking on the IMSS thing here as well.
January 12, 2014 09:51AM
Then I assume you have used the Washington State clearing house site for the ACA? It is the only way to research plans in Wa. Other states have been using the Fed site which is FUBAR.
Here is the Wa State site:
Washington Healthplanfinder
January 12, 2014 09:54AM
On another thread Dry House chastised, "the financials concerning folk's problems with up north insurance issues?
January 12, 2014 10:03AM
Well we have family in the states so we've been tuned in...during the legislative process the Repubs and their insurance lobbying friends degraded and complicated the act so much that it ended up a shadow of itself...they're laughing their asses off right now. Stick with it,.... my siblings seem to think after it gets sorted out it will be a big improvement. Were'nt you supposed to have applied by the 1st of the year?
January 12, 2014 02:23PM
Six million people were dropped by their plans just so 2 million people with "pre-existing conditions" could be covered. Of those two million people, the majority went to Medicare because they couldn't afford the basic plans. Just wait until the large employers have to start following the Obamacare mandates (2015). They've already said they'll be cutting hours for employees and laying off people which falls into the Odumba entitlement government. Our national debt is already 19 trillion and climbing. You'd better be buying commodities and hiding money because the US is getting ready to crash hard.
January 12, 2014 02:24PM
you voted obmama in so quit bitching he has lied so much he wouldnt know the truth if it hit him in the azz, you can keep your doctor,,,,PERIOD, EXCEPT BLA BLA BLA, you can keep your insurance, PERIOD,EXCEPT BLA BLA BLA, still not sure about irs , fast and furious, bengazi, nsa, but the dems love it, 17 trillion and growing in debt not even the repb. could spend that much i guess you will find out all about socialized med now,, oh i forgot the government doesnt have to get the ins. they get their own better ins, i could go on and on but i didnt vote for him and hope they can impeach him for lying but that wont happen either and life goes on, and as far as understanding ahc THEY DONT UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT EITHER MAYBE WHEN THE GOP GETS POWER THEY WILL REPPEAL AHC just maybe
January 13, 2014 08:38AM
January 13, 2014 08:58PM
... as a retired guy on a fairly low income, I don't pay a dime for my Canadian/BC healthcare coverage ...and YES I am even covered by the the Canadian healthcare plan down here in Mexico and without consideration of pre-existing conditions and all the rest of the fineprint BS. I don't buy travel insurance because it's all but worthless anyway, a total waste of money... Your think your covered? Your living in a fools paradise if you think you are, because no private company will cover you or authorize an expensive lifesaving medical procedure without a fight.

...see $500 per month premiums for US coverage are not uncommon....basic single coverage in Canada if you pay is around $45 per month so what the hell are you paying $500 for? Gold plated limos for the 1% cream that manage these multiple insurance companies? ..little wonder they want to keep the status quo...and you paying the big money... they gotcha by the short and curleys, and the Republicans wanna keep it that way.

With such a self serving ethic little wonder America is becoming a broken society... ungovernable by the electorate every Bill in Congress is fought by partisan political interests or special interest lobby groups. Hell... Iran could nuke NewYork (that's after China towed away the Statue of Liberty for bills unpaid) and PETA would be fighting any retaliation attempt all to the Supreme Court because retaliation would hurt some Middle Eastern camels... it's just about that bad ..

..whata a sad broken system and one of these days all hell is going to break loose as people get fed up being lied to and ripped off by the financial service and insurance companies
January 17, 2014 07:09AM
mort you forgot one thing in can. you worked all your life and paid about 45% taxes of wages into the government the u.s. paid on averqge 18%, this is middle income for most in both countries, so if you take that 45 % for 40 years and the 18% for u.s. you get about the same 45 for cand. 500 for u.s. i just dont like big government telling me i have to pay 45% of my wages to government so later in life i can have cheap insurance, if you manage your money and invested in anything for 45 yeaars you would have a better health insurance than either country can provide, so your 45 dollar insurance is not any better nor worse then what they plan on providing in the u,s, and i dont like soccialized med, you dony always get what you want but knuckle heads like you think its great big brother will take care of you but in the mean time 1000,s of candians have to wait to see a doctor, and the goveernment os hoping you will die before they have to pay for your operation or what ever, i dont like either system, i opted out of medicare and all that b.s years ago and pay my own way and i get to go to a doc that i want, not one the the gov. says i have to go go to
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |