Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

2nd Tomzap site for Puerto Escondido

Posted by • Enviado por habanerojake 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
2nd Tomzap site for Puerto Escondido
April 06, 2010 02:48PM
I would like to propose a new site on Tomzap, only for normal people who are interested in what's happening around town and what we can do to help make PE a better place.

All those paranoid Wackos wearing tinfoil on their heads that have personal agendas and/or promote hate and fear, should have their own site to rant and rave and threaten each other. (Yes, you know that I am referring to you, learn to accept it and maybe try and get some help)

The "normals" could all be spared the usual nonsense and move on to some productive discussions.
What do you say Tom? Don't you think it's time to take the keys back from the lunatics?
Re: 2nd Tomzap site for Puerto Escondido
April 06, 2010 02:54PM
Great idea, many posts get off topic and then the wierdos wave in. I don't think this was the intention of the TZ thread.
April 06, 2010 03:01PM
i swear i was just going to propose exactly the same thing -- one PE forum for useful, friendly information sharing and another so that certain people can rant all they want.

please tom, make this happen!!!
April 06, 2010 03:07PM
at least marginalize the posts to off topic forum. this is the only blog i've ever visited and i find myself wondering in this type of 'look at me' ranting is prevalent in most blogs. info is drifting way off course here
April 06, 2010 04:59PM
Posts are delayed, yet the same garbage gets posted. Why does the moderator delay postsand let the idiots control the board?
April 06, 2010 05:23PM
It's a terrific idea to begin a second site that is more like a Mr. Roger's Neighborhood type of format / theme. The official logo could be an ostrich with its head stuck in the sand. Maybe all the people who post could sign off with a smiley face, too.

Have a nice day!
April 06, 2010 05:50PM
The PGR would have a different opinion than yours on the accuracy of my posts.
Is the phone ringing yet?
April 06, 2010 08:10PM
this is quite interesting. a new site. for whom? for those who are not able to communicate in a blog? a message blog is also a mirror for those who are writing into it. if you are not able to communicate seriously, build your own blog and don't ask a third party to do this for you. you are old enough. what is wrong in puerto? does the mexican violence has impact in the brains of "paradise" american residents? you aren't in paradise, you are in a country of facts.
April 06, 2010 08:47PM
Hello?
Info1, McMarc (is that another name that Info1 came up with while he was having a big Mac and thinking about narcos?) and PuertoPamala

Did you not understand? Go back and read the original message.
I am proposing a site for normal people, not crazies.
You are the lunatics that spew paranoia and hatred that I was referring to.
I don't see what you are getting all upset about, I never said you should not have a place to vent, some of us would like a nice normal forum, that's all.
If we want espionage and death threats we can have more fun reading a novel or watching a movie.
No further responses from you are required.

I'm sure that Tom can respond directly, he does not need you crazies putting words in his mouth, or...is he one of you?????!!!!!
Interesting that this post was marginalized, I'm kind of surprised it was not simply deleted.
How about it Tom? Do we really need to let these nuts have a voice in a forum like this? Are there not more appropriate places for them to communicate with the other Universes and/or the mother ship?
April 06, 2010 09:33PM
@ habenerojoke:

sorry, your answer did not refer to my post at all.

build your own bolg site in the internet, or aren't you able to do this?

i have nothing to do with info1. i even don't know her/him.

i don't think that your call for papa tom will help. i would recommend that you should use your own brain to open a blog for pe in the internet, if you really would like to realize it. i think that tom with his excellent website would never be your tool.

this american puerto society seems to be really crazy and i am really happy not to be involved. it seems that there exists a lack of communication in the american "paradise" community.

and it's so difficult... the biggest distance in puerto you can reach within maximum drive of 10 minutes by taxi, much larger seem to be the distances between the brains of those who are living there. strange. the american "paradise" residents aren't able to organize themselves.

are you bored of the "paradise" pe? do you know each restaurant or bar in pe that you feel to have write down your boreness in the internet? please, don't let out your boreness to other people instead of changing yourself.
April 07, 2010 01:55AM
Although at first I thought is was a great idea, it doesn't seem to practical, what's to stop the crazys from posting on the new TZ? I'm sure Tom and his crew have better things to do than filter posts. I think we just have to take the good with the bad.
McMarc, you seem to have a major hard-on for "americans in paradise" por que? I would think anyone in their right mind is not entertained or enlightened intellectually by the swill that come out of a few of the posters mouths, and no I am not american. I was under the assumption that the posters here on the forum came from different countries not just america. If you haven't noticed it there is alot of communication right here on the forum and I'm pretty sure in their socializing. As for your ranting, raving and comparisons between a taxi ride and distance between brains, are you sure your not info with another alias? I haven't met too many prejudice people here in Pto. but your certainly one.
April 07, 2010 04:40AM
finally spider lost the idea... the "entertainment" was enough to initiate a post.

good, so i can understand it as a consequence that you arent't able to create your own blog in the internet. but it seemed to be of some importance, which suddenly dissapeared by discovering that some work has to be done and/or that nobody would follow to the blog?

from the discussion i could recognize, that spider and joke are not the best friends of info (whatever might be the reason). if you are so experienced in open communication, why don't you meet (spider, joke and info) personally or by phone to have a discussion and solve your problems? writing one post after another in the manner of a ping pong game doesn't help in your case.

but perhaps it might be easier to keep up the unreasonable picture of an enemy instead of solving issues together.
April 07, 2010 09:28AM
Well Tom?

Do you not see what happens to almost every topic on this site?
I never expected you to start another site, I would much rather have you see how your forum has been hijacked and needs some control from the mediator.
Info0 or McMarc or some other nutball takes over, starts spewing garbage and the whole topic that we started out with becomes immature name calling and somehow changes into the subject that "said mental patient" wants to talk about.

How about hitting the button for "this post has been deleted due to improper content" every time someone forgets to take their medication and tries to add their never ending dribble and propaganda.
A little censorship is needed in this case. It should not be that hard, simply monitor the questionable posters, you know who they are. Add me to the list if you must.

Really McMarc, you don't get it, I understand.
However, you just said that you are happy not to be involved, how about be a "man"? of your word and stop being involved in this discussion so that we can find a way to save this site.
April 07, 2010 10:40AM
I completely disagree with any censorship by Tom and/or the moderator. Even this off topic section is a bit awkward for my tastes.

If Info's posts are not of interest, why read them? Why not read what you want to read, and skip over the posts you don't like? There are certain posters I never read, others I always read. I like seeing different POVs and personalities (even if I completely disagree with the poster). Not everybody will get a long, and it is simply impossible to please all the people all the time.

Why should Tom or anyone decide what is fit to be posted? No one is forcing anyone to read anything, I think it is better to decide what I want to read than having someone dictate what I should read and write.

My best and completely respectful suggestion: if you are THAT bothered by certain posters, find a new site. Or as I think McMarc was trying to suggest, create your own so you can decide what gets posted.
April 07, 2010 11:37AM
The forums are actually heavily moderated. What you are seeing is only the
(relatively) clean white tip of the iceberg. It could be much worse. The Report Post
function still works though and while we do not necessarily delete everything
that is reported, we do use that as a barometer to gauge what is acceptable
to the majority of users.

Tom Penick "tomzap"
tom@tomzap.com
April 07, 2010 12:01PM
It would be a nice idea to have a Puerto Escondido site that pertained to daily news happenings. Such as highway construction progress, private business and home construction and real crime reports.
Crime reports can be viewed as news. For example a murder or suicide is news period. No matter whos business it effects.
A site dedicated to actual happenings would be interesting to say the least.
April 07, 2010 12:23PM
xxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 12:32PM by Pedro.
April 07, 2010 01:21PM
"Your happy not to be involved, writing one post after in the manner of a ping pong game", seems to me that's exactly what you are doing. As for meeting or phoning info to resolve issues, bad idea. I wouldn't want him to know what I look like or have my phone # because I don't want to be drawn into his daily paranoic drama. Instead of trying to resolve any issues I may have you should be working on you feelings of prejudice towards "americans in paradise". As for communication skills, the first thing you did was attack the poster instead of offering your advice and then your prejudice kicks in and you attack the americans, many of which help the mexicans and others in the community. Seems like you need some skill developement.
April 07, 2010 03:09PM
@joke

your first post: "I would like to propose a new site on Tomzap,...."

your third post: "I never expected to start another site,...."

so what is the issue, joke?

papa tom doesn`t help you, even if you are complaining further. make your own pe-homepage. you are not in "wish me something wonderland" but you are in the land of "it`s like it is" until you personally change it. hopefully i could see your results in creating the ultimate pe-website soon.
April 07, 2010 04:35PM
I give up.

From now on I will think of these people as my strange friends that I visit at the asylum from time to time.

Thanks you for finally responding Tom, perhaps I was naive to think that Info1 was as bad as it could get. I'm sure it does get worse.
I will try and find the humor where I can and move on when it becomes too much as you suggest Pedro.
Either that or it's back to that boring old Trip Advisor site.

Oh, and McMarc if you really are not just another alias for Info1, you do a pretty good imitation.
I already have a website and not much chance I'll be telling you or your invisible pals how to find it.

Gottagomakesomemoney,
Jake
April 07, 2010 05:23PM
wise decision to give up, joke. i never thought that in your character was left a corner to take correct decisions. congratulations!

besides i accept your decision to think about me as a firend. thank you very much. i don`t mind, if your friends are from asylum or elsewhere, because i am tolerant to all.

thank you also for mentioning your superb personal pe-website which you created altough you initialized this blog by asking tom to open a "2nd Tomzap site for Puerto Escondido". i am really proud of you how you managed this.
April 08, 2010 09:11AM
Byebye InfoMarc
Time for your medication.

I'm really, really done, so you can go crap on someone else's topic.

Anyone wanna take my bet that he has to have the last word?
Go ahead, you can have it if you must.
April 08, 2010 03:33PM
April 08, 2010 06:40PM
oh joke, thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to have the "last word", even if this is an impossible matter in a blog until the admin will close it.

so now we all know that you are a real expert in internet blogs and also relating your excellent pe-website that you built.

according to your ability to create a "2nd Tomzap site for Puerto Escondido" unfortunately until now no medicine could help me.

but i am quite sure that you as an outstanding expert could recommend me the proper medication.

so i guess that you are not only the best creator of internet-websites, but also an excellent doctor.

you have my respect for what you reached in your life.
April 09, 2010 01:27PM
The site has already become more focused, as is evidenced by this thread which was moved. There use to be all kinds of bantering back and forth, often with no relation to PE or Mexico. The concern I have is that if the site is only an information post, without controversy, it won't generate as much traffic. Then people who have real questions might not get a good sample of responses if the people "in the know" aren't interested enough to tune in regularly.
April 09, 2010 07:51PM
This may be a bit off topic and if so it should fit well here. A poster asked who the old grey headed grouch with the bad legs is. He hangs around the Split Coconut. It cant be anyone but Fritz Myier, A Swiss man by birth that has property here in Chila. I have no earthly idea how anyone can have it in for Brad but he sure does. The Music Fest looked to be a real class act and made Brad tons of money. It appears this Fritz is deadset on ending it. The question I have is why?
April 09, 2010 08:35PM
One man said he was Fritz the Stormtrooper because of the way he marches around giving orders. Good thing Brads the boss, at least for now.
April 12, 2010 12:27PM
I have no clue who Mr Marc was or is. Obviously he probably is a good person or these anonymous people who constantly attempt to ridicule would not be attacking him. It is a serious problem here on Tomzap that people can continuously defame other people while hiding behind anonymous usernames and hidden I.P.'s., both online and in public.

The interest of Tomzap is to get the proper word out about what's up in Puerto (without anonymous users trying to discredit the thread author), and at the same time allow us to keep tabs on those elusive characters that plague the desks with paperwork at our consulates and embassies, (Canadian, Italian, others), Mexican Immigration and other Mexican agencies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 12:36PM by Info1.
April 15, 2010 08:58AM
Yes it would be in the interest of tomzap to get the word out. The TRUTHFUL word that is. Not one persons warped personal agenda. Now who could we be spaking of ???
And yes when a foreigner is sentenced and found guilty the INM is the first to know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2010 09:00AM by K Boy.
May 04, 2010 05:23PM
I vote (Yea) for a site for each and every one of your aliases. You could have six - eight - ten plus websites and try to present your opinions. Apparently with such backing each subject you view your opinion would be six times more credible. However until all of you can present your name your opinions will continue to be a pitifull attempt to bully the citizens of Puerto Escondido into being scared. Its easy to scare old ladies and rip them off but not so easy to stand up to surfers and men whom do not have to hide behind guns.

So will the real alias, please stand up, please stand up.

How many times can you attempt to fool us and the unweary NEW visitors to Puerto? and when the "never had" credibility runs out you make up another name and try to strike up a converstion with some new patsy you want to take for a ride. How bout we send the chauffer over and "Leave the Driving to Us" I think their windsheilds are about three inches thick.

Don't misinterpret this as a threat, god knows how many denuncias a person can have in a year but you guys are about ready for the Guiness Book of World Records, I'm pretty sure. Lets let the real police take care of the problem children, it's their job.

The truthful word is that in the end we all have to show what cards were holding, and dear sir I have bet it all, with an ACE int he hole that you are bluffing.

Mine all have official stamps, yours have I.D's from a comic book, and that is DOCUMENTED.
I rest my case......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |