Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

Qestion from Barra/Melaque Forum member

Posted by TequilaBrad 
Qestion from Barra/Melaque Forum member
August 27, 2012 11:44AM
My wife and I are flying into Manzanillo airport next weekend. We are thinking about a trip inland to see the volcano, and hopefully, if it is complete, ride the 3km long zip line.
Can anyone offer advice on where to start out to see the volcano, or will we have to go with a group?
Also, is the zip line complete?
Sorry to do a "drive by" like this, but no one on the Barra/Melaque forum knew for certain

Thank you all,
Brad
Re: Qestion from Barra/Melaque Forum member
August 27, 2012 11:57AM
Comala Host will probably respond re. the volcano tour question. Re. the zip line, I sent a response to the Barra forum, but I don't know if the one I know about is three kilometers long. It was complete last winter when we were there but the place doesn't have much business. You might go past it on the way to the volcano.
August 27, 2012 04:44PM
Thank you iamx, it was your response on the Barra list, that prompted me to come over here and pose my question again.
thank you,
Brad
August 27, 2012 06:49PM
Yes, Jupiter (Comala Host) is the best person to talk to about the volcano tours. You could PM him or go to his website www.admiremexicotours,com, We just had friends from Paris, France take the tour last week and they thoroughly enjoyed it. He might also know if the zipline is open.
September 25, 2013 10:58PM
I too am interested in info on the zipline, our kids are wanting to try some this xmas.

Brad, we have done the Volcano Tour with Jupiter before, and its awesome!, we also went the year before, with a friend on our own, and drove around a bit, past Comala, and got as far as we could at that time, on the other one. Jupiter does tours , or you could stay in Comala, where he also has a b and b, and you could probably get a map and do some minor exploring on your own, Lake Maria, etc.. its all quite a beautiful area, we always leave wishing, we had spent an extra day or two, to do more. Let me know how you make out for info.. I too posted about the zipline on the Barra forum, but no one replied. Jupiter has a page.. [www.admiremexicotours.blogspot.ca]

Cheers!
September 26, 2013 02:50PM
We'll be back to Comala in three weeks or so and I will see if the zip line thing is still operational. You may need to send me a reminder.
September 28, 2013 08:50PM
Hello,

Yes, we are running the zipline and kayaking tour. Here are some photos it is 5 ziplines and we do them twice. It is important to mention that the zipline is not open due to the low demand, so it requires previous reservation. If you do not like kayaking we can exchange it for trekking on volcano slopes. We can run this tour from Monday - Saturday

Book early and get a special discount before Oct 31st, 2013.

We depart at 9:00am and the tour is about 5 hours. We can pick you at your Colima or Comala lodging if you do not have a place to stay check out our B&B in Comala Casa Alvarada in Comala

Hope to have you on tour soon!

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2013 09:07PM by Comala Host.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |