Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

Desfile - Parade

Posted by Willie Bodrak 
Desfile - Parade
November 28, 2010 04:47PM
For those new to the area like us, this coming Fri., the 3rd of Dec.....will be a HUGE cabalgata/horse parade here in Comala. It will start about 8 pm & last until ????. We have been told by the neighbors to expect a lot of noise, drinking and festivities and many, many horses.
Today's parade had a lot of horses in it too. We are both former "horse people" and believe me, some of these around here are the most incredible animals we have seen!

Hope you might have a chance to enjoy it too.
Re: Desfile - Parade
November 30, 2010 11:52AM
We'll be arriving in Barra on 12/12 and are planning a couple day trip to Comala. We would love to experience an event like you describe. Will there be anything similar during the dates of 12/14 - 12/28? Thank you for your help.
December 01, 2010 01:25PM
Here is a link which will let you follow upcoming events as planned by the Sec. of Culture.........

[www.culturacolima.gob.mx]

For local stuff, I depend on my neighbors to alert us.

Where are you staying when you are in town? More than likely, the hosts will know what's going to be happening as well.

Be sure to eat botanas at the portales and the wonderful pizza at AdoBe on Hidalgo. Tell them Guille sent you!
December 01, 2010 03:37PM
It is a shame you're not getting there couple of days earlier. Last year we were in town the night of December 11th and 12th. Each of the main parks in El Centro had different things going on December 11 as part of the celebration for the Festival of Guadalupe. Orchestras, Banda music and great food by the local church ladies and men. Was introduced to Huaraches. Mmmmmmm.
Next day we got up early and went to Comala just to spend the day. Ran into several parades involving very young school children. It was adorable. All dressed in little costumes. Followed them to the school and they performed outdoors on a little stage.
Needless to say, we will be back in Colima those same days this year.

Jeff and Lisa
December 02, 2010 10:54AM
Thank you for the link... Our house is in Barra and we plan on driving up sometime after 12/16. We haven't picked a place to stay yet. It will be my husband, me and our seventeen year old son. Any suggestions? Wish we could be there earlier, but don't arrive in Barra until 12/12. Thanks everyone!
December 02, 2010 03:27PM
You might look into the Casa Alavarada.....it's owner is a regular poster on this forum. We stayed there whenever we would come down for a few days & stayed 73 days total with them last year! They are wonderful people!!!!

Wherever you end up, you will like Comala,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |