Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> Puerto Vallarta >> Topic

Good food

Posted by tourguidebob 
Good food
February 14, 2010 03:10PM
We just got back from 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta and while there we had some great meals. Here are the restaurants that made a real impression: Mama Rosa's, No Way Jose, Hadas Garden and Coco's Kitchen. Our lunch at Planeto Vegetariano was quite good, too. We tried Swede's but the burgers were way over-priced for what we got. Amapas Sunset was a nice meal on the beach but I wonder how long some of these new places will survive when they have hardly any patrons night after night. So much good food and so little time.
Re: Good food
February 14, 2010 04:17PM
Are these in old town?

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
March 06, 2010 12:31PM
They're in the old town or romantic zone.
Here's a link to Mama Rosa's: [www.mamarosavallarta.com]
Planeto Vegetariano is at Iturbide #270, just 1 block over and 1 block up from the cathedral
Coco's Kitchen is at Pulpito 122, Zona Romantica
No Way Jose: [www.nowayjosemx.com]
Hadas Garden is on Basilio Badillo across from Joe Jacks.

By the way, the seafood chowder for lunch is excellent at Joe Jacks.
The nightly snacks on the malecon are fabulous.
March 06, 2010 04:27PM
Thanks for the details.
Now, if I could only find where to buy good cheeses ........

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 04:27PM by Howard.
May 06, 2010 11:23AM
Hi Howard, On cheese, try Rizo's just across the foot bridges in Old Town, Reg
May 06, 2010 12:09PM
Thanks Reg. I dropped in about three weeks ago but they did not have what I am looking for.

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
May 20, 2010 10:36PM
Restaurants - well, after 4 visits last winter, we always ended up at Cafe Roma, on the N side of the river, just west of the foot bridges. Upstairs. Fox and his delightful staff do it right, and very reasonable. It's our favourite. Worth stopping in PV for, even when passing through. I really do think, they have the best pizza in all of Mexico. The crust is made by one of the fellas right on the spot. Something you don't see very often in B.C. His happy hour is great, and the staff really caters to cute 13 year old daughters. Treats them like godesses. Fox and his lovely wife do lots and lots of charity work for the dump community also, so that shows their spirit.
May 22, 2010 08:57AM
I believe the person of which you speak is Larry

The fellow in the blue shirt is Fox
July 18, 2010 10:35AM
That's not the Fox from Roma's.

Cafe Roma

I agree on the "you gotta go" recommendation. It is a great place with great energy!

Sandra
July 27, 2010 02:15PM
I'm going up to PV for a few days in a couple of weeks. Anyone know of Eddies out in Nuevo Vallarta, they are rumored to have Lebanese food which I love but the trip advisor reviews all mention fish tacos (yick).

I am not looking for Mexican food, nothing against it but I can get that at home in Barra I want something different.

Also has anyone eaten at Le Kliff - described as "global cuisine" - and located out towards Mismaloya? If so is it as good as it looks food menu wise? Their menu looks fabulous and even accommodates my wheat dairy allergy right down to the dessert..."SMOOTH GOAT CHEESE PIE...AND ROYAL LEMON SABAYON" Yum! But their wine list is kind of mediocre once you move out of the sparkling wines so I wonder about them...
July 27, 2010 03:50PM
Nan:
There are lots of good restaurants along Basilio Badio in the old town. I have not eaten there for a while but I suspect you would like Cafe Frankfurt - enough authentic German dishes to have you going back for several days to try them all.

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
July 28, 2010 04:59PM
July 29, 2010 09:00AM
Vista Grill is a very upscale nice restaurant in PV. Go for sunset, the view is amazing.

Vista Grill

Sandra
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |