Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> Puerto Vallarta >> Topic
Hauling a trailer Through PV to Punta Mita??
January 21, 2011 04:55PM
Hi Folks,

Coming from Barra de Navidad direction will be hauling a 5X9 trailer.
I want to go to Punta Mita, never been there before. Do you think I will have
any problems with hauling a trailer? Is there a certain time that maybe there is
less traffic??

Thanks,
Surf Caster
Re: Hauling a trailer Through PV to Punta Mita??
January 21, 2011 06:26PM
I can't see how you would have a problem.

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
January 22, 2011 07:39AM
Thanks Howard,

I have never driven in PV before, thanks for the reply.

Surf Caster
January 22, 2011 11:22AM
OK, to be more specific:
The road from El Tuito north is slow and winding - take your time and watch for the topes (at Mismaloya they are particularly big).
As you come down into old town PV you will have to choose between going through town or the tunnel/bypass route. Personally I would go through town.

The through town route starts just after the Pemex (on the left) at the traffic light.
Go straight on, being careful about traffic lights as they are not all clearly visible.
Over the bridge and then follow the traffic sharply left.
Down a couple of blocks and the traffic all (almost all) turns right.
Keep going straight on for several kilometers parallel to the beach. (There is a little hill about half way along and the road bends a little to the right and left as you go over it).
All the above (except the first two blocks) is one way traffic and two lanes, so easy.
Eventually you will run out of road and there are playing fields in from of you.
Turn left, stay in the left lane, follow the road around to the right and then merge into the traffic on the left.
You are now on the main coast road which takes you more or less parallel to the beach through the hotel zone, past the cruise ship terminal and marina, past the airport, over the bridge into Nayarit and on through Bucerias.
Once you are through the town of Bucerias stay in the right lane.
You are going to be turning off onto the overpass at La Cruz as that is the road that will take you down to Punta de Mita.

If you want the tunnel/bypass route, then when you get to the traffic lights after the Pemex (same as above), turn right onto Basilio Badillo. The road winds a bit, going up inland through tunnels and there are several sets of traffic lights and topes.
After the last long tunnel at the top the road descends back down towards the ocean.
Keep going straight as long as you can, then follow the traffic turning right to merge with the coastal just a little further along from the merge I mentioned in the through town route.

I think the hardest bit if just before and in the old town (whichever way you go).
In old town there are lots of traffic police who take good care of pedestrians, stopping traffic frequently so be prepared for that. Also, some pedestrians think they are invincible and step out into the road without looking.
Finally, you could preview the route by looking at Google maps.

Have fun!

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 01:49PM by Howard.
January 22, 2011 11:55AM
WOW! Howard,

Thankyou so very much for the detailed directions, very much appreciated.

I will also take a look at Google Maps.

Again Thanks,
Surf Caster
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |