Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> Puerto Vallarta >> Topic

-Just Passing Through-

Posted by WANDERER 
-Just Passing Through-
November 19, 2010 08:18PM
On a Social Security pension every stinking peso is important. Any recommendations for a hotel that costs 300 pesos or less? I need to keep an eye on the car as it is stuffed to the brim. I don't need a pool or waiters, just a safe place to rest my head for a dozen hours.
Re: -Just Passing Through-
November 22, 2010 04:51PM
Try Costa Kasiev above Blockbusters just before you leave old town on the road to Melaque. The small rooms cost about $250 - $300 pesos the last time I was there. I don't have a phone number but it is really easy to find. They have a big parking lot in front and someone is on the desk 24 hours a day.

Dan

Website - [www.flipflopnomads.com] Email - info@flipflopnomads.com
November 22, 2010 09:45PM
200p for 1 person per night last weekend.

God I hate giving this info out cause the last time I stayed there the whole 1st floor (2nd in Gringolese) was filled with Melaque/Barra folks and I had to climb to the 2nd (3rd in Gringolese) floor.

It's very inconsiderate of them not to have an elevator (lift in British)
Zeroing In On Stuff...
November 28, 2010 05:00PM
Heading south I go through the second of two tunnels, exit onto Carranza, proceed to Insurgentes, make a left (Just like I am headed to Barra on Mex 200) and then after I am on Insurgentes there is a Blockbuster? Would that be on the right on left (old tired eyes)? Amazing thing that once-discovered, things are incredibly easy to re-find. Bouncing around in traffic with two eyes on the road ahead, one in back to watch for tail gaters another to port and the last to starboard is a few more eyes than I have to spare. I will spot the Blockbuster no doubt, I just don't want to start driving up the grade and realize that I need to turn around somehow and go back.
November 28, 2010 06:35PM
Turn left at the stop light, the last one in Vallarta just b4 going up the hill to the last pemex, and it will be on your right and the parking is tight there. That's the one way road going back through the other tunnels.
November 28, 2010 08:49PM
As you come through the second tunnel on Carraza, you come down to Insurgentes and make a left as it is two way at that point. Next intersection is with Basillio Badio. Make a left there so you are going back to the tunnel. Blockbusters is on you right immediately.

Howard Platt, Manzanillo
hplattbc@gmail.com
November 28, 2010 09:13PM
Thank you for the clarification.

BTW Howard, Is this url OK with you?

November 28, 2010 11:00PM
Maybe I finally got it...

Exit the two tunnels onto Carranza
Make a left onto Insurgentes just like I was headed to Barra
But then at the very next street (Badillo) make another left.
On Bandillo immediately expect the blockbuster movie rental joint and Costa Kasiev hotel on the right.

Gotcha! Mil Gracias! Now all I need is to find some kind lady selling tamales on the street!
November 29, 2010 01:04AM
Badillo is known as "Restaurant Row" so maybe not your style, sooooooooooo keep your eyes out as you are driving along Carranza, especially the side streets.

These guys... .......... three blocks away, will be able to help if you if you run into difficulty.

The closer it is to Christmas, the more difficult to get a room. When I see my CPA, I'll get the phone number for you 'cause a reservation "MIGHT" help...........

November 29, 2010 03:55PM
phone# for Hotel Casiev is 322 223 5452. Address is Basilio Badillo No. 370, Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta. Free WIFI as well. Last time we were there, they were remodeling some of the rooms.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |