Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

My Tenacatita post

Posted by katie 
My Tenacatita post
August 08, 2010 09:19AM
Wow, I'm shocked at how aggressive your responses were to my question about Tenacatita. As you can tell, I don't use this site, and posted a question before realizing how it works. Upon learning what I had posted, my husband said "oh no, they are all going to be telling you what an idiot you are". I guess you are as predictable as he thought. Thank you for your gentle correction and I'll happily go back to just hearing the odd anecdotal bit of tomzap news from my husband. And yes, I purposely started a new topic for this message instead of adding to the thread.
Cheers, it's been a slice.
Re: My Tenacatita post
August 08, 2010 09:29AM
Yep Katie, a certain element on here are for the most part pretty predictable - stodgy too. That is why Zummie can have so much fun yanking their chains - so don't even worry about it. Just so you know a lot of them don't like it if you recommend a hotel that is over 30 bucks a night or a restaurant with a decent wine list or other than Mexican food either. ;-) hee hee
August 08, 2010 10:10AM
Hey Katie -

Don't let the bullies scare you. This is a vocal opinionated group; many posters would do well to take a good look in their respective mirrors before posting, but in the end everyone kisses and makes up.

So welcome, whether you only read or you participate. The more the merrier.

Just remember, they're only words....

Linda
August 08, 2010 10:26AM
I hear there's a new group called "old farts of the costa alegre". Membership drive is now on.
August 08, 2010 11:30AM
See Katie, myself and my personal pals are all quite friendly...we don't fit into the OFOTCA category...hee hee hee...not just yet anyway.
August 08, 2010 11:34AM
Katie,
Have been a victim myself of hurtful responses and almost left the board but it is fun for the most part. And Nan and the gals are a really friendly helpful bunch, even some of the old farts club are helpful. I think they do get a lot of amusement out of making newbies uncomfortable though. Keep coming and watch out for Zummie......i think he is a bright light in here but ya have to get his wit. He likes to stir the pot! I like to come to the forum daily because it makes me feel closer to Barra and I like to hear all the local gossip. Hope ya hang around.
August 08, 2010 01:14PM
charley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear there's a new group called "old farts of
> the costa alegre". Membership drive is now on.

To be a "charter member" of the OLD FARTS you need the proper identification though!
August 08, 2010 01:26PM
Message boards are often like talking with people in a bar. Some are fascinating. Some are nice. Some are better ignored. But even they can put a ruby on the conversation tray.

Post more. It is good to hear new voices.
August 08, 2010 02:13PM
katie Wrote:
> Wow, I'm shocked at how aggressive your responses
> were to my question about Tenacatita. As you can
> tell, I don't use this site, and posted a question
> before realizing how it works. Upon learning what
> I had posted, my husband said "oh no, they are all
> going to be telling you what an idiot you are". I
> guess you are as predictable as he thought. Thank
> you for your gentle correction and I'll happily go
> back to just hearing the odd anecdotal bit of
> tomzap news from my husband. And yes, I purposely
> started a new topic for this message instead of
> adding to the thread.
> Cheers, it's been a slice.

the best thing is you can hang out in barra for months and not run into any of these people ,, most ppl who visit barra dont come to this site,,,,, its mostly for old guys who are bored with themselves
August 08, 2010 02:23PM

gregorio Wrote:
>
>
> the best thing is you can hang out in barra for
> months and not run into any of these people ,,
> most ppl who visit barra dont come to this
> site,,,,, its mostly for old guys who are bored
> with themselves

I think you have it backwards. When YOU were in Barra we all avoided you like the plague. Believe me word got around fast and many even crossed the street when we saw you coming. Now, on the other hand when I'm down there we all thoroughly enjoy each others company and it's always a party. I'll bet that the people in your hometown feel the same way about you so you shouldn't be surprised when you come to Barra.
August 08, 2010 02:24PM
heehee
August 08, 2010 02:37PM
Chubasco1954 Wrote:
> gregorio Wrote:
> >
> >
> > the best thing is you can hang out in barra for
> > months and not run into any of these people ,,
> > most ppl who visit barra dont come to this
> > site,,,,, its mostly for old guys who are bored
> > with themselves
>
> I think you have it backwards. When YOU were in
> Barra we all avoided you like the plague. Believe
> me word got around fast and many even crossed the
> street when we saw you coming. Now, on the other
> hand when I'm down there we all thoroughly enjoy
> each others company and it's always a party. I'll
> bet that the people in your hometown feel the same
> way about you so you shouldn't be surprised when
> you come to Barra.

hehehehehe ahh zummie all bored down in horrible tampa bay,,, im sorry you werent lucky enough to be born in the best country,,,,,,,or even the second best,,,, again so sorry amiga..... whick nickname are u gonna answer with next ?
August 08, 2010 03:39PM
You know in all my life I have NEVER met an American who wishes he/she was born somewhere else. NEVER once, no matter how drunk or embarrassed by what some of our leaders or government does.

Now, after one too many drinks I have met more than a few Canadians and Europeans and Central and South Americans who admitted they wished at times they were born in the USA. Now, go ahead and lie to us and tell us how you never wished you were from a country where nothing limits how far you will go in life other than your own intelligence and ambition.
August 08, 2010 03:40PM
pretty thin-skinned bunch here...

if you write in public, be ready for editorial comment, of all stripes...
August 08, 2010 04:38PM
SrCotton says it best!
August 08, 2010 04:49PM
"Chub, You know in all my life I have NEVER met an American who wishes he/she was born somewhere else. NEVER once, no matter how drunk or embarrassed by what some of our leaders or government does."

You're just unlucky Chubby, all of the Americans I have ever met were told where and when they were born, and it was only because of not knowing any place better, Eh.
August 08, 2010 05:12PM
hard to know how good srcotton would get if he'd get down here full time!!
August 08, 2010 07:05PM
"You're just unlucky Chubby, all of the Americans I have ever met were told where and when they were born, and it was only because of not knowing any place better, Eh."

arbon...you are new here and showing up with a big hard on...what's your pitch for this forum??
August 08, 2010 11:51PM
I don't think people should have to be thick skinned just to come into a forum meant for answering questions and feel they get jumped on. Even if the question has been asked 100 times she didn't know that and if people didn't want to answer they didn't need to instead of making her feel bad. A bunch of regulars can banter back and forth seeing as you know each other but in this posters case she didn't and was made to feel bad for asking........that sucks. Maybe some of the hard skinned regulars need a place they can go peck at each other when they feel like a fight. There are those on this forum who always answer nicely with good information and it has been a well of information for many of travellers to the area.
August 08, 2010 11:58PM
DH -- I look forward to getting back down there full time. Soon. The northern gig is almost up.

Steve Cotton
[steveinmexico.blogspot.com]
August 09, 2010 07:26PM
thank you susan...but do you think that other gal cannot take care of herself on this forum?...where do you come in as a caretaker?
August 09, 2010 08:16PM
Same place as those who badgered Dry, same place...this is an open forum is it not? Meant for discussion/expression of views? The orginal poster said she wouldn't be bothered with the forum again but perhaps the next new voice might be treated differently..or not as it seems rather predictable in this forum for every post to be turned into something other than the question asked.
August 09, 2010 09:01PM
Keeyreist, this is the biggest bitch fest I have seen in quite a while, especially, considering it is over the square root of SFA.
Take a lude, go sit by your air conditioner, and crack a cold one. Sheesh. Where did all the good times go?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |