- Seven Moles of Oaxaca Mole dishes are often made from a prepared paste that you can buy from a grocery or market but here are 3 recipes for mole that you can make from scratch.
- Oaxacan Yellow Mole Yellow mole made from scratch, a version from chef Pilar Cabrera.
- Tamales de Calabaza con Chocolate Tamales made with squash and chocolate, a favorite recipe from chef Pilar Cabrera.
- Chili Rellenos A Mexican Independence Day favorite consisting of a green chile, white walnut sauce and red pomegranate.
- Pan de Muertos A special bread made in celebration of Mexico's Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead - All Soul's Day or All Saint's Day)
- Guajillo-Tamarind Turkey with Roasted Poblano Gravy A spicey glazed holiday turkey.
- Southwest Cornbread and Chorizo Dressing This would go well with the Guajillo-Tamarind Turkey.
- Ancho Chile Pumpkin Pie A spicier version of a holiday favorite.
- Chipotle - Corn Mashed Potatoes Mashed potatoes with grilled corn and chilies.
- Espaguetis con Limón A simple and delicious spagetti dish.
- Chile - Spiced Sweet Potato Tamales wrapped in corn husks or bananna leaves.
- Mushroom and Quesillo Quesadillas Quesadillas seasoned with epazote and jalapeño.
- Chileatole Mixteco A soup made from fresh corn seasoned with epazote and chile de agua.
- Rajas de Chile de Agua al Oregano Strips of chiles de agua with onion, lime juice, olive oil, and oregano.
- Radish Leaf Soup made with fresh radish leaves, potato, and onion.
- Bean, Apple, and Fish Salad This why we have a favorite recipe collection--you probably wouldn't try this otherwise.
- Arroz con Leche A popular Mexican dessert.
- Salsa de Chile Pasilla Oaxaqueño con Gusanito de Maguey A green salsa made with tomatillos and the Oaxacan pasilla chile--recipe from chef Pilar Cabrera.
- Huevos Rancheros A breakfast staple.
- Sopa de Aguacate A chilled soup.
This page has been visited times since July 3, 2010.
| Top of page |
Main index |
What's new |
The Pacific Coast of Mexico