Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Puerto Angel >> Topic

beach destruction

Posted by johnzap 
beach destruction
May 09, 2015 01:04PM
Got home Monday after the waves struck, only to find the streets jammed with boats taken out of the water and sand in all beachfront establishments, with the palapas on Playa Panteon filled with a two meter+ load. Everyone is hoping for a little cosmic mercy when the next one hits on the 14th...
Attachments:
open | download - DSCN1552.JPG (125.8 KB)
open | download - DSCN1553.JPG (130.6 KB)
open | download - DSCN1556.JPG (135.8 KB)
open | download - DSCN1558.JPG (130.4 KB)
open | download - DSCN1569.JPG (131.6 KB)
Re: beach destruction
May 14, 2015 09:16PM
Thanks for posting. My family has been posting lots of pictures and videos of it on Facebook. Devastating! We have tickets to arrive on Monday, and will see it in person.
May 16, 2015 02:41PM
Well, sola, there's really not a lot of beach in Mazunte, but it'll come back as always (Ojala!) Zipolite's still in pretty good shape; hacen't gotten back to La Tijera or Tembo, yet. Fishing has returned in ernest since the second round. I'm going to look for aome alleged lost pangas next week. It may be time for the trash can & plastic bag lift salvage! If tanks of air weren't in such short supply, I'd try to rig a lift tube to move some sand...
May 16, 2015 09:53PM
Life on the coast...up close and personal with Mother Nature!
May 17, 2015 09:25PM
Playa Panteon didn't suffer near so much as you might have hearsd, sola; I'll try to post post more shots tomorrow if I can coax the right camera to work. There's still plenty of sand on the beach; the main problem is too much sand under the palapas!
May 17, 2015 09:41PM
Great for very short people!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |