Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Puerto Angel >> Topic

Dive prices

Posted by johnzap 
Dive prices
December 24, 2014 08:12PM
Some young folk are running a dive shop in Mazunte. They offer a "Discover Scuba, " for 1200 pesos. If you are a certified diver, it is 1200 pesos for a two tank boat dive. They don't have many tanks nor regulators, so the only rentals offered are of snorkeling gear

I also visited with Gener, who is running Azul Profundo out of Cordelia's on Playa Panteon. He'll do a 30 meter boat dive for 700 pesos. But these are serious tech divers/fish hunters. He will try to talk you into the 50 meter hunting ecpedition for a thousand pesos. I hope you know your personal limits.
He will rent tanks and weights. Prices are going to vary.

Beto's still up that damned hill somewhere. But I 'spect you'd need an intro from the right person to lay hands on his gear.
I know this sounds like nailing jello to the wall, but such is diving putside the major resorts on this coast. Sigh.
Re: Dive prices
February 19, 2015 01:46PM
Over the past few weeks, I've spent a good deal of time around Gener Pineda at Playa Panteon. Gener is not only Puerto Angel's premier dive outfitter, but is also the rwo-time Presidente Municipal. I have found him nothing but genial, cooperative, and generous to a fault. However, that does not make him any more eager to do recreational diving of the type favored by travelers and tourists. I, on the other hand, have no interest in hunting big fish; I like pretty colors and tropical fish. So I've been doing some negotiating If you want to come do some diving, Gener will furnish tanks, a boat, and driver for $1,000 pesos each. Since recreational diving is my thing, my services will be free, just to be doing the dives - but everybody on the boat appreciates a gratuity for doing their jobs well So if you want to come down and see pretty-pretties in reasonably clear water, I'll put it together for you Rental gear is in extreme short supply, so bring your regulator and BCD. If you don't have gear, then I'll recommend Alex in Mazunte, where $1200pesos will get you gear and a 2-tank dive, if you are a certified diver.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |