Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic
GLORIA AND HER HOTEL
September 07, 2010 10:32AM
I'M TRYING TO LOCATE A FRIEND OF MINE. HER NAME IS GLORIA AND SHE WAS ORIGINALLY FROM REDONDO BEACH, CA. SHE OWNS(ED) THE PROPERTY AT THE END OF ZIPOLITE BEACH. I BELIEVE IT WAS CALLED SHAMBALA. SHE IS AMERICAN, BUT
MARRIED TOMAS LOPEZ(MATEO'S BROTHER). IF ANYONE HAS SEEN HER PLEASE LET ME KNOW. HOPE SHE'S ALL RIGHT.
ME LLAMO GERONIMO Y ESPERO FELICIDADES PARA TODO LA GENTE EN ZIPOLITE Y PUERTO ANGEL. NOS VEMOS.
Re: GLORIA AND HER HOTEL
September 07, 2010 11:44AM
Tomas died over twenty years ago.

Gloria left Shambala to her son? about ten years ago. I believe she returned to the USA.

Shambala was in operation last spring when I visited. It is inexpensive and well worn.

I do not like messages all in CAPITAL LETTERS. I makes the writer appear rude.

At your service,

gg
Re: GLORIA AND HER HOTEL
September 16, 2010 09:25PM
Gloria is fine, and she did not leave the Shambhala to her son. She runs it and was there in the winter, but did go to the states and has already returned or will return soon. We celebrated the Karma Cleansing Ceremony last year there and the year before and it was a wonderful experience.

Please visit my new site AdventureZ in Mexico [adventurezinmexico.blogspot.com] to see videos and photos of Shambhala and there is also a link to her site there.

[www.advantagemexico.com]

The Shambhala is earthy, it's survive Hurricane Paulina and Gloria has worked hard to keep her "baby" alive these last 35 years and survive amidst the changes that are occurring in Zipolite. She has built a restaurant at the bottom on the beach called El Boheme that is beautiful and has an incredible view, and you will definitely enjoy a peaceful morning coffee there...

On the same level as the restaurant and monk rooms, she has built a little workshop and was displaying some of the incredible jewelry that she has made. She is incredible gifted.

Up above she has added some lovely new cabana/rooms that have incredible views, little hobbit houses, and I know that one sleeps at least 7 and it great for a group.

The meditation point is not to be missed, it's lovely and peaceful with a gorgeous view, a wonderful place to do yoga or watch sunsets.
Hope this answers any questions that anyone has. If you need more info please visit her website and contact her brother Daniel as I believe he handles the emails.

If you make to Zipolite, you should definitely visit Shambhala, it's a magical place and I have always enjoyed my visits there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |